>2022
>still cant get capes right
Why do we even bother

Attached: 968c0f12-1ee7-4c52-9ba5-a473eac2834a.png (1922x2160, 1.91M)

>Nips can't code
No matter what year it is, it's always like that.

Have you ever worked with realtime physics in video games? No? Shut the fuck up and quit bitching.

This is soul

You need autistic trannies to get clothes physics right. The modding community is full of them.

people just sont give a shit about clipping
nowdays even premade characters with no clothing options clip when they move

I'm going to wear the Confessor chest for the whole game because I love how the cape looks.
I just need a better helmet to go with it, I'm running the iron helmet so far.

Attached: Elden-Ring-Confessor.png (270x399, 162.93K)

>wasting computing power on irrelevant shit
the game can barely run decently as it is

I wish capes were a separate equipment slot

If that drives you crazy imagine being someone interested in making adult games or animation without going insane at the amount of clipping everything may have.

we have ways to render true to life reflections, infinite geometry, and use AI upscaling, but for some reason we can't find a fast way to approximate physics or collision calculations without raping hardware. unbelievable.

It's not been an important enough problem to try and solve.

This. The wanderer cape looks good but altering the garment removes the cape and I see how shitty the outfit is.

there's very much a demand for solving that problem, especially for stuff like VR. I think people underestimate how much more immersive games would get if they add in even a tiny bit of physically accurate interaction within the environment. even the cheapo solutions like IK animations aren't nearly enough to trick the brain. believability was never about the graphics, it was always about proper material response and physical interaction.

look at half life 2 and how it still stands out to this very day because of how interactive and "believable" the environment was for it's time. compare it to now where most games are static and lifeless. nobody is attempting that stuff anymore and it's been a huge step in the wrong direction as far as innovative gameplay is concerned. imagine a game where you literally touch and slice your enemy with a blade, rather than just collide with their hitbox that calculates a set amount of damage.

Literally unplayable... This didn't happen in Horizon bros... fpbp /thread

Horizon just has your bow magically attaching & detaching to your back through your hair.

they should just hide or turn the sheath when you put a cape on

There's some regal knight helms and some nice hoods later on with some added stat boosts.

>tfw i like girls with long hair
>doggy style is my fav
>long hair in koikatsu clips through the whole fucking body, covering completely the tits
pain

literally just change the angle of the sheath, holy shit

>have you ever written a book?
>have you ever directed a movie?
>have you ever ran a country?
>have you ever commanded an army?