Pokemon Legends: Arceus

So... my nephew is considering getting this game, and I'm kind of pissed. It looks so bad, like a PS2 game with some shadow and other effects

It could have looked like New Pokemon Snap, but it doesn't. Its like BOTW with a fraction of the work put in. Its basically for little kids and the percentage of people who bought BOTW and other REAL video games and only got a fraction of the way in til they realized they spent too much money on something they don't want to finish (because its TOO HARD)

Like, my nephew laughed when i told him about the Kirby game coming out but wants to get this... I just cant

Attached: Pokemon_Legends_Arceus_cover.jpg (220x220, 22.57K)

Where is this copypasta bait from?

god i love throwing pokeballs so much it's unreal

its not bait, the latest pokemon games actually look like shit

Graphics don't make or break a game for me

>It could have looked like New Pokemon Snap
No it couldn't, an open world field is not the same as a scripted on rails hallway.

It looks like shit, but it's actually not a terrible game. Pretty fun beta for the 9th gen games.

Graphics don't matter, loser.

Ah yes, the most important part of a GAME, the GRAPHICS.

>my nephew
>Imagine being over the age of 18, and still playing little kids games

I played just past the first big boss battle and am kinda bored. I suppose the gameplay of Arceus does not appeal to me that much.
Do story or characters at least get more interesting later on? If they do I have some reason to keep playing at least.

lol its not the same when the game actually looks bad. you all are reaching, what major game put out in the last 10 years looks this bad???

I hope Nintendo and Game Freak are paying you all overtime for this

Most of us who're playing Legends are playing it because it's a DP prequel, not because of the graphics. Touching any Pokemon game after 2012 is hit or miss as fuck and even then it's only because BW2 exist because outside of the story, the original games weren't that great.

The story and characters are the worst part of the game, so no. If you don't want to complete the pokedex and hunt for the shinies the game doesn't offer much for you.

I don't have to imagine

It could have looked at least halfway decent (like most Switch games end up looking halfway decent), but it didn't

>it could've looked like New Snap
They literally just revealed Gen 9 and that doesn't even look as good as New Snap so no I don't think GF can make better looking games than Bandai/Namco. One's a rail shooter and the other is an open world game.
>Its like BOTW with a fraction of the work put in
With a fraction of the budget and man hours put into it too
>it's for little kids
And Kirby isn't? I'm thinking your nephew has a better grasp on reality than you.

>"man, this game looks fun. If only the textures weren't as low quality, it's literally unplayable!"

Attached: VTARD.jpg (348x120, 13.5K)

>Its like BOTW with a fraction of the work put in
So... BOTW.

I bet your first console was a PS2.

>like a PS2 game with some shadow and other effects
Don't talk shit about PS2 games.

Attached: vp2rt.jpg (1920x1080, 311.46K)

and thats why threads like this exist. OP here and it frazzles me BEACUSE people like my nephew (who is well over 18 mind you) still reach for such a shitty kids game.

>With a fraction of the budget and man hours put into it too
Yet same price and sold 6 million copies and change. I hope those are all parents buying the game for their little retard children but judging from the Pokedork defense team here, im guessing not.

My family had an NES. My first console was NES and I never stopped playing classic games til this day

Then you should be used to games that are fun despite having poor graphics. Quit bitching.

>like a PS2 game
Based. PS2 games were awesome.

Ok?

>gen 9

>most of the same monsters
did they even show any new Pokemon? the scenery looks almost the same, the monsters are the same, the story is guaranteed 100% to be lackluster, the only thing this series has going for it is the battle mechanics and other rpg things, which is pointless when there is no story as a reward.

find a new series, you've been had

thread end