Minor things in vidya that set off your autism

>ocarina of time artwork has link with a sash(?) across his chest
>it isn't present in-game

Attached: young_link_and_adult_link_by_legend_tony980-d4ebyg1.png (777x1029, 766.15K)

It's present in majora's mask`

It's in Majora's Mask, Melee, Soul Caliber 2, the 3DS remakes, and every one of his (or his outfit's) appearances since.

Attached: 1632387454101.jpg (330x318, 26.08K)

but why wasn't it in ocarina of time to begin with if the artwork was made to go with its initial release?

Idk, technical limitations or something. N64 was shitty hardware.

>technical limitations
>when MM exists and the models for MM are less resource intensive than OoT
lol, lmao even

Yeah, it annoyed me too. Maybe they had something planned for the tunics and scrapped it in the end and forgot to add the belt back, perhaps that fiercy deity costume was meant to be used as one of the fire/zora tunics in OOT?

More experienced team and use of the expansion pack

Wait until you realize that every time Link draws his sword in pretty much every LoZ game ever, it clips through the sheath

Yeah a single fucking belt texture is so hard.

Wasn't the artwork created after the game was already finalized?
Or am I thinking of a different Zelda?

Did anyone make any texture edits with it for the N64 original?

They were literally still learning how to 3D.

The "sash" is the belt of his sword sheath.

It's because Young Link was added later in development obviously MM corrected it with an updated model

Unrelated, but the 3D remake of MM keeping Link's OOT model instead of changing it for something taller and older like it was in the N64 version and its artwork always bugged me.

Grezzo laziness
In the case of the originals it's more likely they just forgot the sashes in OoT since Adult Link's model has a ton of junk data and is very unoptimized
The game went from pic related to OoT in a year

Attached: 1595776438111.jpg (576x435, 48.01K)

MM64 Link never looked older than Young Link to me, just a more complex version of the same design. It's not like he's shown to be visibly older in the official art.

Attached: 1639803715571.jpg (285x300, 23.11K)

The original wasn't taller, it literally just had a belt around hit shoulder and slightly more detail on his head. Can you really call this laziness or just staying true to the source material?

For most people, like myself, who played it at the time, the new MM young link became the defacto young link. When the version with the belt over his shoulder was introduced into melee years later with OOT styled accessories no one batted an eye as they just saw him as the same link.

I don't think that MM young link was ever meant to be older, just more detailed and closer to the original vision of the character.

Correct, no one ever points out how kid Ocarina of Time Link had a belt over his shoulder in game art and other media but it didn't make it into the final game. It wasn't developers being lazy, it was getting the game needing to be out on time with not a lot of experience on new hardware with a deadline. Plus it was one less thing to optimize on the character that could be on environments. Majoras mask literally picks up from the ending of Ocarina of Time anyways there is no reason for him to be older lmao.

It's still kind of lazy yeah I'd still call it laziness since the least they could've done was give Young Link and updated facial texture treatment because going by Majora's Mask and the official artwork he's much more stoic and serious in it compared to OoT's innocent and happy go lucky Young Link