ELEX

Id say it's as good as New Vegas. World/lore is more interesting, the level design is just fuckin great, name npcs are all their own character. The 65 on metacritic is just not right

Attached: ELEX-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (250x375, 43.62K)

Do I need to play the 1st game to understand the 2nd game?

Yes and no it seems like. The dev likes to have a lot of run off from the previous games in their sequels so I think it's safe to say you should play the first. There's likely a lot of faction lore they won't be repeating in the second one

lol no shill

Game doesn't work on my Vega card

all the things you named are less important to the average player than gameplay, especially combat, and story, especially plot and dialogues - in that order

then maybe level design on the same level as and balancing, pacing, visuals, audio

all the things mentioned are atrocious in elex
combat is clunky, unbalanced and poorly thought out garbage
the plot is a waste of the setting, the dialogues sound like they are written by a 10 year old, the characters act in unconvincing ways
the world design is way too open and you can skip everything with the jetpack anyway, completely destroying the good points of gothic
also the world design isn't very convincing
the pacing is a joke, i.e. going from spending ages to kill anything for 10 hours to suddenly killing everything in a few hits
the sound effects are a hot mess
and visually the game looks like nothing special, the assets in the game are also poorly matched and look out of place

metacritic is bullshit anyway, the real score is closer to 50/100

it's really boring, and the mc is an uninteresting cunt who's blatantly trying too hard to tick all the 'generic cool guy' boxes.

wouldn't recommend.

Then you're fucking delusional even if you think NV is terrible

Unrelated to OP how is Elex 2?

Attached: 1641408149939.png (349x335, 184.96K)

I'm kinda disappointed so far and not just because of the camera, character models and performance.
What bothers me the most is how it's strangely bland and empty so far.
In Elex 1 you could bet your ass that you'd find something everywhere, be it a quiver high on a roof or some broken shit in an old car but here there are entire ruins with nothing in them. I even came back to them once I found the item detection glasses but nope, nothing.

Combat is a lot better and probably the best in a PB game but it also became ridiculously easy since for some reason the enemies I've encountered so far have been passive and defensive as fuck.
I even had some running away from me during combat and I'm not sure if it was intended or the AI shitting itself.

>In Elex 1 you could bet your ass that you'd find something everywhere
That was the absolute saving grace of the original and damning if they lost it. It was Gothic with a jetpack and care to freedom that extended (outside of combat), vertical environments packed to the brim was great

But if they improved the combat that'll bring me round again because I honestly consider Elex 1 the worst system they've put out minus Risen 3 which I didn't play at all and R2 which I didn't play enough of to comment about

The problem now is that yes, they greatly improved the combat but they forgot to improve the enemies along with it.
Outside of more telegraphed attacks and non-human enemies now having stamina bars they're still more or less the same as in 1 and can't seem to handle all your new options and larger freedom in combat - hell, you can fucking deal with multiple enemies at the same time with no issues during the hobo phase now.
And should things still go bad for you then don't worry: you can unlock horizontal flight a few hours into the game that lets you escape any danger in a split second because nothing can catch up with you.

love eurojank

simple as

says the guy making 50 elden rings threads

The worst thing about the models: every non-white female character somehow looks more appealing than your fucking wife.
Meanwhile the black characters look like borderline caricatures.

>The 65 on metacritic is just not right
same shit combat after how many years.
it should be way lower

t. didn't choose Cleric because he wanted the Gothic nostalgia yet complains about it being too much like Gothic anyway

>t. died to birds and river critter

No one even bothered reviewing it from what I've seen and the few reviewers who did instantly complain about eurojank. People who played and finished Gothic 2 appreciate it for one of the best Western RPGs ever made, perhaps even the best, but most plebs immediately drop it and give it a 4/10 because of controls and combat system.
Just be glad that PB is still around and we get to enjoy their games while gatekeeping plebs.

>Elex II reviews went from negative to mostly positive without any bugfixes
Fromcells could never

not him but melees easy, buff up, jetpack crash in, then heavy attacks and spacing with a broadsword

Is it better or worse than Risen 1?

>Meanwhile the black characters look like borderline caricatures.
Shieet, picked up

>not mad max bandits for easy over the counter elex
>not mad max bandit area for found flamethrower (might be wrong on that one)
Never gonna make it

Attached: 1615999765254.jpg (1920x1080, 187.76K)

>releasing at the same time as elden ring and RoR2 DLC
No way I'm gonna bother with on release eurojank when better new things are out at the same time. Guess I'll be picking up elex 2 at 90% off in a couple years lmao.

better imo

Gothic 2 > Gothic 1 > Risen 1 > Elex 1 > Skip everything else with the exception of maybe Gothic 3 so you can see what went so terribly wrong. With that list in mind where would you put Elex2?

I'm currently playing ER so I haven't given ELEX 2 a try but I definitely will, quite unfortunate launch date, competing with most hyped game since CP2077.

>RoR2 better than anything
hotpoo please leave

I like that even your bait outlines they're not going after the same audience

Attached: 1645458513978.png (585x940, 156.47K)