Game tutorial tells you to cheat

>game tutorial tells you to cheat
what did they mean by this?

Attached: 1646358413770.jpg (1338x1267, 566.64K)

you know it isn't cheating because the boss' health or other stats dont scale when you use them, unlike npc/player summons

the wolves get in the way and get me killed

>using game mechanics is cheating because....because it just is ok!??!

Were the NPC summons in prior dark souls cheating?

yeah?

No because quests require you to summon them

absolutely, the bosses aren't balanced for it, beating them when they keep changing focus makes the encounters substantially easier.
ER is clearly designed for it, since bosses dont even get buffed from spirit summons and half the fights in the last half of the game involve gank squads

Why not use what you have at your disposal? Or is your slow popo brain too dumb to realize elden ring isn't dark souls and the summoning stigma shouldn't apply? They're far weaker than players.

>you should play the game the way I tell you, not the way the game itself does!
Sure thing buddy~

Bingo

>summon spirit
>does 80 damage
>dies in 19 seconds
>no longer have FP to coat my sword in godslaying black flame that triples my damage
Summoning spirits is objectively playing the game on hard mode.

It balances out because the game also cheats. I don't know how many times backstabs failed on a still target or for my own attack to just miss for no reason.

Jelly bro is the only good one because he can tank hits as a distraction.

The spirits to me feel less about the damage and more about their posture damage and the distraction, which can let you charge up more and do even more posture damage, for free ripostes.

Using summons isn't chea-

Attached: 1646054932185.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

>stigma
I've beaten all Souls games without summoning even NPCs. Having the (minuscule) approval of one of the shittiest game community in existence is pretty meaningless if you think about it.

It's the opposite though. Boss stats scale with other summons to balance it out, while spirit summons are free assistance with no downsides.

They cost a lot of fp. Fromsoft figured that since nobody were using weapon arts in DS3 especially because they all wanted 15 healing estus, that they would put something a bit more useful in Elden Ring.

Ting

Not beating the game as a sl1 wretch is literally cheating.

Attached: 182228392035137.jpg (220x221, 38.47K)

"summoning is cheating" doesn't get as many bait replies these days huh

Looks like a low level dungeon he missed and went back to.
Would've been faster if he just hit the boss himself.

While we're talking about cheating, is there a way to turn on dark souls 1 style poise? I'm fucking livid that they used the shitty dark souls 3 poise system again because heavy armor is worthless now.

hitting the boss with anything but your fists without ever leveling up is cheating

HER name is Aurelia

This is actually my biggest problem with the game.
It’s very clearly balanced around at minimum summoning a spirit, if not a legit co-op partner.
Especially as someone who went int/dex fag it’s lame as hell to summon the jelly and have them tank hits while I get off 10 boulders and annihilate half the health bar, but at the same time the bosses are very clearly designed to have that summon there in the first place to distract (because each boss has every offensive tool, I would guess I’m about 2/3 through 60 hours and I’m yet to find a major boss that can’t do everything, be it close range melee AOE magic etc.) so it’s not a question of “oh just don’t summon anything and git gud,” its “this boss was designed to have half its move pool unusable because something should always be attacking it,” and you can not summon and bang your head against the wall for twice as long if you want but there’s no point. Whereas in every other souls game no boss ever felt like it needed or was designed to have someone summoned. MAYBE The gargoyles at the parish just to teach you how it works because you meet solaire right before that and his sign is right there