If you were to make a farming sim, what aspects would you take from games like Stardew Valley...

If you were to make a farming sim, what aspects would you take from games like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon and Rune Factory? What new mechanics would you add?

Attached: rabbit farmer.png (1767x774, 1.63M)

Anthro villagers like Animal Crossing, that you can marry.

sakuna is the only farming type game I have played and I only liked it because of the combat

i would make it so you cum on sexy plants and they grow

Skill trees/classes/"tech trees" that seek to reduce the tedium of labor
>Machinist makes robots that farm for them
>Druid makes magic plants which are more valuable but have weird requirements
>Artisan turns crops into high-value goods and can hire apprentices

my least favorite part about all of these games is that they're chore simulators, so everything will be designed around bootstrapping the player away from the need to water crops.
it will also feature anthro villagers whom you can marry and breed

Can you marry villagers in this?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 133.67K)

I'd let you marry the loli.

Attached: 1432534657.jpg (290x291, 31.02K)

actually, I've got a better idea.
>Move to a remote ghost town
>It's full of non-anthro monsters who live relatively hard lives
>Make friends with them, build homes for them, and teach them to farm
>each new monster friend gives you new capabilities (big girls can pull plows/pull stumps, spiders catch pests, dragons can burn things/melt metal etc)
>slowly create a little community

kinda like a Dark Cloud thing

Attached: oof_my_hips.jpg (2000x2000, 348.83K)

Attached: f.png (707x747, 114.11K)

Good idea, as long as there are boys too.

don't make me build a specific building to raise certain animals
i dropped stardew because it wouldn't let me free range my chickens

You know you can let them out during the day, right?

yeah only in that little gay fenced area

?
They'll go all over your farm.

well fuck
thats what i get for being a retard

Add a dragon
Then actually let plays marry said dragon
Realistic, but simplified farming mechanics, like actually teach fun facts to players.
Make marketing your shit a huge focus too, not just throw it at a box or npc and call it a day.
Post marriage content

Attached: 098.jpg (1280x1350, 1.06M)

I've mulled over ideas for a game set in a more "grounded" or "low fantasy" world based around early iron age european cultures and celtic myth. The whole (unidentified metal) -> copper -> iron/silver -> gold -> (magic metal) tool upgrade system in these kinds of games always seemed weird to me, and I figured a progression of stone -> copper -> bronze -> iron would be interesting to work with, hence the early iron age. Stone and copper tools would be much more easily accessible, whereas bronze would be a higher-end material, and iron, being newly discovered, would be a rare luxury for anyone to have.

Attached: 1024px-Triple-Spiral-Symbol.svg.png (1024x956, 170.81K)

I'd make it about backwoods cannibal farmers who capture city slickers and plant them in the garden.

I also enjoy foraging and gardening in real life, and have a decent knowledge of and interest in edible plants and mushrooms (which would have been considered plants at the time) both wild and cultivated, so I think I'd probably enjoy building up a world of plants and their uses for the game to work with. I don't think I'd want it to be completely focused on farming, though. I'm imagining the player would be able to practice a number of different skills that would have been central to life in such a world, from smithing and other crafts, to foraging and hunting.

Fitting in with the fantasy bit, I'd like to include some magical stuff as well. Not like wizards casting fireballs and teleportation spells, but charms and incense to invite good spirits or ward off evil ones. Maybe some more powerful magic available in very limited forms, deriving from interactions with the gods or higher fae. Think a ley line (actually a relatively modern idea, I was surprised to learn) that might be able to whisk you from one place to another. Incorporating ideas of liminal times and places--dawn and dusk, seasonal festivals like beltane and samhain--where connections to the fae world might be stronger.

Atomicrops but
>less hyperactive rogue-dyke mechanics
>more focus on upgrading the farm and the other zones instead of runs
>coop
>more rabbit marriage
That's basically it. I guess that would make it a run and gun farming game.

Attached: thed.png (866x824, 113.4K)

You just wanted to marry the dragon in RF4, huh?