PS5 Slim will have Cell Processor and Emotion Engine on the motherboard

Current PS5 rumors point to Sony unveiling the PS5 this summer for release this fall. But the big revelation will be that the new console will play games from every generation of PlayStation from PS1-PS5. It will do this by having access to the Cell Processor and Emotion Engine on the PS5 motherboard because...

1.The costs have since gone down since launch and will likely use a 5NM chip as it's main APU.
2.They WILL splinter the userbase by fucking off early adopters who wouldn't have access to this proposed tech as Fumio Kishida is trying very hard to make Sony Japanese again.
3.Sony Japan =/= Sony America, Sony Japan does care about ability to play old games natively unlike their American branch.
4.90% of people will use it, Sony must compete against the growing FPGA market.

Probability of happening = 11/10 as Emily Rogers, Nate Drake, Spawn Wave and MVG have all reported on it too.

youtube.com/watch?v=rY4Kxbsxy2I

Attached: 1646365277408.png (1015x343, 597.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

0% chance that happens

source: my ass

Sony would literally never do something that retarded. Yes I know how funny that sounds after nearly every design decision they made with the PS3, but seriously this will never ever happen.

No, 110%, these are trusted guys.
Nope.
Yes it will, Emily Rogers said so herself.

>herself
LOL. Every one of these tranny leaker attentionwhores have been wrong countless times. There is absolutely no way in hell this utterly retarded rumor is true.

Looks like the Cell Processor is only for BC not for making or porting new games.

Emily Rogers is cis-gendered and even got knocked up and is now a mom, you're thinking of Laura Katre Dale who killed herself a few years ago.

>Emily Rogers is cis-gendered and even got knocked up and is now a mom
By me. And she looks like Frankie from that Imaginary friends cartoon.

Cell processors stopped being manufactured years ago. Sony would never in a million years go through the R&D required to start production on them again just for backwards compatibility.

>Sony unveiling the PS5 this summer for release this fall.
Finally. It's been 9 years since PS4

Why would I want my gaming console to feel emotions?

>Emily Rogers, Nate Drake, Spawn Wave and MVG have all reported on it too.
give a source and timestamp to the exact point they said this

Nate Drake is a character from the Uncharted franchise

The PS2 doesn't need a hardware based emulation when software is at a good enough point. Sony can realistically take the PS4 emulator of PS2 games and brute strength it for universal game support. The PS3 can be emulated by PC today and Sony would have a higher success rate. The PS3 isn't exactly a mythical box, you don't need CELL to make it BC. PS3 needs to be emulated by Sony officially.

Can't wait for Niggel to tweet about this!!!!!

Attached: Niggel thread.jpg (679x604, 50.34K)

nate drake is the username of this retardera switch "insider". i don't know of him getting anything related to PS right yet and spawn wave and mvg aren't insiders and they've said before they're not insiders.

In this market with this chip shortage you thinking they are going to spin up fab for the fucking cell? Esp when software emulation for it exists for it? Your fucking high

They're still making them for those PS Now servers for streaming PS3 games to PS4/5.
PS5 Slim.
Yes, they are insiders, watch the video.

Whatever Fumio Kishida wants Fumio Kishida gets, he's trying to make Sony Japanese again.

Where is this downright insane cope coming from exactly?

give me an exact timestamp where they say they're insiders and where they mention any of this

I'm not saying ps3 bc ant coming but it's gonna be software BC like how Xbox did it. They ant putting a cell in any console ever again

I'm saying without a shadow of a doubt there will never be PS3 backwards compatibility. Why would they ever do that when they can charge people for remasters?

>source: YouTube
Hahahahhah Snoys are desperate

Fumio Kishida is making sure that it does happen.
Sony will be Japanese again.

Software emulation is honestly dog shit. If Sony lets me buy PS2 era games again and play them flawlessly I will go out and buy a PS5 on the spot.

At this point, I would take remasters of every single game I played as a child over backwards compatability. I am paying full price for new games on ebay and they are busted to shit quality and require tons of shit to run on modern displays

I think Sony will do it because they need the good pr

The only way to get good PR at this point is to get rid of their censorship policies.

You're a complete retard.
The lithography processes they used for both of those processors no longer exist or they're so heavily changed, you can't make the same chips on them anymore. Redesigning the chips to be made today would cost them tens of millions of dollars if not more. Money that would be far more wisely spent on emulation of those chips. It would reduce parts cost, reduce complexity of the device and cooling, make it more compact and just in general save money in the future because they now have emulators they can use on any subsequent x86 system they make instead of having to redesign their old as shit chips forever to be made on new manufacturing processes.