This was the best handheld ever, it played GBA and DS...

this was the best handheld ever, it played GBA and DS, my games had wireless multiplayer modes with only one copy of a game

Attached: vidya.jpg (254x199, 8.18K)

Download play and not needing a link cable was amazing for multiplayer. It was much easier to find someone to play Mario Kart or Pokemon with. WiFi was also great as long as you didn't run into a fucking cheater.

i remember a movie in a classroom being meh, and a friend having Lost Magic, i was able to download a demo from the other side of the classroom where he was, like i was chillin at a kiosk in a store, but during that medicore film in class, that memory is seared into my brain
as well as getting bored at homecoming and chilling outside in the parking lot playing Metroid Prime Hunters against one another

no gba link support was meh. I hope they at least tried.
even the gba wireless adapter was a dead product.

the wireless adapter for GBA was designed in conjunction with pokemon fire red & leaf green, i would be surprised if it worked for any other games

GBA should have just included the IR port like the GBC did. Then you wouldn't need a silly wireless adapter.

The best part was that it wasn't trying to go for "console-like" experiences. It was a handheld for handheld video games.

It surpassed PS1 in terms of shovelware games, but yeah. Tremendous portable. I just wish it wasn't so tiny if you have bear hands like I do.

I actually liked the PSP for that. Both DS and PSP were complementary to each other.

Unironically the best dpad ever made on the history of videogames.

The shoulder buttons are right up there to as possibly the best also.

the wireless adapter has a very small list of supported titles

The dpad and shoulder buttons are the reason I prefer the fat over later models of the DS.

I let my nephew play my DS lite with Mario Kart in it, and ten minutes later he asked me how to go to the main menu to play a different game.

>multiplayer over IR
It's way too inconsistent for that.

The ds had too many good and obscure games.

Attached: Castlevania_-_Portrait_of_Ruin_-_(EU)_-_01.png (1200x1107, 2.2M)

then you killed the little shit right

Did anyone else find the olympic games for the ds to be far superior than to the console versions. The ones in the 3ds are utter trash imo.

Attached: images (4) (3).jpg (640x574, 122.6K)

Why did Nintendo abandon the GBA SP and fat DS style of D-pad? It was superior to anything that came after

Attached: ds.jpg (474x336, 21.68K)

>no gba link support was meh. I hope they at least tried.
It's fucking 2022, why is there no homebrew/patch/whatever for this yet? It's not an exactly obscure console, is there some hardware issue that is impossible to bypass?

It'd be enough for trading or battling pokeymans.

> is there some hardware issue that is impossible to bypass?
I thought that would be pretty obvious.

THink i broke 2 fat DS L buttons and 1 DS Lite playing Metroid Prime Hunters. Loved that game, surprised something like that came from Nintendo

I'm no hacking expert, but I've always wished for some kind of homebrew/hack that made the internal DS wireless spoof the original GBA Link cable/Wireless adapter connection.