What does Elden Ring's success mean for the future of vidya...

What does Elden Ring's success mean for the future of vidya? It's obvious big companies will look at it and think open world shit sell mad money now without trying to understand how ER did it right.

Attached: FM5a7ceaMAMk06P.jpg (1040x780, 325.45K)

I always liked the idea of elden ring and once it began gaining traction that deserved I realized how much Elden Ring can do for the gaming community and social movements that are yet to come, if you are a true ally buy Elden Ring, it's worth it ;)

>how ER did it right.
care to explain what it did right exactly, that countless open-world games haven't done already?

>Elden Ring popularized open world

?????????????????

It fills the world with unique, cool shit to get and fight, and doesnt tell you how to do it or where to get it.
It doesn't hold your hand like every other checkpoint simulator out there.

So Genshin Impact?

>
Genshin Impact literally tells you where everything is when you progress far enough

lol

So BotW?

So Horizon Forbidden West?

no diffuclity setting
no way points

I think you're giving it a bit too much credit for what are very basic systems
the world has things to fight and it has things to collect which will enable you to fight more and better, that's really the gist of it
it doesn't break new ground or evolve the formula, it's not implementing new ways of traversal or interactivity. Death Stranding and BotW actually make significant steps, flawed as they might be
if you think not having icons on the map is some sort of revolution, I'm not sure how to even sure what to tell you

Attached: 1626629392951.jpg (480x471, 14.47K)

Attached: g2.jpg (1920x1080, 420.58K)

>Take away the basic functions a game should have
>WOAH SO INNOVATIVE FROMSOFT IS THE GOAT
Fucking fromdrones, I swear.

The same thing the last several successful souls-likes did: more of the same. Where have you been for the last decade?

Is it possible to screw up a Souls game? From could put out a literal turd and it would still sell millions

in retrospect was demon's souls an open world-like 3d action metroidvania

>I'm not sure how to even sure what to tell you
time for me to go to bed

Today I will remind them

Attached: 178555-ninja-blade-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1147, 290.48K)

These zoomer shitstains were still in their diapers when that came out.

nothing, it's a dark souls game with an open world

and that's fucking fine and there doesn't need to be a deeper reason, it doesn't need to push the medium forward, it doesn't need to be anything that it isn't, and i hope everybody that wants it to be deeper than it is fucking kills themselves for being a hipster that assigns importance to mundane things to validate their own tastes

>it doesn't need to push the medium forward

Attached: fd6.jpg (1000x1426, 302.66K)

Horizon has constant markers and arrows telling you where to go at all times