GUYS ELDEN RING SETS A NEW STANDARD FOR OPEN WORLD GAMES

>GUYS ELDEN RING SETS A NEW STANDARD FOR OPEN WORLD GAMES
>NONE OF THAT UBISOFT-STYLE BULLSHIT, THIS IS TRUE INNOVATION

>every area is essentially copy-pasted ruins, forts, mines and catacombs
>one main dungeon (still smaller than Stormveil) and maybe a decent tower if you're lucky
>open world recycles the same bosses and mini-bosses ad nauseam
>most of the common enemies are also the same or slight variations
>progression is free but there is still a precise direction and enemies don't scale, so unless you follow the order devs wanted, you are either gonna be steamrolled in harder areas or steamroll weaker areas
>also the world is not alive at all, like reviewers said

After playing 50+ hours, I have no fucking clue what is supposed to be so game-breaking about ER's open world
On the opposite, it's probably one of the weaker aspects of this game
It's just your regular copy-pasted world, just without question marks on map and quest logs

Attached: 1624555113039.jpg (477x668, 33.79K)

Disagree

More Tendie cope after Elden Ring took a giant wet beer shit all over Zelda.

You dont get what the meaning of set new standard is.
Elden Ring raised the bar and its true, it raised the bar as an open world game for exploration, combat and how the world should be designed.

It didnt invent, thats not what the meaning of set new standard is.
It just simply raised the bar, raised it from what Zelda and Witcher and Skyrim did at the time of their release.

Attached: D4E2A011-8A41-45C1-9BC8-B0041515B757.jpg (1024x813, 179.8K)

and what did it do to raise the bar? Oblivion had loads of nothing to discover all the way back in 2006.

Attached: 1645640530041.jpg (1125x1797, 977.65K)

But that's the point, I don't think it did that either
By the time you reach the later part of the game, you are so bored of the open world you just want to skip it

BotW suffered from a lack of lack of enemy/bosses variety and the incosistent quality of the mini-dungeons, but as a proof of concept, it worked better than Elden Ring

>it raised the bar as an open world game for exploration
BOTW already did that and better since the world is actually apart of the gameplay.

The moment Capcom releases Dragon's Dogma 2 or MH goes open world, they will both shit on ER

Attached: 1629968999216.jpg (500x670, 39.69K)

>more Elden Ring seethe
god yes, post all of it
give me your best shot, discord trannies
you think i can't handle it? find out, faggot bitch

Attached: tellmemore.gif (480x267, 2.43M)

>suddenly open world is good as long as it isn't dark souls
it's fun seeing people admit to being contrarian

>loads of nothing to discover
>so bored of the open world you just want to skip it
Are we talking about BotW?

>admitting that there are no real games that shit on ER
>having to make up games to prove your "point"
the state of seethers

Oblivion had worse enemy variety, one of the worst game design decisions which is level scaling, its exploration is less rewarding and its level design is less inspiring too.
It does have better side quests though.
Breath of the Wild has traversal and physics on Elden Ring, everything else it fall short, from enemy variety to level design to art direction and atmosphere and tools to use and combat, its worse.

Elden Ring feels as an improvement over the likes of Breath of the Wild and Oblivion and that means it raised the bar.

The only one area it still fall short is quests and Breath of the Wild was never good in that area.

Just like suddenly Open World being good as soon as it's Dark Souls. Sorry but this won't work.

>every inch is worth
Most of the shit I find are crafting materials I fucking never use or summons I never use cause I don't have the flowers to make them not shit. I can't for the life of me find a Somber smithing stone 3 anywhere but I have plenty of 4s and 5s, fuck this game's open world

FromSoftware fans are like cult members, nothing they say is ever true. I've played all the games and they've said nothing but lies for years. We need to send them to /vg/ instead of cluttering up this board.

t. Sonybro.

I like the open world but it's unnecessarily massive, i realized this after beating the 4th burial watchdog, if they are gonna reuse bosses why even bother stretching the world even more?

Elden ring really mind broke you shazam trannies

It’s a masterpiece and you will seethe for 5+ years about it

at least i didn't pay for this shit game.

Attached: 1641142159644.webm (845x480, 2.93M)

>Astel, one of the secret bosses in the game, fought after exploring multiple areas, it's straight up copy pasted in a random mine in the open world
>Godrick, the first demi-god you fight, is copy-pasted in a random blue prison
>pretty much every other boss is recycled at least once or twice, up to 5 times
>there are probably 10 dragons that are exactly the same but recolored

Attached: 1638782066500.jpg (421x421, 63.03K)

All of that is wrong though except enemies not scaling (good)

fpbp

Wrong

It's really funny

Coping, I see

No I'm just having fun, 51 hours and 3 shardbearers to go