Best open world action rpg

>still hasnt been topped
sigh

Attached: Ocarina-of-Time-Emulator.jpg (700x525, 72.05K)

BOTW is a much better game overall but not a better zelda

>bi-minutely elden ring cope bunker thread
Literally just stop thinking about it lol

based

>elden ring damage control
At least tell me Fromsoft is paying you and that you aren't doing it for free lol

>bringing up elden ring in a zelda thread
??

Not an RPG at all
It was good at the time but is meh today

what makes you think its meh today?

>open world action rpg
Pic unrelated? It's a fairly linear action-adventure game.

OoT is a masterpiece

that screenshot makes me want to boot into the game and play, god damn

Attached: try_force.png (224x188, 80.42K)

Why do you have both hookshot and longshot

>Not an RPG at all
This is true but many people will try to argue against it. An RPG needs exactly 2 things at minimum to be considered one. One being story choices, and the other being content that is gated away depending on your character. OoT has zero real story choices even if it illusions to them via dialogue selection, and you can do literally everything in the game in one play through, that is not possible for an RPG.

>It was good at the time but is meh today
I don't agree with this though.

your definition would exclude final fantasy from being an rpg

>story choices
that's patently false, RPG video games have always been one to present a single concrete concurrence of events, the only "choice" you have is in playing the game or not

Attached: me.jpg (309x347, 32.17K)

An RPG has leveling up, stats and character progression. Zelda doesn’t have any of that.

What is this thing, anyways? To this day I don't know.

Attached: thing in top left.png (700x525, 593.73K)

an RPG is just a game that relies on character skill more than player skill. it's not that complicated. why do people think zelda is an RPG? i don't know. maybe it's because of the items and collectibles.

Honest question- why do people think zelda is an rpg? It is just an adventure game. Borderlands is closer to an rpg than zelda because it is essentially a first person diablo.

It's a mini map notification if you turn it off it goes away

Those are you hearts you fucking moron

Zelda has all of that in each game, you don't need a fucking number next to the tagline "Level:" do you, retard?

>>still hasnt been topped
and it never will. at least we got to experience it as kids. these little retards have no way of knowing what they missed out on.

Still the peak of the series. Pretty sad desu.

because it IS an action-rpg, whether you want to sum it up as an adventure game or not, it still retains of the character progressing elements that are stables of RPGs

Real answer? It’s because Dark Souls IS an RPG and the Souls games combat is just Ocarina of Times combat so people think the two are in the same genre despite Zelda placing far more emphasis on key item usage.

unironically was playing this on 3ds in between sessions of Elden Ring and it's the reason I dropped it halfway through. OoT is superior in literally every way except graphics

Attached: n64.jpg (1086x658, 102.19K)

>dropped Elden Ring halfway through
Based, I've been thinking about doing this as well.

man, its still kinda unbelievable how good it is.

Attached: __young_link_saria_and_malon_the_legend_of_zelda_and_1_more_drawn_by_konno_tohiro__sample-8f815c1b8a7856c18d44128a11e71f55.jpg (850x1163, 212.28K)

port when

It's a worse game and a worse zelda. Open worlds are a mistake.