Thoughts on Downwell?

Thoughts on Downwell?

Attached: ss_96fa27e853e9513de825df4264e356066a3c5145.1920x1080.jpg (1140x852, 183.26K)

im bad at it

it's a mobile game.

so?

Great game.
Where's this 4:3 version from?

It's a well made game but went down on my list over time.

Pretty fun, I play it sporadically on my Switch

Seems fun as far as I can tell
>keeps dying because fat fingers

I can get to the boss, but can't beat him. It's hard to play on my shitphone.

i got to the boss a few times but i keep choking. i was able to get every achievement that doesn't require beating him though.
that pic is from the steam version. you can customize borders and there's a tate mode.

Does it have a portrait mode on Switch? I'm considering getting Ikaruga cause I want to play games on Switch and utilize the ability to change the orientation of it.

Attached: qGCI_lkaY7t32DIXawjPxPo7o9bHItM23KGnooFNFSM.jpg (2436x3248, 960.96K)

Yeah it does.

It was alright. Fun little game, decently challenging, and a somewhat unique concept. Honestly the perfect amount of Video Game(TM) for $1-$3. The only thing I don't quite care for is how there's been somewhat of an attempt to put Welltaro in other games, which just feels weird given that Downwell doesn't really feel like it was meant to be the kind of game that "sticks around," but even then it hasn't been all bad: he looks fun in Fraymakers and the Rivals of Aether Community Mod was a fantastic proof of concept

Too hectic for me.

And it's ironically borderline unplayable on mobile.

i did this on my phone too, then switched to my PS4 and beat him way faster. controller and bigger screen is a huge advantage
the mechanical foundation is remarkable in how congruent it is considering it's simplicity. it's diverting and decently fun but item balance is skewed and so successful runs are unlikely without proper RNG. the lack of an endless mode hurts replayability,

The game speed is tied to frame rate, so you can cheat by limiting the game to 30fps. I wouldn't say it's actually fun to play at half speed, which feels painfully slow, but it's amusing that people actually program games that way. I guess the game is also easier if you just have a totally garbage computer.

I didn't even know the game was on anything besides mobile. I'll give it a try on steam next time.

it's on steam

Yeah. Fun game, couldn't get anywhere with it though.

I know and I played through that version multiple times.
I got it for mobile a while ago since they gave it away for free and it suffers from one fatal flaw: the playfield fills out the entire screen and there is no dedicated input space so the controls are on top of the game itself and your thumbs are essentially now over the most important part of it, the bottom, that you have to react to.
And no, it doesn't seem to detect an gamepads.

One of the greatest games of all time. Right alongside Tetris and Picross.