Elden Ring sold 2.5 x more than Horizon Forbidden West

The era of Snoy's big budget formulaic Commiefornia movie games are over. When normies are jumping ship to more fulfilling meatier games, you know they're done.

Good graphics don't matter if it's just formulaic gameplay.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 160.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/gaming/elden-ring-sales-uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

digitaltrends.com/gaming/elden-ring-sales-uk/

"According to data given to the outlet by game sales data, or GSD, Elden Ring‘s launch in the U.K. was larger than Call of Duty: Vanguard’s and Horizon Forbidden West‘s, the latter of which was outsold by Elden Ring more than 2.5 times. The FromSoftware game’s launch was the biggest for a title outside of the Call of Duty or FIFA franchises since 2018’s Red Dead Redemption 2."

I did math. PS4/ ps5 contributed 41% sale of elden ring. If only looking at PS4/5, the sale number are roughly equal.

The first game didn't even sell amazingly during its launch either. It just looks that way now because Sony bundled and discounted the fuck out of it and gave it away for free for like a week.

Is GG still pretending people give a shit about this freak of nature with Ashley Burch personality?

Attached: Aloy.jpg (3840x2160, 2.79M)

I was interested in Horizon if they actually improved it from the first game but apparently they didn't really so I skipped it. AssCreed games being similar because it's a yearly franchise is understandable, but Horizon being more of the same when the game was in development for 4 or 5 years is just stupid.

Will sales for Elden Ring convince Playstation to return to based Jap games

I honest to god don't know anyone who gives a fuck about horizon zero dawn 1 or 2

I hope no I want them to die since I'm a kid

It will convince the entire industry to make nothing but botw style games :))

Because it wasnt already doing that?
Bitch please

How so?
ER isn't like BotW. It's more like the recent Assassins Creed games.

gg won

Wait.... assassins creed games are good?

It's hard to make an open world game that actually has quality content though.

Just like it's hard for any competitor to make a decent Souls clone. You can copy the formula but you cannot easily copy the substance.

No they're bad.

That's a good thing isn't it? Who the fuck actually likes the Far Cry 3 with bows no wait FC3 also had bows so whatever now with trannies and and we made the protagonist even more ugly.

But elden ring is a movie game compared to sekiro

Good graphics don't mean shit of the protagonist looks like nickokado avocado

Elden Ring is nothing like that piece of shit tech demo.

>41%

OH NO NO NO NO NO

You were close to saying something smart.
Because Horizon is basically like the modern Assasins Creed games, which are in turn like Far Cry 3. Almost every open World game is like Far Cry 3, at this point it is one of the most influential games of all time. Wether this is a good thing is up for debate but one thing that all these type of games fail to achieve is making me want to explore the open world without having a clear opjective in mind. I beat a lot of these games and i usually ignore the open world aspect of them.
In Elden Ring you have to explore the open world, since even if you just wanted to kill the demigods and beat the game, you still wouldnt know where the fuck they even are.
It really commits to the idea of an open world, which is definitely a rare thing to see.

Attached: 9bv8bd77ymu51.jpg (2048x2048, 673.19K)

notice how there hasn't been a single horizon thread since elden ring released

Compare every modern FC game to ER, in FC you can walk up to the main baddies fortress and fly into his room because helicopres are apparently impossible to balance properly but his just not there, go do random side quests until the game says you can do it.
ER you kill bosses and things just to progress and even when you can't just walk up to the boss the quest makes more sense than the required enemy just not spawning

it's on 2.5x more platforms (xbox and PC) so it makes sense.

>Multiplat game with about 3 years worth of massive hype sells more than exclusive title with not nearly as much hype

Shocker

sonybros...we have been found out

the funny thing is I think the graphics in horizon are unironically trash
just way too much detail, it's noisy, it's visual pollution and it actually hurts to look at
doesn't help the detail of vegetation changes with every step you take, it's just overkill for a video game
and they probably spent millions making sure it looks pretty
elden ring has shit graphics by comparison but somehow looks better. Atmosphere and art direction is everything

because nobody gives a shit about horizon except playstation marketers on here and twitter. the game is boring as fuck. if it had ubisoft in the name instead of sony literally nobody would give a shit. elden ring is an actual good game people are genuinely enjoying and it markets itself which is why everyone is talking about it.

>80s
>Japan dominates west
>90s
>Japan dominates west
>2000s
>Japan dominates west
>2010s
>Japan dominates west
>2020s
>Japan dominates west

yep nothing has changed

Horizon Zero Interest