Pick up audio diary in a horror game

>pick up audio diary in a horror game
>"I left the coupon for a free Big Mac in my office. The password to get it is 1234."

Attached: AudioDiary.png (151x249, 63.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bioshock.fandom.com/wiki/Kyburz_Door_Code
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What bothers me is these huge devices people carry around just to record a memo.

>The password to get it is 1234.
you mean 451

>theres.....something here......AAAAAAAHHHHH NOOOOOO ITS-

Attached: 1620952749690.jpg (428x368, 19.44K)

>I'm dying so I've decided to commit my last moments to writing in case of uuuaaarggghhhhh

This is probably autistic but I never forgot the audio log in Bioshock that says "the code to the door is the date of Australia Day" and the number itself is nowhere in-game, you have to actually look up what Australia Day is.
So fuck you Ken Levine, fuck you for making me LEARN SOMETHING while playing my VIDEO GAMES

Attached: file.png (800x1200, 597.97K)

Yeah there's no way I'm remembering that. The game needs to remember it for me or I leave a negative review.

>He must have died while carving it.

Attached: Castle of Aughhhh - Holy Grail 0-19 screenshot.png (640x320, 179.08K)

Looks like a small cassette in the middle and the rest is the reproducer, I imagine the Bioshock PC just swaps it out instead of taking the whole thing. It's like finding a vhs player with the tape inside it, as a game mechanic it makes them much easier to see than a small rectangle.

But you're wrong

Attached: fkxHTXY.jpg (1680x1050, 137.61K)

They're only big so that players can find them easily.

BioShock 2 remembers codes for you, even if you never really "saw" the code.

>character has multiple logs, starts of sane
>slowly dips into insanity
>last tape is just maniacal laughing

Attached: spongebob-meme-spongebob.gif (220x168, 31.93K)

>Oh, I'm so happy to be in this new place! I met so many wonderful people who share the same passions I do!
>Mr. Director is suddenly acting suspicious... Maybe coming her wasn't a good idea.
>HELP MEE.... I'M LOSING MY MIND.... I'M TURNING INTO A MONSTER RRRAAAWWWWRRRRR!

The ones in Bioshock are even more pointless when you remember Jack can literally see ghosts of Rapture reliving their final moments. What's the point of an exposition dump in the form of an audio log for the majority of the population when you could just watch their struggles unfold in front of you for a better narrative experience? Oh, right.
>animating shit's hard and we got lazy lololol

>japanese horror
>it hurts
>it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts
>japanese game 2
>it hurts
>it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts
>japanese game 3
>it hurts

What door even was that? I thought you had to backtrack to a previous level

>I, Andrew Ryan, will record one single message on this device, then leave it on the ground in the hospital
>and I'll fucking do it again

>Jack can literally see ghosts of Rapture reliving their final moments.
It only happens like five times, what are you talking about? And that's all limited to genetic memories from ADAM he's used to splice. It'd be really strange if he was using the same ADAM that literally every other character had used. You also can't go back and re-watch ghost scenes, or play them at your leisure. You are retarded.

They did it because it's a spiritual successor to System Shock 2 (which did do it better)

bioshock.fandom.com/wiki/Kyburz_Door_Code

>>animating shit's hard and we got lazy lololol
Uh, yeah, animating the scene for every single audio log would be extremely tedious and unnecessary, especially since most of them are recorded by characters just sitting in their room or office.

>it's coming...i can hear it...AAAAAAAHHH *audio cuts off*
And who exactly stopped the tape? Why didnt it keep recording the guy getting mauled? Always bothers me

Oh fuck do I really have to replay the Bioshock series (only the first 2j

Attached: 8692CE44-9B6C-47A2-A4D8-7578DFAEACE7.jpg (600x461, 62.91K)

>Uh, hello... is this recording? If you are hearing this, I've been taken hostage on some kind of alien ship. The aliens did - Unspeakable things to my rectal cavity. But I've broken free. I'm so scared and alone. I must find a way off this ship. Oh, god, they're coming! Why am I standing here making an audiolog? I don't have time for this! Leave me alone!
>Day 2... So hungry... I've searched for food but the only I've found are other people's annoying useless audiologs. Why did they bother when they clearly where in terrible danger? Each audiolog I find is more irrelevant and boring than the last. I most keep looking for a way to survive.
>Day 4... I've looked everywhere but can't find anything to eat... or a clue to get me off the ship. Just more audiologs. They're everywhere! For some reason, I listen to every minute of every one of them thinking there'd be some useful information; but it's like they're just FILLERS! USELESS FILLER... THEY'RE FILLER THAT'S DRIVING ME TO MADNESS!
>Day 7... Okay, I DID find one audiolog that was mildly amusing. A woman trapped on this ship left an audiolog about some papers she had left in an alien cabinet and she told me that the code was 776. That was kinda cool because i didn't know the code before that; though when I opened the cabinet there was only some kind of power up I didn't really need.!

>August 19th, 1953, day 5... approximately 03:45am... food is running scarce... don't know how much longer I will last...

Attached: ee7.png (600x489, 30.47K)

Isn’t this a joke in the live action scooby doo movie?

>not carrying around several voice recorders and using each one once, then dropping it when done
This is why you disorganized losers will never be in Rapture or any other utopia just before disaster.