Comfy Elden Ring thread

Are you enjoying the game user?

Attached: 1636316278240.jpg (1675x943, 125.32K)

ive pretty much cleared liurnia, do i go to the capital or to caelid?

I didn’t buy it, I’m still stuck on dark souls three

I'm waiting for my build int/fai to become viable. It's too bad they locked away all the good spells after radahn so I have to use greatswords and warhammers to kill everything for 60% of the game

Either way is fine, you will need to go caelid if you want do the blue witch quests

ahh, you were at my side all along...
my true cheese...
my over powered...

Attached: bloody-slash_ashes-of-war-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 26.08K)

>wow this underground city looks pretty cool
>it's literally shrine of amana 2 with a million greatbow spirit cows sniping you with pinpoint accuracy

12 hours, lvl22, eplored the entirety of the starting area, and I STILL can't find ONE fucking 1 upgrade stone to turn my estoc to +3

>ive pretty much cleared liurnia, do i go to the capital or to caelid?

Either. I did a lot of Caelid before Liurnia. You do need a half of an item to activate the main entrance of the capital so at least parts of caelid are meant to be the next place you go

i wanna replay it with a different build but its way too long
ill do it in the future

How do I even snipe them back? Do I need my own greatbow?

I haven't pirated it yet user. There are certain things that I look for in a game that I'm not sure appear in Elden Ring. At the same time, I don't want to look further into the game as to not miss out on any unique experience it could provide me.
Mainly I'm simply looking to playing as a vampire little girl. I'm not too knowledgeable about Souls lore, but is this possible in the current ecosystem? Can there be mods made to fit my niche in case it is not? I might keep to playing Skyrim if not. Thanks in advanced.
Signed, Anonymous.

>12 hours, lvl22, eplored the entirety of the starting area, and I STILL can't find ONE fucking 1 upgrade stone to turn my estoc to +3

Go into the cave near agheel. There's also a statue in the storm giant area that youc an get the giants to break which has like 5 smithing stones

>Valiant Gargoyle
Who thought the poison was a good idea?

Attached: 1631068091690.jpg (453x439, 84.65K)

I let Fia hug me in Deeproot but i already did the Ranni quest. Did i fuck up?

You're supposed to sneak around and kill them methodically. If you get close enough the archers aren't able to charge their magic arrows

what's a good bleed weapon for STR?

On the final boss, looking forward to beating it and immediately starting a new game to fix the mistakes I made on my first run.

Anyone know if there's a merchant or bell bearing that lets me buy smithing stones 3 and 4?

>so tired of fighting all the open world dragons I just cheese them on horseback now

Attached: 1618528911043.png (600x476, 319.59K)

I'm obsessed with it. The last few days I've been up till 7 am because I can't stop playing. Send help.

Attached: elden_castle_done.jpg (1920x1080, 1.64M)

The character creator doesn't let you make lolis no, everyone is the same height for gameplay balance since hitboxes are tight as fuck in these games.
No vampires either, but you can kind of roleplay as one with blood based weapon skills.

Yes. I've been playing since last Thursday and haven't done anything story related since beating Rennala on Sunday, I've spent the rest of the time just exploring. There's so much shit to do.

Attached: 1646129808741.jpg (896x504, 41.99K)

Can I dupe weapons or do I have to wait until NG+ to dual wield Bloodhound's Fang?

Attached: eldenring003.jpg (1920x1080, 220.81K)

Is the moonlight greatsword any good? just finished ranni's quest and got it. ive been thinking about respec to a int cos im getting bored of just using the claymore and want to test out the ass load of spells ive got

that's my wife you just posted

Attached: 20220303132006_1.jpg (1920x1080, 297.32K)

>Cheese them on horseback
I don't know what you've been doing but I'm pretty sure horseback combat is the way you're intended to fight at least most of them

I've put 90 hours into the game and completed pretty much everything it has to offer and I've got to say open world was a mistake.
There isn't any real difficulty outside of the main railroad content and if you explore, by the time you get to that content you're overlevelled and it's easy. All the optional stuff is either the same boss you've already fought but doubled, or the same boss already fought with their health and damage doubled. Making everything 2-3 shot you (or even one shot in some cases) forcing you to dump vigor or get insta killed by an enemy you've already fought this is not a good way to scale the game, same goes for making every optional area/boss just become sponge central.
It is very clear the game either wants you to use spirit summons, or some other kind of magic/weapon art cheese.
Exploring became absolutely abysmally boring around half way through the lake area when you realise everywhere worth visiting is already marked on your map as either a black pit (cave), some ruins, a weird shape or a circle (evegoal, memory stone towers) And the stuff that is kind of hidden you will find in seconds because there is something leading you to it in clear view.
Exploration soon becomes just rushing for the map and then hoping to god one of the places you're about to tick off the checklist will have worthwhile gear (better fucking hope to god it's for your build) and not just another useless spirit summon, useless because if you're not using the mimic tear or the 5 little greatshield guys you made a mistake.
On top of that strength and faith just seem way less viable compared to dex and int. Faith spells deal poor damage, and split scaling faith weapons all have really bad scaling.
Upgrading suffers from the same problem all the previous games had when you want to switch weapons, but 10x worse because the game is longer and you need more upgrade materials.

