Elden Ring

Let's talk about the lore. What did you get, beyond the basic "become the new Elden lord" storyline?

Attached: elden ring godfrey.png (877x523, 1.02M)

>Tolkien bad
>Nihilism good

so does he come from warcraft or street fighter

Hot take
Marika was actually MALE before she ascended to godhood by marrying Godfrey
So originally the being was Radagon, a twink chosen by Greater Will to be its avatar/vessel etc on the realm of Land Between
however only female can fulfill this role, so Radagon just had to be trans and turned into a new identity later known as Marika. Being female, but previously male, she couldn't cope with the fact that she now wanted to suck Godfrey's dick, a literal chad, so the male personality of Marika was forced to split from her, turning back into Radagon, while the female part stayed as the goddess queen and spread her legs to be impregnated by chad Godfrey

he's from Soul Calibur

Alright, so wtf are Those Who Live In Death thinking is going to happen when they resurrect Godwyn?

>be demigod
>get shanked
>resurrected
>now a giant rotting corpse with ayy lmao octopus head
>worshipped by skeletons and a whore that fucks dead bodies
>have no idea that the Shattering occured, all your siblings are dead/insane/want to kill you
>mother is now a tranny

Like, he's gonna go insane right? How do you even process that?

Yes. Unironically.

>Marika was actually MALE before she ascended to godhood by marrying Godfrey
gay

I hope there's a DLC where we fight Godwin

this shit has no story. not even lore. its some rehashed dark souls stuff right down to basically identical opener to dark souls 1 with names changed, but this shit has no real flow or coherent plot or anything. they made a bunch of shit and hoped the fat fuck's name would sell the mishmash concepts he probably shit out in an afternoon. they paid for his name, not any actual content.

>mother is now a tranny
>now
>ignoring that his mother already married the male part of her when he was still alive

it seems that the family was pretty fucked before his death

its a dark souls prequel
>second half of the game your goal is basically to kindle the first flame

Godrick jobbed to Melania.

What the fuck is her endgame exactly

Attached: ABB02C14-AA0B-4E64-8B52-352A250913AF.jpg (640x800, 92K)

Rennala is a salty cuck and a poser. No wonder she's a joke boss fight.

Whats the lore behind these guys

Attached: 1646390210829.jpg (1920x1080, 217.56K)

Give four handies at once.

What's the lore behind Radahn? He felt like a joke boss:
- ridiculously huge hunk of meat on a tiny donkey
- can be spammed with NPC phantoms
- the meteor attack straight out of anime
- insane damage and almost unreadable attack patterns

yawn

Attached: darksouls4.png (599x920, 166.19K)

he's the shameful display of the family, of course he would job

Everyone jobbed to Malenia

He was holding back the stars or some shit. Didn’t you do Ranni’s quest

i hate how this man looks

I think they've basically been created by the big tree and they protect it and what it means. They use human skin as cloaks and stuff

Stars above

Hate the Greater Will
Hate the Two Fingers
Hate mind control.
Love Torrent
Love the Stars
Love the Tarnished

Simple as.

>son of Godfrey and Marika
>said to be the strongest demigod
>loves his horse so much (yes it's a normal size horse) that he learned gravity magic so he could ride it while being a giant
>fought with Melania during the shattering,
>Melania couldnt win, being a sore loser she released her mega aids instead, infecting the whole land and Radahn
>Radahn was being eaten inside out by the aids and went insane
>still strong enough to hold back literal stars/ayys

where is godfrey for 95% of the game
why does he come back to stop you from becoming elden lord
i don't understand what his motivation is because as far as i can tell, his character is "I Like Fighting Strong Opponents". that's what he lives for. sure, the tarnished is a very strong opponent. but godfrey should have no fealty to the golden order whose mastermind marika banished him so long ago. i don't get it.
like, that fight would be perfectly good if godfrey was like "You're the strongest opponent I've ever seen... let's fight." or something.

Tolkien laid the foundations to be expanded and improved upon. This is nothing new. It's like saying earthen huts with thatched roofs are better than modern-day houses.

I'm absolutely pissed about the Melina interactions. You can interact with her at almost every church in the game, but game doesn't tell you this at all, and the only way to know this is if you rest at those specific sites of grace and manage to see the "talk to Melina" button at the end of the prompt list. Every time I traveled to a church I just activated the grace and keep running along, so I literally never saw or interacted with Melina for over 80 hours, only saw her twice in the first hour and at the very end.

Was absolutely puzzled by her role and why the game's ending made it seem like I should care about her when I almost never saw her; for such an important NPC they should have made her interactions much more apparent/non-missable. Having her show up every x amount of sites of grace would be much better, and I wouldn't have missed out on one of the most important characters to the game's story.