Comfy Elden Ring Thread - God gives his toughest battles to his strongest warriors

>Ranged enemies target onto you without a clear line of sight and continue to spam projectiles into walls and obstacles. How do we teach Japanese programmers proper vector calculations? This weakness becomes apparent when you have a clear line of sight on an enemy yourself and your ranged bow or spell attack goes into the ground instead of hitting the target.

Attached: Powered by Bing .jpg (1280x720, 195.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyMl7egJuvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how to deal with Fia's Champions? I specifically play offline to not deal with human enemies and then they throw 5 of them my way anyway

it doesnt help that any ranged enemy more powerful than a basic shitty trash soldier crossbowman has either homing ranged attacks or worse - aimbot ranged attacks

HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT STUDY HALL
FUCKING BULLSHIT MAGIC ARROWS

NOT AGAIN AHHHHHHHHH YAMEROOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1633038117860.jpg (1920x1080, 449.14K)

Finally beat godrick by being a pussy, jelly poisoning him and running away for a couple minute . I couldn't do it normal.

Cipher pata is also fuckign trash I don't know why I hammered 30 faith from the start , I have no idea how to transition now without feeling gimped for a while lol

Rykard's Great Rune is a fucking scam. It says 'restores HP upon attacking enemies'.
It does not restore jackshit upon attacking enemies, it only restores when killing enemies.

I have a big question.

So I've MOSTLY figured out the reason (or at least have a good enough picture for it, regardless of whether it's the right one or not) for the Elden Ring, Greater Will and all other sorts of things existing it's aliens. What I still don't know is what the hell is the scarlet rot and how did Malenia apparently come to be born with it?

If I gave Rennala the Larval Tear, can I still opt out of it?

Since the executioner sword is bugged (and also scales largely with arc), what weapon should I go with?
>Treespear
>Great Stars
>Sword of Night and Flame (not sure if dropping 24 int to be able to use it is too much to make it worth while)
>Something else
I'm planning on doing mostly str/fai but I'm also not planning on doing pvp at all so I dont really care about being super optimal or stopping at a certain level.

Attached: grafixcat.jpg (268x265, 76.1K)

Yes the Larval Tear is not taken until you confirm the respec.

This is gonna be fucking nuts

Attached: stonebarb.png (666x364, 356.95K)

I finished Millicent's quest but i have no fucking idea what this needle i got does.

I have no idea what I'm doing, I wanted to get to this this large looking tree and it's in the middle of a large forest with gigantic bears
I tried 5 times against one but got raped each time
But it's fun so far

How do you actually break Crystalian armor? I've not had big trouble in the boss fights so far but I need to figure it out properly because hosts in co-op keep dying
Is it just a stancebreak? Or simply amount of damage done?

stance break, so if you're able to equip a bit weapon like a greathammer just jump attack them a few times and they'll break quickly

I hate the capital. So much ganking and enemies that insta kill me.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL SMITHING STONES 7 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK STOP GIVING ME 8 I NEED 7

I was almost sure since I tried spamming pebbles once and it did fuck-all
Thanks user

anyone figured out what the best weapon for a level 1 character is?

There's a physick flask component that clears all negative status effects from the altus plateau erdtree boss

Were dragons designed to be fought with the mount? I'm sure you can kill them on foot but their wide area breath attacks are a fuck you instakill and you don't have time to run or dodge if you're not on horse.

You'll wanna use a strike weapon and go for a stance break. Just spam jumping attacks, should do the trick.

yeah the dragons were definitely made with horse combat in mind

>you can't kill npcs because... you just can't, okay?!
I hope Miyazaki gets ass cancer.

I fought the decaying dragon on foot for fun and to learn his attacks
He has an attack that fills the whole arena with rot breath so you definitely need the horse to get away from that if nothing else

>Were dragons designed to be fought with the mount?
Yeah. I'm sure it can be done on foot but they're clearly designed around fighting on horseback.

I'll just keep spamming the Moonveil WA

>trying to beat the game fatrolling with basic longsword and shield
this is masochism

Attached: 1598524060531.png (827x1300, 185.28K)

fuck that place and fuck those shrimptipede spear assholes in the crystal mines
I can handle them fine out in the open but their homing cock barbs turning around every wall between me and them to shoot directly into my asshole is such horseshit. The fucking spazzy fast boss at the end of the mines with no statue checkpoint is just grinding salt into my cunt on top of all that.

Attached: 96549593_p0.jpg (1600x1200, 287.57K)

the real bullshit is that all projectiles are heat seeking missiles, including bitch basic bow&arrow

I fight them on foot and use the horse to run from the fire attacks

The full desciption in the text says killing enemies and technically you have to attack them to kill them

Anyone know if there is one of those "low level teleport send you to end game" portals that could help reaching Marika's Soreseal location?
The Scarseal one was easy-ish (Radahn on the way tho), but I'm not sure for the Soreseal version.

Attached: marika's_soreseal_talismans_elden_ring_wiki_200px.png (200x200, 11.72K)

firebreathing ones yeah, you can avoid the flames and dive by running sideways.
the one that don't shit out fire are faster to kill on foot because their head takes like 2x damage

>get summoned to fight boss
>Connection error mid-way while carrying the fag
I give up
Fuck you FromSoftpenises, I'm on a 1GB connection in Japan, what more do you want from me?