Will From nerf blood status effects? It seems extremely easy to cheese the game

Attached: 1633398986300.png (700x466, 321.15K)

>Sword Dance ash on Halberds
lads i don't think you understand how fucking dumb this is

Attached: 5e0.jpg (1060x1200, 111.33K)

I used to disagree with Summoncucks but after fighting these two I realized some bosses are balanced around using summons. The game simply expects you to use them as a distraction. Not saying that you can't beat them without summons, but you'll probably spend 2x the time.

Attached: 1645478704545.png (1919x1080, 3.79M)

Someone please fucking tell me where the fuck to go to get some fucking armor, 25 hours in and I'm still wearing the same fucking thing that I picked up 2 hours into the game, except for the headgear.

Attached: 20220303164048_1.jpg (3840x2160, 555.19K)

>explored the entirety of the starting area
Apparently not.

>tfw you've finally beaten (most of) Stormveil Castle and step out into the rain

Attached: elden_beauty2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.64M)

lol not reading

>cheesing horseback enemies by fighting them on horseback

Attached: big.jpg (1200x1085, 125.02K)

How do I get to the Altus Plateau lads? I've tried following the border from Liurnia but all I find are cliffs that are too tall to climb or drop down. I've run into two Walking Mausoleums but I can't find a path into Altus.

Well you can just take the magma wyrm tunnel instead. I found Caelid too hard right after Liurnia whereas capital is pretty easy comparatively.

But I did skip the 2x Tree Sentinels...for now

where do I find D's brother? like where exactly is he

Well that's odd on the hitbox part. I know Code Vein has a height scroller and it's pretty good. Although I'm guessing FromSoftware is a bit more strict when it comes to enemies and more specifically bosses in terms of movement and attacks.
As for the vampires, I'm not a fan of not seeing them in a grim setting like this, even if just as corrupted humans who turned into disgusting eldritch beasts, but I am a fan of blood magic, it's often an underused asset in games.

Attached: 1643818026339.gif (500x410, 1.17M)

the open world sucks, not because it's bad per se but because it's not optional. you literally need to travel to every corner of the earth just to find smithing materials and flask upgrades. also the game hardly gives you any weapons/armor/talisman unless you are willing to do the boring copy-paste catacombs and caverns.

how do you get down here?

Attached: 1643253748514.jpg (1089x909, 221.39K)

there's at least enough smithing stone 1's in limgrave to get two weapons to +3

>decide to go dex and Int for the first time ever in a soulsborne instead of Str
>apparently everyone and their mother is too

I hate this.

I'm 80h in (lvl 100, got 200k souls in my pocket since I don't want to level anymore in fear of not being able to invade) and I'm still playing so yeah, think I'm having some fun. The game has lots of problems (mainly the bosses) but it's still a good game.

Also just beat this guy, he was fun.

Attached: 20220303145745_1.jpg (1920x1080, 475.11K)

I am. Just decided to get int and faith to 13 for the holy blade incantation, which seems pretty rad as a baseline spell for quality build. So now I'm exploring other options, and I decided to open the second stone key up on the round table for pic related. I've been made aware that this book could upset the resident clergyman, but I don't know what to expect. It says you get extra spells for him if you do this, but they won't be these spells? Should I trade it to him just for more faith incants or just keep it for someone who would better enjoy it? What are the incants he offers besides?

Finally, does anyone know a good low bar for either of those two stats to try out a wide range of things? Now 13 seems adequate, but I want to know if I'll ever want more on those attributes so I can better plan my Hero greatsword user's future career.

Attached: 20220303_103728.jpg (2419x1814, 1.34M)

Impregnate the doll

It's pretty much the same as always but with an ugly blue aura instead of the nice green
Overshadowed by Moonveil Katana, but if you'd rather shoot Getsuga Tenshos than go full Vergil mode, it's still fun

Look for orange rings on the map, those are usually mines.

