Elden Ring is proof that having variety for the sake of variety just makes it harder to balance the game because as you...

Elden Ring is proof that having variety for the sake of variety just makes it harder to balance the game because as you can see, 90% of the weapons, armor and spells end up being shit nobody uses anyway and people will still gravitate towards those that are actually useful.
At this point, you're better off just cutting away the fat and just design a combat system where every single tool actually has a purpose and Fromsoft has already done this amazingly well before.

Attached: 0182398120312034.jpg (1920x1080, 2M)

I learned this back when I played ff14. I thought it would be really boring that there was zero class customization in that game but then I realized that it didn't matter and the game was fun anyway. Usually games with really in depth customization options like dark souls or diablo are more fun to think about than to actually play.

I can't even call you wrong. Using ultra weapons against most bosses is gambling whether or not they'll continue a string or decide to animation cancel into another combo/followup. I don't feel like I ever outsmart bosses with the slow weapons. It's either I got lucky enough times, face tank them, or sprint away and bait the one attack I know is safe to hit after.

Or maybe people like running around with a flanged mace even it's "suboptimal" for a munchkin like yourself?

but then you basically get a walking/fashion/crafting simulator
elden ring is basically sims for incels

Got any arguments or just emotional womanspeak?

>content bad
Nah

sure but pretty much every build is viable in elden ring? so i dont know where you are coming from with this take

Retard

Pic unrelated. Most of the prosthetics and weapon arts in Sekiro were useful against exactly one enemy. The rest of the game is just L1 R1 O.

go craft some hair growth potions and maybe your bald asses might finally get some bootay

Bloodborne and Sekiro had such razor sharp focus that I couldn't imagine Fromsoft ever topping them. Then Elden Ring released and... it turned out I was right because Elden Ring is a boring, bloated piece of dogshit.

I feel like every weapon is really good even dual wield whipa felt effective, I literally can't pick what to use
I kinda want to use straight sword for some reason somebody stop me

elden ring has the best dungeons in any of from's games

Builds and playstyles? Yes. Because Nioh 2 also has that.
But the caveat is that ER has over a hundred weapons and spells with only a few handful being actually useful.
My point being that I'd rather have few weapons and spells as long as the game was designed around those as well as giving them way more mechanics so combat doesn't become very 1 dimensional.

hair is for gay people

>only a few handful being actually useful
completely disagree, magic never felt this good and viable like in elden ring before

You are so fucking stupid that it is honestly incredible. Everyone who thinks like you is a complete and total retard.

This is just sad lmao

yes, Elden Ring is proof that the fans were wrong about Sekiro and anyone that got filtered is a retard

I use the grafted greatsword and every boss fight is popping the L2 buff and praying I'll get enough heavy and jump attacks to poise break the boss before he wrecks me
works surprisingly well

>cutting away the fat and just design a combat system where every single tool actually has a purpose and Fromsoft has already done this amazingly well before.
95% of Sekiro's "tools" are useless memes you have to go out of your way to try and find a use for.

Agreed. Lyndell alone shits on anything they’ve ever made before.

I'm trying to do a split between Int/Fai, seems like not many things in the game benefit from this though. I'm being dumb huh? Been just using the night and flame weapon art

I never used as many weapons in other souls game. Going with a STR build so far I used a hand axe, dual swords, a hammer and a great hammer, small shield great shield, and all felt good to use. In addition to a bunch of low FTH miracles like that pyromancy that cures rot and poison and the beast cleric miracles. And all that with various ashes I tried on most weapons. So no I think there are a lot of great and fun options.
I do feel bad for sorcerers though as they seem stuck with the same 3 early game spells (pebble, tiny sword and rock throw)

I accidentally made my character mega Twink. Found the bloodhound sword upgraded it, update stats to meet criteria. Dump the rest in HP stat.
Now I'm lvl 40 and when I invade i kill most in 2-3 hits while being able to tank a shitton of DMG. Kinda makes the 1v3 fights fair though. But God there are many noobs playing. Got that parrying dagger just for them

You never disproved my point.
For every good spell like glinstone pebble and arc, you have garbage like star shower, cometshard, greatshard, etc. that are just outright inefficient for having so much FP cost for only moderate damage increase and you have loretta's greatbow that might look good due to its amazing alpha damage but then realize that you can achieve similar results with casting glintstone pebble 3-4 times for less casting time and FP cost.
I can't even begin with the numerous throwaway weapons with extremely niche uses so you just end up with a vast assortment of weapons and spells that you don't exactly use much or if ever at all.

>where every single tool actually has a purpose
You dare claim this with Sekiro's abysmal prosthetic system?
Are you taking the piss?
I haven't even started Elden Ring and I haven't played the souls series either, but ffs don't lie about Sekiro. Even if it is to praise it

The prosthetic upgrade tree is awful, almost half of the upgrades end up becoming obsolete once you max all the upgrades
The tools should have just been at their base level without the meme upgrade tree

Attached: 1595119502796.jpg (960x960, 202.79K)

Night and flame WA is insanely good and that's already a good reason to go INT/FTH
Pick up the fundamentalist incantation catalyst (it's somewhere outside the inner walls of not!Anor Londo) that allows your incantations to scale off int and FTH and you'll wreck shit with pyromancies or miracles, plus stuff like Sacred Oath, it worked out for me so far

just don't be a gay wizard casting your fruity spells and you're good

Sekiro 2 Open World when?

I don't use colossal weapons in my playthrough but usually when it's a double boss I just tank hits to get rid of one of them.

Redundant weapons are necessary for a feeling of progression I guess.