How would you save the mega man franchise?

How would you save the mega man franchise?

Attached: file.png (616x353, 244.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Rockman_&_Forte:_Mirai_Kara_no_Chōsensha
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Make it a less cringeworthy version of 20XX

A zero remake

Make a 3D Ratchet/Clank-like platformer with MM's difficulty

Remember the third person shooter Vanquish on xbox 360? I'd use that as a base for the gameplay. Just need to add mega jumping and platforming, make it so you can use your slomo power while shooting as you come down from your boost jumps. Then it is just a matter of designing cool boss fights as well as the unique weapon powers you absorb after killing the bosses. As an alternative to this idea I would also like a VR game. Point is that Megaman needs a face lift where it actually evolves a bit. No one will care about yet another side scrolling platform shooter.

first person shooter with a perk system and emotes

Properly re-release the gameboy games, including Mega Man and Bass 1 and 2, and also remake Mega Man 8 while I'm at it.

>2D Metroidvania-styled megaman with megman 7 SNES sprites
>bring back bass and protoman and make them playable
>challenge series
>community generated levels
>buster upgrades
>rush and treble adapters
>bosh rush tournament/vs fighter mode reminscent of the arcade games
>local online/co-op play
>timeattack mode
>must conclude the 20xx timeline for good and reveal x and zero prototypes as teasers
I could go on

It doesn't need saving. It's one of the few game series where just having a sequel with high quality bosses, levels, weapons, and music is really all it needs.

>2D Metroidvania-styled megaman with megman 7 SNES sprites
You grew up on sprite comics, didn't you?

So you hate Mega Man, right?

3d platform game with new mexhanich to kill enemies besides shooting and the shooting part must be like Mario with flower power in 3d marios not like a shooter likein ratchet and clank

Even if they make a new 3D spin-off, classic Mega Man will stay as classic Mega Man.

One new Mega Man-franchise game released every 2 fiscal years. Each entry cannot be in the sub-series of the previous. Start with MM12, then do X9, then do something new, or something like that. Fill the off-years with a collection/remaster or even a DLC for an on-year title. Bring on Inti for one of the games if need be.

Rockman & Forte 2 can stay buried honestly. It's real bad.

Release games.

Make remasters of Legends 1 and 2 and finally make Legends 3.

I guarantee you that those remasters wouldn't sell remotely enough to justify Legends 3.

Mega man and bass 2?????

megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Rockman_&_Forte:_Mirai_Kara_no_Chōsensha

There was a Rockman & Forte game for the Wonderswan, with its main antagonist being Rockman Shadow, a failed copy of Mega Man that Wily created and tossed aside in favor of simply going to to capture, capturing the real Mega Man and turning him into Quint.

The game was trash, no one played it and it was mostly forgotten.

By leaving Capcom out of it. If Capcom made a new series, most people would hate it because it's not the sequel to their favorite series. It's easier for fan games to try new ideas because they have nothing to lose.

Doesn't really need saving. Has tons of main games, tons of subseries, tons of fangames, tons of rereleases and the last new entry was perfectly good and is generally recognized as such.

No real reason to be a fan game though.