Gaming's golden era

Gaming's golden era

Attached: file.png (589x360, 104.17K)

The original xbox, why do you ask?

>not 2005-2008 era 360

Wii sucked
DS was the best handheld ever though
>era
PC sucked at the time and was nothing besides everyone playing WoW and old games and Stardock trying to hold relevance

Wii was peak soul. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
MP Trilogy with Wiimote
Rhythm Heaven
Japan Time for Brawl

It was fun as shit.

OG xbox had halo 2, the pinnacle of video games.

>halo 2
>not Halo 3

>Wagglan
>Golden anything

This.
Galaxy games are unironically dogshit. No camera control, analog stick directions arbitrarily change running around spheres (with no camera controls), of which there are many. POINT TO COLLECT STAR BITS, U NEED THEM XD! Sunshine was better.

Sunshine was dogshit

early ds with gamecube is where nintendo peaked

Oh and DS was only good because 2/3 models could play GBA games good controls, ergonomics and a back light. There's not a single DS game that I'd like to replay. Both Zelda games shit, Mario 64 butchered and put on dpad controls (character keeps moving after you release too). Worst shovelware handheld to ever exist. Even Shadow Dragon was a fucking mess.

Wii and DS felt unique and I miss that. Switch feels derivative like a Wii U with more portability and no soul.

How is it 5 years after launch and we still can't customize the home screen? I blame Iwata dying.

The Wii brought motion controls to the masses, it is the precursor of highly interactive games, without it VR wouldn't be a thing, it was even used on the Kinect prototype, body tracking and head tracking wouldn't also be as widely used if Wii Sports hadn't taken over gaming.

>There's not a single DS game that I'd like to replay.

Awful taste

Attached: DS_Recommended_Games.jpg (1630x4700, 1.77M)

cope

Attached: 93px-SMS_sunglasses_and_shirt.png (93x120, 16.48K)

The interoperability of the old gens was a nice value add.
GBAs as personal screens for FFCC, moving Pokemon into games like Ranch and Revo, and I think some PSP games had various PS2/3 connectivity.

That shit doesn't happen anymore.

>Switch feels like a WiiU
I wish, it feels like a PSP, the WiiU was like a VR device that was mostly unutilized.

Wii 2006-2009 was soul incarnate. It stopped when NSMBW came out

NSMBW was kino, but nintendo learned all the wrong lessons from it.

>Unironically shilling Gen IV, Prime Hackers, touch screen Zelda, DS Advance Wars (very very shit), a bunch of visual novels, literally a Japan exclusive Front Mission remake, dogshit FE1 remake, shovelware like a tingle game, fucking puzzle and rythm games, worst Animal Crossing with its equally handicapped Wii equivalent, YOSHI'S ISLAND DS

Shine.

DS had a valkyrie profile? Was it any good?

>I grew up with it so that was the golden age

why is this so common

I grew up with the NES, but I agree witb OP

I was in college when Wii and DS were a thing actually.

Zoomers will never understand playing mario kart wii at the frat and the losing your virginity to a hairy jewish girl.

nigger GBA and GC were Nintendo's modern golden age, and now again with Switch. Before 3D, their best time was the SNES which is one of the greatest consoles of all time. Wii and DS are gimmick pieces of shit that only zoomers would look back on favourably. Zelda was dead for their lifespan, and TP was a GC game.

>nigger GBA and GC were Nintendo's modern golden age

Is that why they almost died during this era? Shut the fuck up.

Nintendo Golden Era is SNES.

GC only sold poorly because fat retard parents bought the PS2 instead because it was a DVD player. This is well known. Gaming media shit on the GC early on.

SNES/GB>>>Wii/DS>NES>>N64/GBC>>GBA/GCN>>>Wii U/3DS=switch

the absolute STATE of Any Forums

The Gamecube era was terrible, Nintendo was going through and identity crisis, bunch of terrible games, glitchy and with bad gameplay, it killed F-Zero, Star Fox, Console Kirby. They didn't know what to do with Zelda, Metroid became a slow
FPS with autoaim.
Some games were great but Nintendo wasn't at their peak, not even close.

I grew up with the atari 2600 and disagree vehemently with OP. That retarded faggot has no taste.

Switch (library of most SNES, NES, and coming N64)>SNES/GB>GC/GBA>N64/GBC>WiiU/3DS>NES. Bask in the truth and seethe

financial it was disastrous but going back to the GameCube's library is way more more fun an interesting than the fucking wiis

But it's not VR, is it? All it did was force you to waggle a stick around to do something in a game that was done way easier without the stupid waggle. Fatal Frame made you waggle it to escape being grabbed by ghosts, and I ended up smacking my cat because of the stupid mechanic because the cat had no idea why I was making such idiotic motions and starting getting close.

>implying parents can pick what their kids like
PS2 destroyed the GC because it offered Variety, GC was mostly Nintendo games and most of them were bad, I can still remember the huge amount of disappointment I felt when I first played Star Fox Adventures .

Cope

>Best F-Zero "killed" F-Zero
not at your best today huh? It's only stagnant because Nintendo doesn't want to / know how to make a normal sequel.
>Prime 1 and 2, some of the most beloved Metroid games of all time
I don't need to say anything else there.
>Kirby Air Ride, best Kirby spinoff to date
>Starfox was indeed dead on GC
>Wind Waker and TP, one innovative, one OoT 2.0. Wind Waker looked back on very favourably, both better than SS
>Melee

Go back zoomer or 2D ONLY boomer

People forget that Wind Waker was absolutely hated until years after release as well.

They wanted OoT 3 with "mature" artsyle etc and mario sunshine was seen as a huge disappointment compared to SM64/

Too bad that almost half of your list is expensive and rare af
There are only 60.000 sold copies of Chrono Trigger in Europe

>wagglin
Some games did that, but some games got very close to what modern VR offers, for instance Wario Ware Smooth Moves.