Ripped Unity assets

>Ripped Unity assets
>Game boils down to a random number generator for each mission
>Plenty of bugs
>Is janky as all hell with no polish
>Ugly
>Is still really fun

What went so right?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 36.22K)

Great use of atmosphere. Even for those who aren't easily scared, it's great fun to watch your friends scream and argue over who's going back in the house.
Plus it's one of the few really good VR games.

one of few games you can actually play together with girls (female). that alone makes it worth it.

Cool concept and a stable multiplayer, nothing more.

At least the guy actually hired some more staff. A lot of these jank indie game devs don't even go that far after some success.
And yeah, despite its flaws, me and 2-3 other RL friends get drunk and play it every weekend. It still hasn't gotten old.
I wish Nu-Highschool wasn't so shit though. It's basically as bad as Asylum now after all of the ghost changes.

Could not agree more. For as janky as the game can be, the dev really nailed the atmosphere of each location.
>it's great fun to watch your friends scream and argue over who's going back in the house.
Kek, that's also true. Sometimes one of my friends gets too scared to go in, do spirit box, etc, so we make her run van logistics. It's nice to have an early warning for hunts, but a fourth person on-site is really a boon at times.

This game becomes 1000x more fun if you LARP that you're on a nature hunt of some kind

>And yeah, despite its flaws, me and 2-3 other RL friends get drunk and play it every weekend. It still hasn't gotten old.
Fuck yeah buddy. I've put hundreds of hours into this game and it's still not old either. It's fun to get stoned and play this game because you get wayyyyy more absorbed into it.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
I know, I know. But it's really fun.

I've started running the Van specifically because I'm dying so often that I have no fucking money.
I used to be the only person in the group who hadn't died for MONTHS despite spending some of the most time in the house (and the ghost room). Now after the last two big updates, I get screwed the most by ghost spawns. Fuck Raijus.

I’m just gonna say it: this game unironically has soul and charm out the ass. That’s why I can forgive how shitty it looks and feels, because it’s actually charming and fun.

>Raijus

Meanest ghost I ever had wasn’t a demon but was some chaotically pissed off Raiju. We’re talking chain hunting, destroying its own room, and killing all four of us EXPERIENCED hunters

Though I admit it is fun to have cool hunt stories to tell other people. We’ve all got those soulful hunts that any veteran hunter would probably understand

It had a really, really good concept no one had ever done before and happened to be a fantastic premise for a co-op game. The execution is meh, but the concept is so good it doesn't matter.

The game has a unique atmosphere especially solo. Asylum still gives me the creeps any time i play especially the basement and its stairs.

There's nothing better than walking into a ghosts house and shit talking them to make them seethe.
Best spirit so far was a Yurei. We were in the farm house in the kitchen and I asked her if I could have the beer on the counter she appeared screeched at me then threw the beer can me

Meanest ghost I had was one on one of the farmhouse maps. Event started with the ghost at the opposite side of the kitchen, then it did some zooming PT-type shit at me and a friend that I had never seen, disappeared right in front of us, immediately played a note on the piano just to the left of where it vanished, then threw a beer can, followed by starting the hunt.
This was all in the span of like 8 seconds.

>first start playing
>ghost would just sometimes manifest and stand in the corner of a room
>now all it does is fake a hunt or just hunt
Why?

Attached: 15998388824761.jpg (764x1024, 62.14K)

It still manifests for me here and there, but I think the general events have been more evenly divided with manifestations being more rare without use of the cursed items.

are you french?

I love this game and I don’t care how shitty it is. Best $14.00 I’ve ever spent

>I've started running the Van specifically because I'm dying so often that I have no fucking money.
YOU TOO!? Was there like a fucking period in this game where it became almost impossible? I had like $2k and I lost ALL OF IT. I kind of like starting from broke though

Farmhouses are so fucking cursed. I had a Bleadesdale where the Ouija Board spawned outside for whatever reason. We brought it inside, used it, and got promptly merked by a glitched out Demon. Demons are no fucking joke, dude, and I say this as someone with a lot of time spent in this game

Attached: 1447033823556.jpg (1000x1166, 432.68K)

>Being the last one alive trying to get out of the Asylum while the ghost chain hunts
Name a worse feel

Attached: 1390005634177.jpg (456x628, 605.78K)

Fuck people who speed run hunts. I don't care if I'm doing things wrong. I just want to immerse myself

>Playing with friends
>We're still newish
>Ghost on the hunt
>Hide in closet
>Friend hides in closet next to me
>Hear him yell loudly then silence
>Burst out laughing
this game is fun

this game is ruined when you have some faggot friend who starts meta gaming and taking it serious

The very first tutorial mission I did was too scared to keep going back into the house.... does it get less scary?