At which point should I fight mohg?

lol i did the entire playthrough in samurai armor with only the Uchi

gear is dead, ER too easy

Anyone know where I can find Sacred Tears? I've covered most of the first area, Stormveil Castle, portion of the lake and now making my back to weeping peninsula.

Where do you find this ash?

I got a glinstone key to get into the academy but Thops also wants one. Can I use it myself and give it to him later or do I need two?

>double gargoyle
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THIS? ONE GARGOYLE IS ENOUGH MIYAZAKI THIS IS NOT DS1 THE GARGOYLES ARE NOT SLOW THIS TIME WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING DOING

Marry the doll and live a nice life together

Attached: 20220301235339_1.jpg (1920x1080, 308.41K)

Why yes, I'm having actual fun

Attached: ELDEN RING™_20220228103217.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Where can I farm smithing stones 1? Stupidly enough I have a decent supply of SS2, 3s, and 4s but I only have 1 SS1.

how do you enter the towers? sorry for dumb question

The way their AI completely breaks down when attempting to handle how fast you move I seriously hope they weren't actually intended for mounted combat.

how do I fuck her? Like copulate her and have sex

Where is the second half of the medallion that the wolf girl gives you? I didn't realize she was gonna disappear once I finished talking to her and now I can't ask her again

why did he do it?

Attached: 1633583419875.jpg (599x599, 43.41K)

Sacred Tears are in churches

I'm grinding runes melting Margit with rotten breath for new players.

he's the only person in the game you can give prayerbooks to anyway

feet

Attached: 20220303152639_1.jpg (1920x1080, 566.47K)

For most you have to kill 3 spirit turtles
One needs you to just jump into it using the blast pad nearby
And one needed a stone key I think

I just Moonveil slashed them to death

Oh fuck, I'm only twelve hours in but that's my armor too. Am I retarded or is gear just a fucking pain in the ass to find in this game?

>Sacred Tears?
They're all over the place but they're exclusively in church ruins.

Weeping peninsula has at least two in the churches.

Yes, immensely.
But it has already broken two of my peripherals. My keyboard started dropping inputs and stuttering so I was forced to use a gamepad. Now the right bumper (normal attack button) of my 360 controller barely works, have to press it really hard.
What are the odds of that?

Never, horniness doesn't exist anymore.

Attached: 1646297228906.jpg (640x853, 84.5K)

Sacred Tears are in churches. Look at the map and look for anything that vaguely resembles a church and there should be a tear in there

It's a fucking pain, I never find anything

>he doesn't dual wield flails
NGMI

Attached: 1245620_20220303174604_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

KEK same
struggling finding any better armor anyway

Miyazaki at it again

Go to the northwestern-most point. The northern most point is the lift (which you probably don't have the item for at the moment), but to the left of the big doors to the lift is where you need to go. Up a lot of scaffolding.

Getting ass blasted by crucible knight in Limgrave as a twinblade user, feels bad bros, how does a meleepleb get gud for this fight? His attack chains are fucking long as hell and if i try the guard counter thing he gets rapes my stamina bar or he attacks again before my counter goes off and staggers me

I was told that there is another, but I know not who. Are you quite certain? And do you know which spells it unlocks if I did?

you just do the mine that rewards you with the bell that lets you buy infinite amounts of 1's and 2's.

I still haven't figured out how to get behind one of those doors there. I'm not sure how to describe where it is. It's somewhere just before you drop down to the Grafted Scion.

So where/at which Graces can i talk with Melina? I only managed to talke to her like 4-5 times maybe? That's afully not a lot.
For information i only did: Limgrave, Weeping Peninsula, most of Caelid and Liurnia.

absolutely loving it
that said, i'm a little bit disappointed by the boss fights, aesthetically they're cool as fuck but that's about it
i loved the midir fight in DS3 so much i would be pleased when the host was a lazy fucker who would let me solo him, probably killed him ~1000 times in my 800 hours of DS3
i just entered the snowy place, is there a fight on the same level as midir on the way? i.e. one that forces you to stop playing like a pussy bitch and go toe to toe properly with the boss

Attached: midir.png (644x395, 547.29K)

that's why I'm the protagonist

I wish I were, but the copy/paste bosses are starting to get to me
Who the fuck asked for 3 trees

>do you know which spells it unlocks if i did
yea, the ones in your picture

Feeeeeet!

Attached: 1646077605402.png (534x494, 163.51K)

Are the stat softcaps still at 50, or did they bump them to like 80 or something because of how much longer the game is?

