Bloodborne and Sekiro

>Bloodborne and Sekiro
>fixes and perfects the souls formula

>Elden Ring
>back to rollingrollingrolling and looking up builds online

What went wrong?

Attached: 1646300513284.jpg (1024x1024, 234.78K)

You'd have 50% more people in your discord helping you shitpost if you mentally ill troons didn't neck yourselves so often

Regarding Sekiro I can understand why the parry system in that game never came back.

If the parry doesn't
>Work on 90% of attacks
>Takes basically no resource when performed correctly
>Not have a Stat requirement tied to it

Then it'd just be a shit version of the actual thing, but if it does have all those thing it basically makes all other defensive options a waste.

>have to look up a wiki on which attacks can be parried and what HRT levels you need to raise for it to work
Huh what a good system

That's exactly why I said it shouldn't have a Stat requirement. Can you even read English?

I just hope Elden Ring to be the end all for this combat system. It's pretty evident that From is capable to do more than that shit.

so it was the same thing as rolling, but with risk?

I miss sekiro. What a good game

Nothing's wrong with shields and rolling. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

Your post is confusing.

>If the parry doesn't takes basically no resource when performed correctly
>If the parry doesn't not have a Stat requirement tied to it

Bloodborne and sekiro was miyazaki "soul searching" phase

Elden ring is a true return to form in the best way possible

Doesn't not is basic English. Which translates to "If it has a Stat requirement it's shit"

It's still here

Shield counter and shields being buffed in general is an alternative to anime rolling. It’s almost scratches the parry itch from sekiro, and counters does a lot of “posture” damage.

Double negatives are bad form, kind of proven by the fact that you had to restructure the sentence by "translating" it.

Sekiro forced you to play in a certain way and if you dont enjoy yhat playstyle, it sucks. Bloodborne also has limited options but is a bit more free.
Elden Ring you can play in any way you want.

>and looking up builds online
literally just put points in dex and vigor

Rolling always works used of i-frames. You can't campare it to parrying.

I have beat renalla and godrick and am doing ranni quest. Apparently Im supposed to fight radahn to finish it. So should I fight him now or later as i heard hes a hardest boss.

It could definitely be expanded (and I hope it is in Sekiro 2) (also I hope Sekiro 2 exists one day)
Simple example: directional parries, so you have to push the stick to one side when you press the button to parry attacks from that side
What this means is you have a whole new thing to learn when you're learning to parry a new enemy's combos. It adds to the mixups a boss can do (now a boss can feint from one side and attack from the other, for example). So players have a choice: commit to parrying (keeps you in danger but might let you counter) or dodge roll away on the outside (safer but less able to counter the enemy).
Pretty shitty example, I'm not recommending exactly this, but just an idea of one way to make parrying more dangerous, but keep it just as powerful for players who put in the time to get good at parrying each enemy

>looking up builds
Wow, you are actually braindead. This has to be the least complex RPG and you still need someone to hold your hand.