Russia as video game antagonist

Serious question. Now that Russia has proven itself to be an absolute embarrassment militarily, who is going to be the new big bad guy in shooters? It can’t be China because muh Chinese economic interests, and it can’t be North Korea because they’re even worse than Russia.

Who?

Attached: 2C53AA09-4614-423C-AD10-19CD23514C49.png (369x311, 9.46K)

You telling that like you forgot that nearest conflict usa had didn't end up embarrassing

America

Attached: enclave.jpg (1920x1080, 201.86K)

It's going to be Chin... no wait that's not allowed or else they will get banned from the mythical chinese market.
Probably some other spooks that they can claim are powerful with plausible deniability to brainless retards, like North Korea or Fictionland.

America. I want to play as Iraqi freedom fighters heroically defending their nation in 2003. It is said that one such man defeated 100 American soldiers using only a turban...They called him the Towelhead of the Tigris.

The invasion of Ukraine makes the American withdrawal from Afghanistan look like fucking clockwork.

>the withdrawal
How about the losing for 20 years and lying about progress the entire time? The country fell over night because it was all a facade. Thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars for nothing.

Not him but the country fell over night because there wasn't central power structure to fight. America didn't lose the war, they failed at the nation building and that shit was never going to work. Just look at iraq, same shit except there was an actual army to fight.

Britain ((South) England).
Brexit is seen as a diplomatically unfriendly move isolating the country none of the UK's friends wanted it to do, and now that it's proven to have zero fucking benefit, they're just rolling back random regulations that actually aren't that bad just for the sake of it. The British political landscape is in complete shambles, parties that aren't the leading party are stuck in a mudpit and every time they start to get on their feet they fall right back over, meaning that the party in power is able to be openly and hilariously corrupt and incapabable and they're still more popular.

London is already to go to setting when you want to make a dystopian story about an oppressive government because at this point it's a trope. Posh English people have been archetypal "bad guys" for ages because they come off as smug, making everyone else an underdog to them. Throw in some Northern/Scottish/Irish "resistance" characters and you're set.

Most people in the world despise the legacy of the British empire and nobody is seriously going to leap to the defence of the fucking British online no matter how warped their young mind has been by extremist propoganda.

The British sense of humour is so self depreciating that they are relatively hard to truly offend with a mere depiction in a story, they'll either find it funny or eye-roll inducing. Either way there won't be boycotts or government censorship.

>Country is still modern and capable
>Country is on a trend of isolating itself
>Shit leadership and politics
>Established tropes and archetypes as baddies
>Nobody gives a shit about its "honour" and many actively dislike the people
>People would find it funny in the end

>they didnt lose they just failed to achieve all objectives including destroying the main enemy
Also, google "Afghanistan papers". The government knew the war was "unwinnable" (their own terms) and lied to the public the entire time.

it seems like they're will get additional territory and possibly regime change, and their advance is continuing. did i miss something?

however, i am not watching US media so i don't know what the current propaganda line is

you missed that the ghost of kyiv went super saiyan 2.

The actual war was over within weeks. America spent 20 years trying to occupy and mold a country that both hated them and didn't want them to be there. They won but failed to hold the country like they wanted.

>The nuclear Armageddon in the back-story was between the US and China. After shipping several people asked me why China and not the old standby, the Soviet Union. I made the choice when I remembered experiences with Oleg, a Moscow developer I worked with months before when I was assistant-producing a typing game. Once, in the middle of a phone conversation, I heard some muffled bangs, and the phone went quiet. When I asked him what the noise was, he replied, “Oh, it was just the Russian mob firing their guns in the street.” I thought he was joking – he wasn’t. After that, I had a really hard time believing that the once mighty USSR would be in a position to threaten the world any time soon. So I turned to the next major communist country that typifies “the East”: China.
-Scott Campbell
The fallout developers saw it coming years ago.

Saudi Arabia.

Here's what's gonna happen.
Russia is going to win and the ukrainian insurgency is going to make the occupation hell for them.

>steamrolled the Iraqi army (twice) and the taliban
>occupied 2 countries for 20 years
>spent trillions of dollars and cycled over a million soldiers halfway across the world
>still no effect on the economy and the military
>meanwhile Russia can’t even push 50km into a neighboring country without their entire logistical apparatus falling apart, soldiers deserting en masse, and abandoning vehicles to Gypsies

BUT
WHAT
ABOUT
AMERICA
THO

>Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud buys your company
Now what?

>the war was the invasion only
lol. Ok, so what were the goals of the invasion? Lets see, deposing the Taliban and defeating them. And how did that go?

The Afghan war was nothing more than a racket for glowniggers to profit off of the drug trade and for the MIC to profit off of weapons contracts.

