Are gaming routers a meme?

Are gaming routers a meme?

Attached: 1646319874244.jpg (249x203, 16.95K)

yes
fpbp
/thread
sage

Yes. /thread
next time post anime girls desu

Attached: 1646111233910.jpg (971x935, 83.44K)

>wifi
>gaming
pick one.

anything sold with "gaming" next to it as a modifier is a meme

The prefix "gaming" is a meme, so everything attached to automatically becomes a meme.

I mean you still can use LAN cables

Yes. There exist high-end wifi routers that can make a difference, but if it advertises itself as "gamer" anything it's an instant meme.

Also all wireless technology is a meme.

then whats the fucking point in wasting money on a meme device whos main function you're not gonna use?

I want to get prone boned by the scorpion chairs barbed plastic COCK

Attached: file.png (222x227, 74.25K)

do different aethernet cables make a difference? I've seen some with golden plugs, they market themselves as "premium" or something. I still have use my old 15 year old cable.

you don't know shit

Yes. If you want a good connection and you don't use an ethernet cable you're retarded.
Also the term "gaming" is like the term "military grade". It's used to scam retards.

I would LOVE playing some C&C on this bad boy.

>can
must

What router should I buy to use as in tandem with the one my isp gave me? Just one isn’t enough to cover the whole house and I need both Wi-Fi and cable for my room
Been looking at the Archer C7

>scorpion chair
>spider router
What's next?

You are an actual retard. "gaming" anything is a marketing ploy to get more money out of idiots like you who think that DX-Racers are the best gaming chair possible (when these pieces of shit aren't even comfortable to sit in for extended periods) when it reality it's something that has actual back and lumbar support for great comfort like Herman-Miller. A "gaming" router is just a high end router with gigabit+ connection. You can get the exact same shit for a lot cheaper by not falling for marketing tricks. I seriously fucking hate this new demographic on Any Forums. This isn't Reddit. You can't just say stupid bullshit and have people back you up just because you say it with confidence and get upboats. Fucking kill yourself.

Modern Wifi renders Ethernet redundant on a consumer level.
This isn't 2005 anymore.

I’d buy it unironically, looks comfy af

Maybe in terms of speed but not packet loss, dummy.

not for gaming / any real-time connection.

okay nigs ur confusing me, my whole life ive always heard that
>literally any ethernet connection is vastly superior to any wireless
is this not true

>he says as his character teleports around in an online game
Sure, you yourself wouldn't notice it I guess.

>go to sleep
>wake up
>router is gone

Yes, pic related costs $2 and will never, ever, ever get outperformed by any type of wireless router.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 7.64K)

Wifi is garbage. Anyone who is trying to do anything even slightly serious, from gaming, streaming or using a workstation is going to utilize an ethernet connection for maximum performance. Also like this user said packet loss is still a thing.

If you have 802.11ax or better on your router and receiver you are losing nothing by using Wifi.
Obviously use Ethernet if it's easily accessible but when you have lots of devices around the house and the faggots at your ISP decide where the signal comes in this isn't always logistically feasable.

You can't eliminate jitter over wifi, no matter how expensive your gayman router is.

For the most part yes, although they can prioritize a better connection for gaming by limiting the connection everything else has to it, but for the most part they're useless, you're better off just using ethernet.

t. has never used anything better than his shitty 802.11n router his ISP provides.

That thing looks like it'll run off if I put it down the other way.

Just get a epic gayming router rather than a $10 ethernet cable. Must be worth it, I'm sure the packet loss isn't that noticeable.

Of course it's true, wifi uses the exact same frequency as many other wireless devices, if you have a wireless headset or mouse it can cause interference.

>Decent FTTH link and router
>Decent wifi adapter
>Up-to-date rig
Have been like this since many years, no problem
Just fucking try it

Attached: illya.gif (480x270, 3.98M)

Not really. The only gamer thing that makes a huge difference is a mouse. Everything else sold as a "gamer x" is usually bullshit.

Are you on wifi now? Go ping google 100 times and show results.

Gaming mice are usually overpriced dogshit too though, the best mice don't have any gaming branding on them.

I don't live in a house the size of a Toyko pod so having everything plugged directly into the router isn't feasable.
I'm not saying it's better than Ethernet, I'm saying it's just as good and the losses you incur are going to be non-noticeable if you have a good router.

>no problem
so you don't play multiplayer games. cool. what makes it a "gaming" router if you don't use it for games? whoops, that's right. you're missing the point of the thread.

and monitor
and mouse pad
and a better PC for a higher framerate
and...