COMFY ELDEN RING THREAD

Gentlemen, it is a pleasure to host you once more.

Share your personal achievements, impressions, questions, guidance. Anything is welcome. Let us hide in this quiet corner of the board.

Attached: WAR MACHINE.jpg (3840x2160, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUHkQ9vP_lA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

game is boring as hell.
Sekiro>Bloodborne>Dark Souls 1>Dark Souls 3>Demon's Souls>>>>>>>>>Dark Souls 2>Elden Ring

wowie zowie another elden ringie rooie threadie wedie wowie zowie zoom zoom zoomie wowie zowie boom boom

sex with ranni

I never liked the idea of elden ring and when it began gaining traction I realized what piece of anti-white garbage propaganda it truly was going to be.

>want to wear +int hat
>they all look like Burger King costumes
FUCK

You wore the father mask
You WILL put on the BK cosplay

DEX is straight up just better than STR if you are playing INT/FAITH at all

- It increases cast speed
- Physical damage weapons scale just as good with DEX

Why STR so shit in this game? It offers nothing over DEX and you get zero cast speed bonus.

t. Twinblade equal DEX/FTH stats

Attached: 2022-03-04-113415_1920x1080_scrot.jpg (1920x1080, 625.69K)

where do I get a holy weapon/arts. skeletons are kicking my ass

They need to buff poise on the STR weapons to give them more of a niche

I like the cone hat

Attached: 1245620_20220301164157_1.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

I risked it.

Fucking cunt ass dungeon and a bossfight that's literally bugged

Attached: mpc-be64_g9SaxVAmbs.webm (1300x730, 1.69M)

I played with Golden Halberd +5 for the first half of the game and I hated my life.
Now I'm afraid of not being able to find sombers to find a replacement weapon if I respec.

fucking yikes

Attached: mpc-be64_DgR4YHjbuO.webm (1138x640, 1.63M)

I've never played a game where stats really mattered beyond minmax shenanigans, but I feel like they matter now. Pumped FP to summon shit and do some ashes, pumped a few stats to wield some interesting weapons, but other than that bros I have no clue. Thinking of leveling Faith to wield the dual blades you find after killing the Roundtable invader but I'm worried about wasted time/broken characters. Have not done story yet. What should I do?

Attached: samurstats.jpg (1920x1080, 202.18K)

Where is Patches supposed to be in volcano manor, I can't find him.

*spams*

Attached: crys.jpg (200x312, 6.95K)

Highroad cave was pretty cool. It's different than the caves I've seen so far. I am a bit overleved coming across it but for those who started off north east and went under the bridge this would be a different experience.

Also got teleported to Bestial Sanctum. The small dudes here give 1.1k souls a pop and they are pretty easy to take down. I'm sure some of you are farming this area.

Literally near the front door, he wasn't there the first time I went there but he was afterwards, got invited there instead of walking if that makes any difference

Generally you level stats to meet minimum requirements then pump the one that scales the best. Also want to hit 40-50 vigor by the endgame

what does interacting with summoner pools (those statues) do and what does the minimap convey when you switch to "multiplayer" mode?

Sacred Blade is on a scarab north of the third church of marika, and if you kill the mariner in summonwater D will sell Order's Blade in roundtable (needs 13 int)
Just having holy damage won't stop skeletons from reviving, you need a holy enchantment on your weapon
That said you can stop them from reviving without holy by just whacking them while their torso is glowing

You can buy sombers from the vendor. Just grab the bell from FallingStar Beast.

Should i upgrade the uchi or nagakiba for my dex build?

Greatshield duel hand isOP for STR builds. Shield def is 100, knockback and poise are near unbreakable with shieldwall art, and you can still shield counter a raw STR punch. I never deplete my stamina and feel like a brick wall. Guess who wasnt guardbroke by margit?

Which has the most fun spells (not necessarily strongest), INT or Faith?

There's an exploit in that area with a boulder that nets you 4k runes every minute
Wonder how long it'll be until they patch it

nothing personnel kid

Attached: file.png (597x311, 152.23K)

doesn't help that the golden halberd fucking sucks

I plan on starting this game blind, wihtout any guides, to use the fact that its a new game world. But, are there any things that can softlock you or break your character in the early stages? I don't want to know everything, just if there are some things I should consider at the start.

Realism test NOT PASSED

Attached: eldenring_2022_03_04_18_56_14_111.jpg (1920x1080, 618.39K)

I kept porting to the inside grace and kept missing him, ty

I found the Uchigatana in the most random cave or catacombs.

lmao this was the only boss I had 0 issue beating

mostly cause I had a big ass hammer

any word on when the ray-tracing update is coming?

BEHOLD LATENNA THE ALBINAURIC
SLAYER OF THE MAGMA "FUCK OFF" WYRM
Can your summon solo a boss?

Attached: 1630200294080.jpg (2560x1440, 841.76K)

Ice axe is the single most broken weapon in the game. It almost seems bugged. Completely ignores all physical defense and a single L2 has one shot every pvp encounter and does insane boss damage.

Attached: icerind_hatchet_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 12.76K)

Tracing is bad, you should tell Ray not to do it.

>rolling in muck makes it stick to your armor causing poison/rot to continue building up for a while after you get out of it
Didn't even realize this was a thing until I did the abandoned and seethewater caves

Attached: 1642192580742.jpg (512x287, 22.21K)

Faith has more variety imo. INT has some cool things like the Kamehameha, but a lot of spells are the same blue energy. Faith has pyromancy, lightning, darkness, phantom dragon attacks if you also invest into Arcane a little, and some neat Frenzy Flame shit like eye lasers.

