Funny how everyone has a PhD in game design now

Funny how everyone has a PhD in game design now

Attached: 1642954808375.png (1286x1362, 727.7K)

no one has a phd in game design because you can only get a masters in it retard

College degrees are worthless

This. It's fucking absurd how college is marketed as the end all be all of life, once you're done you go to your "dream job", work for 30 years then die

As someone with a PhD in Academic Discipline Design, I assure you that you're completely wrong

I'm looking for it now and I don't see any graduate programs for game design outside of a masters

Having a PhD doesn’t make you knowledgeable. It just means you’re a poor masochist.

For most people they are, because they only go to college because they feel they're supposed to, and then never put their degree to use.
If you're one of the few people have a plan and ambition, it can open a lot of doors.

I watched the Mega Man X Sequelitis video, so yeah I guess I'm pretty much an expert at this point

Attached: 1644824943583.gif (498x457, 2.52M)

Ahahaha. Found the sucker with student loans

PhD here, can confirm. Doesn't make you smart about everything, just dedicated to researching one narrow topic.

In the USA your only other realistic options without good connections are
>Work in a trade and become an alcoholic with back problems in 10 years
>Get IT certified and work shitty white collar jobs until you get into an administrative position where everyone will hate you
>Join the military
Or succumb to the retail/warehouse/food service wagie hell. Getting crypto rich or starting a successful internet business is possible but highly improbable even if you're good at it.

That's because what passes for game "design" is so incredibly basic and casualized that even a child can pick it apart.

>Funny how everyone has a PhD in game design now except for the people designing games
FTFY

holy fuck what a shit thread

Immigrants did this

How else am I supposed to get into engineering user?

>PhD in game design
do americans really?

>Meet any faggot with similar interests as me
>What did you major in
>"Game design"
Alternatively
>computer science, but I want to make a game one day!
I'm ashamed to admit I had that dream in my early 20s too. It seems like everybody is doing that, or is trying to become a nurse.

Attached: 1467691150163.png (549x424, 68.77K)

>hurr durr 8 years at a gay university makes you more knowledgeable than a lifetime of hands-on experience

Things just have to collapse then. Businesses need to learn that college is way too overpriced for what they're willing to pay and completely uneeded for most fields.