Anyone else getting their index finger destroyed by elden ring?

I've been having to claw grip the controller with my right hand to be able to sprint with B and also have both movement and camera control. Obviously I'm not doing that during fights but my dainty bitch hands still end up doing that for long stretches of time while I run around.

Attached: 1646578967408.jpg (2048x2730, 752.11K)

what the fuck

play mouse and keyboard

You can remap all the buttons to your liking in the options menu

Hold B to sprint, right thumb on camera stick, left on movement stick. Effective but agonizing. I'm probably just retarded and there's a better way of doing this.

Attached: 1646579152482.jpg (1200x514, 64.08K)

You save reaction images to entertain brown teenagers on chan boards. You are extremely brain damaged

Are sprint and roll separate bindings? I like roll being on B for combat.
I actually rebound heavy and light attacks to swap so heavy is trigger and light is bumper already. Unfortunately it doesn't work while on horseback so right side attacks on the horse are bumper light trigger heavy and left side attacks are bumper heavy trigger light.

I grip it like that too. It is the best way to take in the enviroment while moving trough the area. People used that grip for MonHun too

my button maps:
A for rolling and running. Very easy acess with my thumb, and it's the most important button.
B for jumping; I know, it's weird, but It's not an important button.
X for picking up items and opening doors. Always has been.

cute hands :3

>Anyone else getting their index finger destroyed by elden ring?
Why would I? I play KB+M

Attached: 1622654798417.jpg (828x806, 38.29K)

I wouldn't know, I use MKB.

Just buy a different controller. I used to claw grip all the time with Souls games too, but I just got an 8bitdo Pro 2 so I wouldn't have to anymore. I still need to use my left index finger for the d-pad every now and then, but it's not literally all the time like it used to be with the right one.
Right back button is sprint/roll, left back button is jump, right side extra face button is crouch because I don't like pressing L3.

You post to entertain brown teenagers on chan boards. You are extremely brain damaged

Enjoy

Attached: Back_Buttons.jpg (1040x585, 78.14K)

You guys don't hold your controller like this?

Attached: 1628374730049.png (573x310, 198.33K)

I'll check that out. Thanks anons.

if you play like this your finger was ruined before elden ring.

lmao i play the exact same way op

why are people like this. you don't have to run and have camera control at the same time, you can let go of run and walk for literally half a second to reposition the camera and then resume.
and even if you did need to do this, you can remap controls. and even if you didn't remap controls and still did this, you would be 10x better putting the controller on your lap or table and using your middle finger instead of your index to hold the button with less strain of position.
claw crip has never been necessary in a souls game, it's necessary in very very few games

And people ask me why motion control is the superior choice for camera movement...

The Xbox Elite Controller or other pads are just a logical evolution. I always bind L3/R3 & B on the back buttons, it gives you a total control of what you want to do in games like Elden Ring AND it is easier on your fingers. Imagine pushing sticks to lock enemies all the time...

>I've trained my right arm's brachioradialis so much from doing Bloody Palace with Vergil that the left arm is significantly softer

Attached: 1616538805419.png (617x347, 222.76K)

How come back buttons haven't become the standard on controllers?
You have like 4/6 fingers that sit on the back of the controller, yet two thumbs on the front to press most of the buttons.
Ergonomics of most controller incentivises people to press the buttons with their thumbs instead.