What is the definitive way to experience Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines? What patches should I download...

What is the definitive way to experience Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines? What patches should I download, which mods?

Attached: masquerade.png (1600x1073, 2.34M)

I don't know

the one that fixes the game?

the vanilla one that looks and runs like shit
It is the truest way you can play

Its aged horribly. I just recently finished watching a long playthrough as a malkavian. I suggest using the HD texture pack in moddb.

Just get the GOG version which comes already patched. Don't install anything else.

Uhh I guess the clan quest mod? I dunno the basic fan patch that comes with gog is alright to me. Just make sure you turn this one audio setting off or the game will sound like ass. I forgot what the setting is called but if you switch it off it'll get rid of the stupid echo sounds. Btw the game switches it back on some times when you boot it up so always check before you play.

I like the Clan Quest Mod but I don't think someone should use it their first time. I've pretty much played with every mod but still think the vanilla game is overall the best.

>Just make sure you turn this one audio setting off or the game will sound like ass. I forgot what the setting is called but if you switch it off it'll get rid of the stupid echo sounds.
It's "environmental effects" or something like that under the audio tab in options.

>Watching
There's your problem retard

Who is that cowboy hat chick in the bottom left picture on the back of the box?

download wesp5's patch
it comes in 2 versions - basic and plus. basic just includes optimizations, widescreen support, bug fixes and other technical shit. plus includes everything in the basic with some restored content cut from the original game. some people say to only play basic the first time to see the game as it was on launch day. i think that's a valid point but i would say go for the plus patch instead. it's still close enough to the original game but with some fun extra content. you can play whatever clan you want but for a first time i would recommend playing a brujah toreador or tremere.

that's one of the female malkavian PC outfits with some text laid on top for a picture, that's not a real NPC in the game

It's not an npc, as the pic would suggest. It's a female malk pc.

Attached: 1.jpg (800x600, 141.36K)

I think it's one of the armor skins for the female Malk player.

>plus includes everything in the basic with some restored content cut from the original game.
It also includes a bunch of completely custom content and changes. I think that's mainly why people say not to use it for your first time. It's not really a restoration patch anymore, it's a big overhaul mod.

>buying a game i already have on steam

This would be 10/10 cover art if not for Jeanette fucking it up. Shame.

>>buying

>risking a virus for a game you already own on steam

more like jeanette fucking me

You are gay.
Also the shadowy figure is lacoix.

Attached: lacriox.jpg (640x1047, 57.18K)

I wish this game was complete. It just isn't good enough in its present condition. Something on the scale of New Vegas in this setting would be nice. Make it happen Microsoft.

Only UP. No major mods are really intended for your first playthrough and subsequently each warrants an entire playthrough on its own.