Attached: 9781626361058_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg (260x416, 18.1K)

>thinly veiled political thread
OP you can fuck right off.
>who is going to be the new big bad guy in shooters?
Israel. You know why.

Attached: 1646072967110.png (516x1599, 228.64K)

Post Putin monkes

>I didn't sell to Salman

Now what?

>so what were the goals of the invasion?
Go check out something called "The Project for a New American Century" or PNAC. A neocon think tank that pretty much laid out the roadmap of everything that happened post 9/11.

The legacy of the wars is an $800b military budget that buys planes that cant fly in the rain and decapitate their pilots on ejection. You can "muh ghost kyiv" all you want but the consequences of the 21st century "war on terror" are real and continuing

Hi, I read those guys books like 20 years ago because I was a self described NeoCon at age 12. Again, what was the goal of the Afghan invasion? You're dodging that deposing the Taliban was a main objective. It failed.

>"Oh hey user it's me Fatima, I was working with his most gracious royal highness of holiness may he be blessed by Allah inshallah, remember me? Anyway I heard you were in a nasty near miss car accident today! Sorry to hear about that, but at least it wasn't worse than it was. Now, have you reconsidered our offer?"

>the war was the invasion only
yes

Because that was just pretext user, and it was easy to rope everyone into it because muh twin towers.

Every fucking time. It's their favorite shill tactic.

And yet we can still afford to field 5th gen fighters, equip every single soldier with night vision and optics, and operate like 12 aircraft carriers worldwide. What can Russia do?

Resurgence of WW2 and sci-fi shooters like the early 2000s.

Attached: 1646270819164.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

Which they failed at objectively because the Taliban was never destroyed, Al qaeda was never destroyed, and the islamic emirate is restored

>Blatant whataboutism
Can you sovietfags come up with something more original?

Not one single person has refuted his point though

>completely obliterate your economy
>turn your country into a global pariah state like North Korea (except you don’t have China go back you up now)
>revive NATO by giving it a reason to exist when it was on the verge of dissolving
>embarrass yourself military and expose your country as a paper bear
But ya you got some territory I guess

uh, obviously the US military is superior but that's not what I'm saying. This idea that there were no economic (or other) consequences to the war(s) is just a flat out distortion of reality. We now waste a trillion dollars a year on a military that functions primarily to justify makework jobs at Raytheon etc to produce shit that doesnt even work right.

I'm impressed they were able to export it to American college students. Every time I see them praising communism it devolves from trying to prove that the conditions in the USSR were great to "your system is just as shitty!" trying to prove it with photos of empty shelves caused by covid lockdowns.

nobody is denying america fucked up in afghanistan. russia is currently fucking up, the two are unrelated, other than the wonderful irony of russia bitching about american fuckups nonstop for years and then fucking up so hard it makes vietnam look competent.

user I genuinely want to know who the next big bad guy is going to be.

Playing modern warfare or battlefield is almost comical now because of how pathetic Russia is compared to the US’s military capabilities.

Attached: F63C4CC4-8808-4658-BD58-8B88743A838C.png (1280x904, 1.25M)

>not china
MYSTERY ASIANS
KNEEL

Attached: empress.png (649x433, 730.83K)

Did you get all this from CNN? Why are leftists so obsessed with Russia right now?

Like Crimea? Georgia? Yeah right. Either food and gas prices worldwide go sky high followed by WW3, or sanctions get dialed down after some time, and status quota is achieved.

My point was that we can blow that much money on whatever bullshit we want and it doesn’t even make a dent. Meanwhile Russia is falling apart after like a week of invading their neighbors

Americans will always be the enemy

Attached: 1636201914385.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

This is bananas

>muh CNN
>muh leftist

Boo, get better material, Vladbot.

How much is the Ruble worth right now?

Attached: 1646271037358.jpg (303x335, 10.86K)

Greetings, vaush subreddit.

Attached: 1601355204615.jpg (581x429, 56.84K)

>nonstop for years
This is how people know you're a globohomo shill, no one cared about Russia or Ukraine two weeks ago.

>makes vietnam look competent
Lel, you're as ignorant of history as you are of politics

usually you call me a glowie or something, new script?

Attached: 1646271711160.gif (211x212, 1.61M)

Russia's problems have nothing to do with spending money on an invasion. It's also overblown because you're reading literal war propaganda. The full effects and consequences are not clear yet, and wont be for some time.

>subreddit
>implying

Update your botware, Vladbotnik.

you’re a retard.

Russia’s stock market is doing so poorly that they simply have refused to open. There is video evidence of russian soldiers deserting en masse, vehicles being abandoned (Ukrainians have salvaged more abandoned vehicles from Russia than they have lost in the war). The Russians can’t even give their soldiers modern equipment like optics or nightvision. They are a joke