Is he right Any Forums?

Is he right Any Forums?

Attached: 1636852745682.jpg (1125x1026, 232.23K)

no, he's a nigger

No and it's a shame because he's usually pretty cool.

Is she right?

Attached: 1635989397646.png (959x1400, 319.29K)

>"Sometimes I really like a movie's characters, but wish I could take different actions or fight their battles myself, as if I was controlling them. Movies should have a "game mode" where you can experience the story through gameplay"

Oh wait, I'm not a dumbass and will just play a game instead

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (680x680, 303.64K)

Only for grindy/repetitive JRPGs. You can't tell me that there's anything fun or engaging about Tartarus in Persona 3

Read a fucking book or watch a movie if you want a story faggot

Yes

I would say Haven is one game that I would appreciate not being a game, but its characters arent very engaging in the first place

you can literally do this without having to even buy the game, it's called Youtube.

Yeah, i wouldn't call it Netflix mode though thats pretty gay. Like it or not video games as a medium is shifting towards interactive story telling and has been for a while now. People like stories and want to be a part of them they (myself included) get bored when it's just about gameplay.

Passage below the red mark explains this perfectly. Games are trying their hardest to become mediocre movies instead of games because people who play games for the story are cognitively impaired.

Attached: 7AC698A4-6A0F-4AE4-85CD-B7154447BECC.jpg (750x816, 577.81K)

This isn't even the same logic. The picture implies he still wants gameplay just not to play repetitive shit. JRPGs have even acknowledged these issues by either moving away from random encounters to providing an ability to skip fights. Personally I find it annoying but don't think it's a needed feature I would just skip out on the game.

>modern "gamers" view GAMEplay as an obstacle in a videoGAME

There are people who genuinely enjoy video games characters and stories????

>what are cutscene movies
literally free and for most games????
this is how i watched halo 5 cuz fuck touching the gameplay

Attached: 1642420390239.jpg (1920x1440, 482.92K)

Can he just watch lets plays without wanting devs to waste development resources? I don’t have a problem with casual easy games and I still hate seeing difficulty options, feels like it always cheapens the game. Just play the shit that fits you

I never understand why people say this shit. You can always watch a playthrough on youtube

>I still hate seeing difficulty options
>
>Just play the shit that fits you

Just watch it on Youtube, unless it's super obscure somebody will have posted a longplay showing you the whole game

>I never understand why people say this shit. You can always watch a playthrough on youtube
But then Mr onionsoyboy has no reason to spend money on the heckin new thingarino!

Just watch a lets play.

It's called watching a no commentary playthrough on youtube.

No.
He should watch Netflix then and fuck off.

Yes, and I'm tired of pretending he isn't. If I could get back the ~5 or so hours I've probably spent looking around cliffs in Elden Ring only to find fucking NOTHING and remove the cookie cutter hole in the wall dungeons I'd do it in a heartbeat. Fuck open worlds, fuck crafting, fuck grinding, fuck it all

No that's fucking retarded, the game should simply be less dragged out / repetitive if that's an actual issue with the gameplay.