Thoughts on Max Payne 3, aka the best third-person action game ever made?

Thoughts on Max Payne 3, aka the best third-person action game ever made?

Attached: 8086862.jpg (640x960, 626.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gmbp9mT2-7E
youtube.com/watch?v=2M_-NCQlzhA&ab_channel=AlexMercer38841
youtube.com/watch?v=xdkmI0cDgKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unskippable cutscenes can suck my dick

>weapon carry limit
It's shit.

This song here is a banger:
youtube.com/watch?v=Gmbp9mT2-7E

gameplay is alright but the cutscenes are obnoxious with stupid filters that give me a headache

Absolutely kino song and scene too. Can't think of any other dev except Rockstar with such a pitch-perfect taste in music.

YOU KILLED MY BOY
MY ONLY SON

Best 3rd person shooter ever made.
Worst Max Payne game in the series.

Both of these are true

>Max Payne 3 pretty much has perfect gunplay
>R* goes ahead and fucks it up for GTA V and RDR2
hate it so much

The only advantage the earlier MP games have is skippable cutscenes.
Everything else is better in MP3 - better gameplay, better visuals, better writing (especially dialogue), better level design, better music, etc
There's nothing in either of the first two games as viscerally satisfying and blood-pumping as the airport gun battle when the "TEARS" music starts playing, and this is a goddamn fact.
youtube.com/watch?v=2M_-NCQlzhA&ab_channel=AlexMercer38841

I understand why they don’t want to make a sequel, but I really hope they put out a spiritual successor at some point.

Yeah I have no clue what happened there. Or how the enemy reactions to being shot got worse from RDR1 to GTAV.

Yes, we agree that Max Payne 3 is the best 3rd person shooter ever made. It's still the worst Max Payne game. Worst writing by far. A part of what makes Remedy game's so good is Sam Lake. 3 was missing him and it shows.

A game with the same gunplay and aesthetic? Hell yes.
But please god no real sequel. Max Payne 3 ended absolutely PERFECTLY.

>Yes, we agree that Max Payne 3 is the best 3rd person shooter ever made. It's still the worst Max Payne game. Worst writing by far. A part of what makes Remedy game's so good is Sam Lake. 3 was missing him and it shows.
I just disagree that the other two are better. The writing is EXTREMELY cheesy and cliche, even if it was done "intentionally". MP3 felt like it took place in the real world with real human beings, the first two games are not believable in the slightest, and that detracts from how ultra-serious they take themselves.

What exactly is so different between playing Max and Michael? Yeah the jumping was cool but it wouldn't be good outside of tight corridors.

>The writing is EXTREMELY cheesy and cliche, even if it was done "intentionally"
I'm going to assume you're young and don't know what film noir is.

Attached: file.png (318x400, 69.65K)

>The writing is EXTREMELY cheesy and cliche
BAGHDAD WITH G-STRINGS

not a "max payne" game.

3's writing was like someone doing a parody of the first 2 game because he didn't like them but someone made him write it anyways

Attached: 1594441927402.gif (400x300, 3.31M)

>MP3 felt like it took place in the real world with real human beings
and that's the problem. MP3 is a generic crime thriller and the Remedy games are not. Rockstar writing is always competent but works best when its satire. MP3 feels like a grimdark game with nothing interesting to say, its just emulating the edgy HBO shows more or less. It's incredibly self serious and "adult" but the "adultness" of it is only appealing or at all impressive if all you consider and take in is the absolute surface layer of the game.
>the first two games are not believable in the slightest, and that detracts from how ultra-serious they take themselves.
I don't get this at all, how do you praise MP3 in one breath and the next claim that fucking Sam Lake's writing takes itself seriously? Have you even played the first 2 games man?

I know very well what it is, and in my opinion it's a less enjoyable style FOR A VIDEO GAME than Max Payne 3's.
Also, even if it's aping the noir style, it doesn't have any of the charm of the noir genre, it's way too fucking self-serious and grim and violent.

Film noir is known for its grim, bleak atmosphere with a heavy dose of existentialism (or 'self-seriousness'). You don't know what you're talking about.
The fact you haven't tried to defend Max Payne 3 for being Neo-Noir(which it is) proves it.

Attached: file.png (1118x1390, 2.23M)

all you need to know
youtube.com/watch?v=xdkmI0cDgKw

Attached: 1642574501796.jpg (1326x1989, 884.99K)