Have you ever attended a midnight release for a video game? If so, what was it like?

Have you ever attended a midnight release for a video game? If so, what was it like?

Attached: 1620639323956.jpg (640x480, 62.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hB-vcjHYHmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh man- sad that you will never get to experience 9-9-99 - that was a special day for sure

Other midnight launches I have been a part of - I think PS4 was one of the other ones, it was ok, but was a rainy night for my local area and just not as all around jovial - felt more the element of possible robbery.

I miss midnight candle drops. What happened???

Skyrim with some buds, didnt even boughted it. Shit game

>didnt even boughted it

Attached: da.jpg (1280x694, 284.24K)

last time i went to one was for the PSP. Still have it and luckily it had no dead pixels.

I attended for Dark Souls 2 release me and my brother and some goth dude were there for DaS2 everyone else was there for titanfall. Pretty good night other than some lady trying to sell me about 5 cheese pizzas. Who orders pizza wiylth no toppings?

Attached: Michael-Jackson-Red-Jacket.jpg (600x800, 85.79K)

I was there at 11-11-11 it was pretty chill. Not really that many weirdos or bad smelling ogres.

Attached: 1628663693902.jpg (600x561, 39.6K)

lol no. I slept in my comfy bed and woke up refreshed in the morning then bought it so I could actually enjoy it

Plenty. Enjoyment is based completely on how the story is run and your local community.

GTA V for PS3 in 2013. Line of about 50 people. Some teenage Redbull whores pulled up in Redbull car and handed out free Redbull cans. I chose blueberry. The Redbull whore was black but skinny and slutty. It was good. Got Collector's Edition and merked people online in Khamelion in reverse for years. Worth.

I went to a few in high school. Even if it wasn't for a game I was particularly interested in it was still fun to see and hang with friends. I remember for Gears we played magic while we waited on the sidewalk and some guy was blasting some kind of grindcore shit on his stereo somewhere. Even still it was fun. Then my friends got the game, we got pizza and stayed up until 5 playing. Good times.

Yes, to get a Wii but Target opened until 8AM. It was fine. I was with a friend who also wanted one, so we got in the line the day before at 8PM and we were the first ones. Most of the people in line were parents who wanted the console for Christmas gift and very few nintendies.

True. The last Smash Bros release in my town was held up. Over 20 people had their wallets stolen. My town wasn't always bad tho. I remember going to a few great midnight launches growing up.

I went to get a Dreamcast the night it came out. Was pretty cool. Went home and played Soul Calibur and sonic adventure all night. The only other one I went to was gta4, and that was only because my friend wanted someone to go with him. We just watched movies on his laptop in line for a few hours.

GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
MGS3
Halo 3
Wii
Xbox 360
PS5

Wii was overnight in the dead of winter. Shit sucked. PS5 was during a rain storm. Shit also sucked. The GTA ones I remember looking at the GameStop attendants beautiful perky tits.

Last one I went to was for GTA V in college and everyone on campus was having a blast, I miss that shit.

me and my best friend waited for the midnight release of Halo 3. Got it around 12:45, headed back to my house with a bunch of junk food and snacks, and binged the campaign on legendary co-op. It was a school night and we finished just before school started. Still remember how kino that final warthog run was when we were half-delirious and sleep deprived

I did for GTA IV and Guitar Hero World Tour at my town's Gamestop.
GTA IV had maybe 30 people. Nothing really special or overwhelming. For me I just wanted to get in and out ASAP to go home and play which I managed to for an hour and then immediately fell asleep.
Guitar Hero's had a small gathering of 5-8 people but otherwise all chill dudes. Demo kiosk was up and me and my brother played for a little bit with random people before leaving with the game and that big kit with all the instruments. They also gave away Guitar Hero World Tour T-shirts for free so we each got one.
Those were the only two I went to and I regret not going to more for the most part since I didn't realize they'd become a dead tradition a decade ahead of time
>2008 was 14 years ago
what the fuck

Did it twice. Once for SSBB when I was in college; after work just waited in line and paid for it. Talked to some other people in line about what they expected from the game.

Second was pretty random, ACIII. I didn't even pre-order it, just was awake at midnight and realized it was released so I went over and got a copy and left at a Walmart. It sucked.

I waited for the release of Fallout NV back in 09 or whenever it was. Showed up to like 40 people ahead of me in a line waiting for Gamestop to open their doors. Was a cold night in Clackamas Oregon at the time (I moved states later), and I lived 25 minutes away so I sped home and played till like 7 in the morning. I was in HS, bu must have taken sick days or something because all I remember was playing Fallout for at least 3 days after recharging on sleep after that first night.

Looked like your average Any Forums meetup group, lel, everyone was excited and very friendly and engaged with their fellow neckbeards speculating on what was going to be in the game. A lot of spastic energy and awkward body language.

It was awesome, and crazy to think it was the only game I'll likely ever do that for.

no, stores would close at 5pm and 8pm thursday nights.

My gf too me to buy the destiny ps4 the white version at midnight as a surprise. Even tho I hate fps, she thought video game release everyone is excited and he likes playing video games on his ps3 (dark souls at the time). It ruled desu. Played destiny in front of her for a while just to make her happy desu. It's a really nice memory

GTA V in 2013 only one i've been to. Pretty boring all things considered. Bunch of greasy guys in a long line making small talk

I was at this Gamestop the midnight release of GTA V lmao
>youtube.com/watch?v=hB-vcjHYHmM
Dumb bitch got fired, never liked her, always had an attitude like this.

When GTA V came out. There was some mom screaming at his kid that the line was too long and that they should leave and the kid was about to cry.

Pokémon moon
Went to Waffle House after. Pretty comfy.

I went too a few. Left 4 Dead 2 (console pleb), Resident Evil 5, the Wii console, and Black Ops II, maybe others I am forgetting.

Nothing really interesting. The police were there for the Wii one for some reason. Lots of hype that night.

WoW Cata release. I dont remember much, beyond some friendly IRL shitposting about factions.

>Have you ever attended a midnight release for a video game?
No because I have never bought a game on launch, or have a console to use where I can buy new games physically for it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101.9K)

Switch release and Breath of the Wild. Honestly surprised at how small Nintendo managed to get the carts.

Brawl, halo reach, star wars the force unleashed, the ps4

>Switch release and Breath of the Wild
surprised you were able to get one on release day, all the ones in my area were immediately snatched up by scalpers

I think I did it once for Cataclysm. Maybe Pandaria too?

>WoW

Attached: 1626918930424.gif (480x398, 3.59M)

Halo Reach, Halo 4 and Gears 4. Especially by Gears 4 midnight launches had died, too bad I never got to experience the launch of Halo 3.

I RECOGNIZE THAT STORE

I went to that exact one for the VITA midnight release. Saddest experience of my life.

Attached: gamestop.jpg (1914x784, 206.14K)

I went to the release for smash brawl - my GameStop was having a tournament, but it was just the base game, no unlocks (cause how could they?) and using the wiimote and nunchuk. I actually came in second playing Yoshi, my main from Melee, got beat by some guy playing Ike who said he had already played the Japanese version so he already knew how the game felt. He got some trophy and said he'd go to some other tournament. Instead of waiting in line, me and my friends got to get our copies after the tourney winner did since I got second and my friend got third. We then went home and played smash until sunrise. Overall a fun memory

I used to be so lonely I would watch videos of people camping for PS3s because they seemed like they could be my friends.

Attached: 5fc06f433fb70.image.jpg (800x600, 115.65K)

Yes, WoW. The Expansions that literally Saved FF14. Cata and MoP.