This game is kicking my ass and I can't get into it. What's the trick? I've beaten the Souls games, Bloodborne...

This game is kicking my ass and I can't get into it. What's the trick? I've beaten the Souls games, Bloodborne, loved Sekiro, but Nioh seems way harder. I'm on the third boss and it seems impossible.

Attached: game-steam-nioh-complete-edition-cover.jpg (1015x1115, 894.4K)

Soulless level design.

This is the only "Souls-like" game I've played and I don't get the appeal. All you do is dodge and punish with a few pokes since bosses don't flinch.

I even tried speccing into ninja items, but you only get limited uses so you have to go back to the same shit as you would do if you didn't spec into ninja items.

Attached: the og.png (74x72, 3.81K)

If you're a fan of From Software games you won't like Nioh. My advise is, uninstall and don't bother again.

>all you is dodge and punish
so literally every souls game?

unironically it only gets good 20+ hours in once you actually have a moveset
well I suppose it depends on the weapon but once you understand the mechanics it goes from you trying to get pokes in on the enemy to you continuously attacking the enemy while juking their attacks

You need to figure out what the appropriate stances are for the given situation.

welcome home

Attached: 1616671932997.jpg (2500x1493, 911.05K)

The game gets way, way easier as it goes on, the rate at which you get stronger in Nioh is insane. For the parts of the game that are hard though, the main things I'd recommend are to try to deplete enemy ki and remember to block. In Dark Souls you rely more on dodging, but blocking is very useful and typically more reliable in Nioh.

Just press dodge and ki focus lmao

I'll need more details on the trouble you're having before I can actually help you.

It’s only too difficult if you get stuck in the dark souls gameplay mindset. Your stances give you way more options in combat, make sure you use them. Additionally ki pulsing is a mechanic that lets you stay on the offensive way more, and you can get stat buffs from using it with a few upgrades. Blocking is important too, you block 100% physical damage, it’s incredibly useful. Weapons have a shitload of useful abilities available as well, and play very different from each other. People will call you a shitter for it sometimes but using sloth is helpful early on as it slows down enemies and lets you get used to their movesets. Another thing to keep in mind is that inflicting two or more elemental status effects on enemies procs confusion, which greatly weakens most enemies.
tl:dr
focus on learning the aspects of the game that are different from dark souls, that’s probably what’s making it too hard

nioh would be better without a ki bar, prove me wrong

>infinite axe spin through everything
You broke the game

is it really harder for you than Bloodborne? i feel like the opposite, the ability to become stronger in nioh is more readily available to you in the beginning, you just need to kill some player phantoms to get their broken loot and then you can cruise by the bosses. meanwhile in Bloodborne i have to gather what little scraps i have just to push through the first area

Listen, this game is straight up bullshit. After 140 hours, I can honestly tell you that the game was made for a specific group of people that like bullshit games (like me).

If you don’t like it, then you are a normal person. I won’t ever say “git gud” because this game is simply not designed to get good. It’s designed to “get fucked”.

I’ll play these games but I won’t recommend them.

Attached: BCC54CAD-B583-4E06-8749-548D19D1C3E1.jpg (389x344, 26.83K)

Learn the mechanics
>don't dodge on hit, block
>learn to flux
>learn the input pace (faster than souls games)

You're massively overstating the difficulty. It doesn't take too late long before you're Iai slashing everything and melting its health bar, or sticking a Sloth talisman on every boss so you kill them before you even get to see any of their moveset, or applying some status effects and getting the already immense benefits from those effects, but getting Confusion for free on top of it, at which point you can just tear into them. The game's not that hard outside of the early game, where it's mostly just hard because you're still getting to grips with the mechanics.

which one is the third boss? the spiderlady in the cave?

I always keep hearing about Dark Souls and Elden Ring, but how is Nioh? It caught my attention.
>Is it good
>Do you need to play 1 before 2
>What are some Any Forumseddit-approved contrarian opinions I should ignore?

Attached: 1643599903741.gif (260x199, 127.48K)

Treat it less like a Souls and more like a hybrid of Souls and Ninja Gaiden.

Yes.
No.
Nothing comes to mind.

It's good, but its main value, at least as compared to From's games, is in the combat. It has good build variety and much more depth in both the player's moveset and in how you can build your character than From's games. It's still not perfect on that front, people often find it has way too little enemy variety, and I think it's a very poorly balanced game in your favor, personally. It also has a lot of loot, which some people dislike, but it's really not hard to manage. You don't need to play 1 first, and they're also similar enough, long enough, and have uninteresting enough stories that just playing 2 isn't the worst idea, it's better balanced in my opinion too. Nioh 1 still has some unique values to it though, a lot of enemies are re-used for 2, but Nioh 1 has a number of bosses unique to it.

Sounds cool then, I'll give it a try then.
>at least as compared to From's games
Well I don't really care about that because I haven't played any of their games. Only similar game I've played is DD.

Attached: 1643980118346.jpg (1142x1500, 67.13K)

>learn how to ki pulse consistently
>save your guardian spirit for finishing off the boss, use it when it has like 1/4-1/3 of his health left
>level up magic and unlock talismans(go for the buffs and debuffs sloth is especially useful)
>do the dojo training missions to expand your skill tree new ones unlock every so often
>make sure to equip better weapons and armor periodically, don't bother trying to upgrade them in the forge you'll constantly find new and better stuff
>use handcannons when you find one they do shit tons of damage if you aim at weak points(also great way to deplete boss ki)

Attached: 1606351653636.gif (350x263, 1.48M)