One of the most best moments in the game

There’s a quest for a dude who wants you to give a date rape potion to some one though.

btw the game HAS an intended route/progression
wish I knew it before doing stormveil castle and only then the weeping peninsula

Why the fuck do the players I summon keep leaving 30 seconds in to the Radahn fight

Attached: 1638196923611.webm (644x800, 2.96M)

Did I somehow miss one in church of elleh and church of irith?

>using the version without feather wings

Attached: character.jpg (646x1007, 637K)

I beat the game

Where exactly was The Blood Lord? The Volcano Lord? Miquella and Malenia? I only got like 4 ruins and there's 10 slots

Where do I find Blaidd after killing Radahn?

Attached: 1637521038201.jpg (472x390, 26.96K)

see pic, there's 2 paths
for the left path follow along the river, eventually you'll find the grace and a ladder near it that leads there
the right path requires you to have both pieces of dectus medallion to activate the elevator

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.37M)

Is there any way to upgrade my Fire Pots to do more damage? I used to use them instead of fireballs to save on FP, but they're not doing enough damage now.

This reminds me: what's the justification for undeads and hollows existing in Elden Ring? They say that Tarnished respawn and shit because they're blessed by Grace. But then how come everyone else in the Lands Between is also undead? What differentiates (you) and them?

Bros, I'm still wearing the fucking Godrick Soldier armor I got my first hour into the game. I'm on hour 40.

Attached: 1639755106107.jpg (500x500, 28.22K)

Additionally, only about 20% of the combat is fun, and that's the only real draw the game has compared to other open world games. It's all either horse cheese on the same trash mobs/area bosses you've already fought, or you're just crawling through a bloodborne dungeon you've already done before except everything is.
The only fun I had after the first 15-30 hours was on the main railroad path. Admittedly the legacy dungeon, and smaller open world areas (mostly underground) were really well done, but the rest just lacked polish, attention to detail and worthwhile rewards for the time and effort you sunk into them.
The dialogue is god awful and boils down to npcs mentioning a lot of names that sound the same, but you never really truly understand who these people are or what they do, because the game does a lot of telling without showing you anything.
The game is only good if you treat it as a boss and item rush, but that requires you to know where the bosses and items you want are - which isn't the case on the first playthrough.
I will have more fun when I play it again and just b-line the actually good shit, but right now I am looking forward to not playing it more than I am finally finishing off the very last bit of content.
That's fine, I just needed to get my gripes with the game out because it is the most frustrating, mind numbing bullshit if you don't just treat it like a straightforward railroad

It always bothers me how the cool weapons are locked behind an INT or FTH investment. I don't want to spellcast, I find it clunky.

Can you help me kill Radahn

Jesus fuck there's too much. Simply too much. Every time I think im done with an area ill see some user mention a weapon or npc that came from there and realize i missed like half the dungeon. Case in point: Fringefolk Hero's Tomb.
>unlock, run through poison
>bypass giant evil chariot
>kill ghosts
>run up optional side ramp, kill super ghost man
>loot him
>run back down to the very bottom
>fight mega aids tree dragon boss
>end dungeon
Or so I thought. But if you drop off a random ledge you actually land in a secret section that contains more traps, 2 or 3 more boss fights, several awesome items, and a way to destroy the chariot. Its a fucking double dungeon in an optional locked side area at the very start of the game.
Fuck this game, its too much.

Attached: 1644995048632.jpg (1920x1604, 453.74K)

>Anyone know where I can find Sacred Tears
They are on the eastern side of the first area and also in weeping peninsula. In churches.
I had the same problem because I was saving those areas for later.

I killed her bitch ass for what she did to D___ not to mention her goons killed my boy Iji and helped drive Blaidd insane

I'm a INT/DEX cuck. I tried to cheese him with spells but the blocks them, so I couldn't use magic against him. Then I tried parrying but I couldn't get the time right.

In the end I beat him doing the classic dodge+attack. You just end up internalizing his moves. Protip: in his 2nd phase, only attack after he's done his "circle attack" or after he used his tail. He will bait you to attack him before he uses his tail and that's when he gets you, cos you probably won't have time to dodge it.

>implying I even know how I'm supposed to get it

SACRED BLADE CHADS
TO ME!!!

Attached: sacred_blade-ash-of-war-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200px.png (200x200, 24.35K)

>puny right hand flail
baka my head bro what are you doing
You want me to give you another one of those 3 headed flails?

*except everything is pointlessly scaled up

KEK, me too. I don't know where people are finding crazy looking armour.