I still don't quite get the chronology of this game's backstory. Why did Marika wait and marry Godfrey after the night of black knives? Why did she delay her freakout and shattering of the Elden Ring? She was apparently still mad about Godwyn's murder the whole time.

Anyone know what are the summoning restrictions? Or if their are any? Like in Dark Souls where you can only summon others within 10 levels from you or something?

but i need him to, only 50% of my GPU is being used

INT is stronger but FTH is more fun

>personal achievements
idk, i just finished radahn, that was kind of a fun fight. its interesting as i progress in the game to see how few people have the achievements for doing certain things on steam. apparently less than 10% of players are even trying.

>impressions
its great. its often pretty but overall i think the lore/armor design/world are actually the least interesting of any previous From game. like if they made a game with the size and scope of Elden Ring but with the Bloodborne aesthetic, god damn that would be nuts.

>questions
anybody who has used this games moonlight greatsword - is it good? ive been doing the quest to get it for a while now.

Without a password, yes. But if you use a Multiplayer (not group) Password you can summon independent of gear or level. It will scale players down but not up.
I was playing with a buddy who was in the 90's yesterday while I'm in the 50s.

Sekiro and Bloodborne are the worst though. Your list is completely backwards.

Especially Bloodborne. Is there anything to find in this game? There’s like, 6 total NPCs…

clean yourself off with the soap they give you, stinky nerd.

number of NPCs = better game?

is world of warcraft the best game ever, then?

What the fuck is his problem?

When you use a statue you can summon and be summoned via effigy for the area as long as you're on that continent
I usually get summoned for the Legend or the erdtree avatar for each continent

In a from game yeah I love what NPCs add to the world. It gives something to find, to care about, some side quests etc.
The best part of any From game to me was Solaire in DS1. Finding him again late game.. shit was insane.
In Bb all you have is people behind doors which is great atmosphere but doesn’t add to the gameplay or anything.

forgot pic

Attached: dung sneeder.png (300x169, 107.02K)

what'r some good ash of war for Heavy? ive been using ground slam but i feel it's mediocre

The +3 minus HP one is worth it. You lose like 2.3-2.5 levels of vig for 3 int
The minus stamina one is not, -5 levels worth of stam for 3 int. The +6 int one is also not worth it, 5 levels of stam and 2.5 levels of vig for 6 int.

Only worth it if you weren't going to level vigor ever, and in my case stam is still at 10 base so I am not willing to lose any of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QUHkQ9vP_lA

Attached: 1640271000479.jpg (600x600, 52.61K)

Yup. Best part is you can get the art later and put it on other weapons too

>fighting death rite bird, dodging everything so far he has 25% hp left
>grabs me a instakills me
40 vigor btw

>walk into Morgott fight
>sip magic buff/free FP mix
>shoot three Dark Moons with Regal Carian Staff
>half his health gone before I even pull out my Dark Moon Greatsword
Feels good to be a high INT moon chad

Attached: 1480166505254.png (500x500, 253.35K)

>First Step tells you where to go next if you are lost, the “Rose Church”
>All thats there is an item to be summoned that I already had 8x of

What the fuck was that misdirect?

That is why he is called the deathbird

So how’s the enemy variety? Is it better or worse than DaS3/BB?

NOOOOO YOU'RE NOT PLAYING RIGHT YOU HAVE TO ROLL HIT ROLL HIT YOU'RE NOT LEARNING OR GROWING STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT AIYEEEEEEEEE

He wishes he was born a mutated freak

>In Bb all you have is people behind doors
thats not true.
>arianna
>annalise
>eileen
>old woman
>dweller
>patches
>djura
>adella
>alfred
>valtr

i exluded some more inconsequential NPCs and any window NPCs.

Just reached the capital and making my way towards the next big bad legacy boss, and fuck me is going through the capital a bitch when even with 25VIG i get two shot by any non shit mob

Attached: 1436519416914.gif (320x240, 1.6M)

I know there's another zone after Morgott but do I need to have anything absolutely finished before I kill him?

FTH or I guess caster bros in general how much do you put into your vigor and mind in comparison to your casting stat? I'm trying to avoid an issue I had in DS3 where I didn't invest enough into either stat that by late game I kept getting one-shot and constantly finishing bosses with at most 1 or no estus flasks remaining

I'm a dumbass who just figured out that the +N by the damage is the stat scaling and not crit bonus. I've been runnin around with the wrong damn weapons the whole time because of it.

STOP TELEPORTING YOU RANCID WHORE

How many bosses have you beaten?

Attached: elden bosses beaten.png (2300x3300, 949.78K)

I apparently got super over leveled. Level 92 and I've only killed 3 main story bosses.

Maybe yeah. I admittedly rushed through a little bit and probably missed people.
In any case, maybe its just because I played all the From games after another. But I loved all the DS games, but by the time I got to BB it felt kind of redundant.
Funnily enough ER feels fresh and super fun to me.

This sewer level is one of the best I've ever seen. Loved every second of it especially because I was a bit under leveled for it so I had to go unnoticed as much as I could.

By the way are the blood red dogs bugged? I have 30 vigor + radagon seal and heavy armor but they bleed and oneshot me in one bite. Even through a greatshield sometimes.

Attached: 1645596298374.jpg (1280x720, 86.42K)