Attached: 1646225988157.jpg (1239x1929, 1.69M)

So is there anyway to get Redmane back from festival mode? I really want to clear the dungeon.

Where is it, I know I picked it up but I can't remember where

Okay, so, I've progressed the blind girl's questline up to the point where she asks for fingerprint grapes, and Vyke STILL won't invade. I guess my game is bugged, or there are some other hidden prerequisites or something.

Attached: 1624648468374.jpg (1920x1200, 453.21K)

Your faith will be useful for other faith weapons like the Golden Halberd

>An enemy notices me then start to run away
>You know what, I'll let you live
>Before moving away I notice that's he's caring a chest
>Kill him
>He drops a Golden Rune(10)
I'm I the bad guy???

Attached: 1642297573753.png (373x783, 145.69K)

>that cemetary shade with a bunch of skellies in the black knife catacombs
holy fuck. i mean he died in like 3 hits but not getting absolutely swarmed, bound and boned in every orifice 3 seconds after entering the room was pretty bullshit.

I went there and got his spear without progressing her questline at all, dunno what's up with you

You killed that man for his life savings, you monster.

It's viable if you switch to greatshield with barricade

Can anyone post stats for the greatshield the redmane knights are carrying. Don't know if I should bother farming for it.

Where is the blind girl again? I met her once but completely forgot about her

Went through it since I had a bit of faith already and use the rot cleanse. Tried putting on all sort of immunity gear, talisman and items but you still get blood cancer within 10 sec. No idea how else you would do this unless there is some straight up immunity or damage reduction. The spooky star skeleton was pretty cool tho.

Always check your corners, kids

Attached: eldenring_invader_sneakkill_clip_short_highres.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>in japan
post view now

>accidentally killed Gowry
Uhh how fucked am I?

Entrance of Liurna then she continues down the eastern road as you give her grapes

I feel like I accidentally skipped that fight by casting one of those damaging mist spells. Everything just ran into it and died instantly, even the boss. I didn't even move away from the fog door.

Same but somber
I could take my staff all the way up to +9 lel

how do you like the MLGS? I got it yesterday and was kind of disappointed by the moveset. The R2s all seem completely useless and the buff activation is so slow and interruptible.

She starts at the first bonfire after Stormveil, them moves to some ruins around lower Liurnia and ends up at the Bellum church. You need to give her grapes like three times, I think.

What's the qrd on Starlight Shards? I've picked up two of them and they get sorted in the inventory with the most important consumables- do they get regenerated when you touch Grace or are they one-time use?

DMG scaling doesn't matter that much in the beginning. Most weapons have pretty bad scaling unless you level them really high and you can respect when you kill the academy boss

why the fuck is my damage so low? i 2hand the katana and do like 100 damage per light attack

Attached: 1619991289476.png (1744x793, 1.16M)

Sellia has a talisman that gives you huge magic resistance behind one of the blue barriers. Light the flames in the towers on the rooftops to make them dissipate.

one time use and there's a shop they are a currency for some spells

Split damage?

Well, it's the standard GS moveset, it's pretty weak in both PvP and PvE. But that's not why you use the MLGS for. I like how individual projectiles don't cost FP now, just the buff. Frost is also very nice to have.

What is the weapon upgrade retard? Your stats are worthless if you're using a base weapon with D scaling.

For commander Niall, if you leave one of his adds alive you can get him down to about half his health without him spazzing out. Ordina puzzle is fucked

Show the katana

>doing Rennala co-op
comfy bros
instant queues
fun fight
super fast
easy so I don't embarrass myself or be useless to the host if I fuck up
10k runes
rune arc
Oh god.. oh god I'm GONNA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

STR Chads... There is still hope...

Attached: eldenring_2022_03_04_17_08_13_457.jpg (1920x1080, 418.26K)

I'm not having fun bros, the whole game feels like it starts on NG+++

Here:youtube.com/watch?v=kyMl7egJuvM
My problem is getting in that general area without having to do 3/4 of the game.

Fuck, well the pope turtle forgive me?

Uhhhhhhhhh, I think I fucked up. I killed that serpent god before doing the last kill letter for the woman in volcano manor because I don't know how to reach the location and now she says she's leaving. Where the fuck is that clouded region? Is it even on ground level? Or is it some stupid underground zone?

Attached: help.png (1915x1043, 3.95M)

Attached: 1617010586952.png (1133x886, 897.14K)

>oath of shit all over my screen miyazaki

Why does the game have so many build variation and spells when they design the entire game around being light weight and have a fast 1 hander?
If you use spells or something you HAVE to cheese bosses to kill them because it is not possible otherwise.

I think that's the crumbling temple in the skies. I don't know how to get there yet, I was only visiting once.

No!
full knight armour, standard longsword and heater shield and 2 handed halberd for a secondary is all i'm going with!

Upgrade it further. It should be at +15 or more by now

the only issue i had helping others was that they died

Oh lol then probably no, I doubt you're going to find a teleporter to the secret area