What the hell happened to tf2?

What the hell happened to tf2?

Attached: fur fag pyro.png (940x659, 155.2K)

Bots
No updates
1 part time localiser
Comp
Mainly comp but i digress

The art design went down the drain and the same group of people continue to make terrible hats and ruin it even more

It's been like that since 2014.

>GRAPPLING HOOK

Valve only does maintenance updates once every 6 months now. The community itself is responsible for a large majority of the cosmetics added since the OG hat update, both by creating and voting for the goofy hats as a joke for "teh irony". The inmates are unironically running the asylum in TF2, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what side of the autism spectrum you are on.

so you're saying it's reddit's fault?

>caring about art design
The game would be dead for real now if that was the case.
Freedom its what makes TF2 great, learn to have fun.

Attached: 1637803683893.jpg (448x417, 48.62K)

No user. YOU killed the game. I killed the game. We all killed the game. We were supposed to dedicate huge amounts of time to using workshop votebots to manipulate which hats would get in. Since we did not take action, we have to live with the consequences.

Attached: 1641468044784.jpg (1440x1440, 204.51K)

>The game would be dead for real now if that was the case.
It memes a time during the 70's when stupid garbage like the shit you see in OP's pic didn't exist. The only thing that kept it alive were the people with actual soul that this appealed to, which resulted in millions of youtube videos and memes centered around things that weren't even gameplay related.

>Freedom its what makes TF2 great
If that were the case then it should have gotten exponentially better since Valve stopped giving a fuck. Yet every year it gets worse and cringe as a result of f2p fags.
Long story short, never underestimate the power of a ten dollar entry fee to keep poor degenerates out of your fandom.

Attached: rip.png (1409x884, 2.46M)

>comp is 6v6 instead of 9v9 with every member using each class
They doomed this thing from the start.

Attached: 600.jpg (500x320, 29.3K)

off topic aside, is it me or is the backburner and flamethrowers getting nerfed? I remember easily annihilate a whole team as pyro back in 2013 and now backburner barely do any crit and damage.

It takes place in the 60s you idiot.

meet your match happened since people at valve go off and on of projects, which related in a bunch of retards thinking compfaggotry balancing would help the game.
jungle inferno didn't bring in "good enough" results which is also why it's in a shittier state than it already was, community members fucking any chances for good community updates for the game because of their kikery, plus workshop creators being faggot niggers would want their 6 month period payment check.
the tf2 jumping community is on it's last legs with gay ass maps that exist and veterans leaving with not enough newblood to replace them, even with momentum mod it won't save it because of the massive entry to learning how it's even done.
the community servers are full of goody moderators who will ban you for being "wrong".
casual is garbage and quickplay should've stayed as the necessary evil.
cosmetics on the workshop are either really good or shit, shit gets added, which in return only makes more shit get added as a result.
tf2 won't die yet, the game may, but not the autistic faggots behind it

The Mac update was the beginning of the end, it was only downhill from there.

matchmaking, jesus christ it now always took me 5 minute to find a decent match. who the fuck thought it was good idea to put matchmaking for pubs. people doesnt even play competitive at all so why dont they got rid of it?

Every recent case has been brimming with crap. No one likes the new hats and by consequence valve doesn't sell any keys. The only people winning here are the creators getting paid and ass pats from their retarded communities. Tf2's art style was finely crafted and one of the strongests aspects of the game, scraping it to flood the game with meme cosmetics doesn't help the game it hurts it. If you want to run a custom server with style breaking shit in it go ahead, but making the base game an eyesore is retarded.

Attached: 1646505484686.png (1047x871, 678.74K)

Come home

Attached: 600px-Steam_Server_Browser.png (600x375, 128.58K)

Overwatch

>If you want to run a custom server with style breaking shit in it go ahead
Well if you want to run a custom server with not style breaking shit (aka no cosmetics) in it go ahead, I don't know why people care that much about cosmetics if you can turn that shit off with mods.

Attached: 1589774570872.jpg (441x462, 142.37K)

Too many inconsistent and unfunny gameplay elements (random bullets spread, random crits, ect.)
Turns off new players and even veterans get fed up after a while

Name one community server that isnt cancer and doesn't adjust any values besides playercount

There are good cosmetics and I like dress up as much as the next guy. It just fucking blows that all the new ones are such shit and I need to turn them all off to make the game not look terrible

Hate the game but sometimes I need my tf2 quick fix

thank you for pointing this out
most community server retards never even play on community servers

it is just you, i kill whole stacks with the backburner regularly

yep matchmaking is much better than being under tranny rule

good, now name one that doesnt have gimmicky bullshit (24/7 X, no crits, class limit,etc)

>Freedom its what makes TF2 great, learn to have fun.
The fuck are you talking about? It's a class-based arena shooter

Backburner had its crit angle nerfed, fire overall became useless after the second pyro update changed how it works entirely.

really? my backburner have a hard time recognizing enemy's back and I have multiple times get fucked by heavy even though I got him right in his back.

Did anyone else play on the valve payload servers and nothing else so matchmaking didn't even change anything? I do miss auto scramble and being able to switch teams though.

>Listen to people playing a format that breaks the balance of a 12v12 game with no class limits
>Causes a blackhole of bad decisions where you aggressively try to groom people out of playing the objectively more fun pubs
>Kills off user servers with the contracts
>You now have one point of failure that people can completely automated fucking up with matchmaking
>Start a habit of randomly making perfectly fine mechanics worse or useless because of some random youtuber complaining about it >muh stun doesn't belong in fps gaems airblast overpowered because it stops blast jumpers the thing it was added into the game to do
>Most user servers can't get enough traffic to afford staying open and they shut down making interesting user content WAY more scarce
>Matchmaking flooded with bots and there's no moderation
Compfags ruined tf2
>B-but I didn't want this, and also you just aren't good enough at the game to understand why this is actually good!
Silence competitive player

Attached: 12890309812908.jpg (1600x1070, 449.03K)

I've found a couple that I like: cafe of forgotten dreams and soozy's shack. They're named something like that. They both run some pretty cool custom maps and I generally have a lot of fun on them. The problem is they are usually unpopulated, but they have events every so often to fill the server up. It's not perfect, but browsing community servers and finding some you like is a far better way to enjoy the game then matchmaking, especially now.

Attached: 1623933174602.jpg (1024x1008, 65.66K)