I didn't bother with summons until level 95, but I got so fucking bored by the incredibly unfair boss fight mechanics...

I didn't bother with summons until level 95, but I got so fucking bored by the incredibly unfair boss fight mechanics, how every single one of them just reads inputs almost instantaneously, how every boss is a mage counter and how the game generally just tries to fuck with you left an right and how every single spell bar the two starter skills, the Frost Cloud AND MAYBE the spectral bow thingy are absolutely fucking worthless, that I've decided that given how the game's developers lack integrity entirely, why should I bother to uphold mine? So now I just summon shit whenever I can, and everything just dies. The dragons have unironically been some of the fairest encounters so far. They feel grounded, yet fair. The Flying Dragon who sat on that bridge in particular. So did the Moon Queen. Rhadan on the other hand felt like an overdesigned piece of shit stuck in the wrong game.

Such a pity the exploration is so incredibly mediocre, incredibly unrewarding, incredibly tedious due to all the cliffs and mountains. They should have stuck to dungeons cause, if I am being honest, I've really, really, really enjoyed exploring the academy and the capital. Especially the latter is an incredibly well designed legacy dungeon, beautifully illustrated and with great depth and overall layering. Probably the best "fallen city" FROM has made so far. It's flawless. A pity the rest of the game is so fucking shit.

Attached: 1621344397431.jpg (1920x1080, 460.44K)

>how every boss is a mage counter and how the game generally just tries to fuck with you left an right and how every single spell bar the two starter skills
You've just admitted to being bad at souls games without even realizing it. Spells were always Miyazaki's way of giving people an easy mode. You can cheese so many enemies and bosses with it in Elden Ring, that it's basically a rune farm. Use those to level up more so you can absorb more hits.
I assume you're getting hit a lot because you're bad at video games.

I always find it funny when Soul's shitters, 99% of whom have never managed to get past bronze/lower 50% in a single competitive game in their life, accuse other people of "sucking at video games". Your inability to see how many of this game's boss fights are poorly is shocking to say the lesat. Melee isn't hard, especially not in Elden Ring. It's quite frankly the game's retard mode. If I want to play Elden Ring on easy made, I 2H my weapon roll a bunch of swings and stunlock the boss for 20% of its health, backstab it or outright attack it from borderline range cause the weapons hitbox is just that big. Unless you fight bosses using a dagger or a short sword, don't even bother talking about "lack of skill". Melee is so simplistic and braindead, especially when geared for it, it almost equal auto-piloting.

Does Elden Ring have pyromancy? I usually just go 2 hander with some pyromancy in case i need ranged damage.

>level 95
You're incredibly fucking overleveled, holy shit.
I've found that after failing to beat a boss that seems "impossible" after a few hours, sometimes I come back and suddenly I'm able to time the dodging just right and somehow it works.

just use hoarfrost stomp on a melee weapon, its better than any spell. fast as fuck like pebble and does a fuckton of AOE damage. Shit is beyond broken.

There are certain abilities/powers in the game that are absurdly overpowered.

It's not though. Learning which direction and the timing for rolling to do no-damage boss kills is not as easy as you'd think.

What level am I supposed to be after finishing Lyndell? Every single knight gives 1800 runes. Every single World Boss on Radahn's meme continent gives 50,000+. The fucking valkyrie infront of the Colosseum gives like 2 levels in Runes alone.

Lyndell shits out runes. Even if you were skipping exploring everywhere else you'd end up at like level 80+ if you explored all of Lyndell when you got there.

>If I want to play Elden Ring on easy made
Confirmed emotional response. So angry, he's unable to see glaring typos.
If Melee is so easy, then you shouldn't be having any problems with your magic build. Just dodge the attacks. Why are you even getting hit all the time?

Pyromancy seems to have been split into Sorceries and Incantations, mostly incantations. All the flame spells are in incantations but then you get all the magma spells in sorceries and some of the fog spells in there as well, on top of that you have the dragon spells which count as incantations but the also require a third ability "arcane" which is like the games luck. I'm a bit annoyed myself since sorceries seem pretty lackluster compared to incantations and I'm using all three so my stats are a mess.

The problem is the windup time and inability to cancel it makes most magic worthless IMO. Like I can effectively use pebble against a boss like Godfrey, First Elden Lord as if I was using an abnormally long spear to poke him in-between each stomp or axe fling, but any other spell would take too long and get me caught in the windup, a rather boring play style emerges because of this.

>If Melee is so easy, then you shouldn't be having any problems with your magic build
Maybe you should try to actually play a magic build in this game. I basically cheesed the entire game until I finished Nokron and the remainder of the Underground world using the Crystal Sword and stunlocking most of the enemies into submission, simply dodge-rolling and r1'ing them. It was boring as hell. I didn't do this because I wanted to, but because spells are fucking useless. Even using Pebble's gets you punished half the time. I don't know what to tell you if you think that dodge-rolling into spell-casting is somehow more effective than simply picking up a melee weapon. You Pebble cast in melee range? You get punished for sure. You Pebble cast from mid-long range? You get in a single cast every few attack rotations. Meanwhile with a fast melee weapon you just roll and exploit windows dealing as much damage with a single r1 as you do with a Pebble. Stop pretending to have actually played magic in this.

>play a magic build in this game. I basically cheesed the entire game until I finished Nokron

And this is why you suck ass at the game, you never had to learn and you pay for it ,good riddance go hang yourself harry potter

bitch colossal weapons are the weakest in elden ring. 2 handed is simply too slow. you gotta perfectly times your rolls because the recovery after hitting is way too long, often longer then the bosses retarded attack spam.

Yes, I cheesed the game playing melee, the builds you people pretend to be hard. Are you illiterate? What qualifies as learning the game? Aren't you jokers always arguing that dodge-rolling into r1 is learning the game?

user I'm gonna level with you here, casting speed is tied to dex and you have a measly 17. that's probably why you can't find good casting times.

also if you keep pressing the cast button with a spell like pebble or even the higher tier versions of pebble you'll keep casting them without the windup

How does that highlight them sucking exactly? The most efficient way to beat any souls game is usually considered "cheese", and most fights can hardly can be considered fair so I really don't see your point. As an example lets consider Preceptor Miriam, classified as an "invader" they use the player model but are in no way restricted like the player is, they have unlimited FP, thousands of health and assloads of damage resistance, and at the end of the fight they can teleport mid spell charge removing the main flaw of casting. What exactly is being good at this game to you when every fight is heavily weighed against you? Abuse of i-frames trained to perfection to avoid all damage? The ability to clear every boss in a way you don't consider "cheese"?

Even with 50+ int you deal virtually no damage and need 3-6 Pebbles to kill a minor Gargoyle. Without at least 30 Vigor you literally just die one shot to any AoE. Where do you imagine someone gets the free point from to casually dump into Dex? You probably can't even kill most bosses in this game without running out of mana pots to chug.
Please actually play the game if you think this game's incredibly aggressive bosses allow you to cast multiple Pebbles uninterrupted. Maybe if you use summons.

I am pretty sure he didn't even finish reading my post. When he read "cheese" he simply assumed I was refering to spell casting. Didn't make it to the point where I explained that "cheesing" this game is dodge-rolling + r1 or Ashes abuse. No spell could ever trivialize content like the Crsytal Sword's Spin AoW.

i hit 120 before entering lyndell. killing bosses gives way too many souls. the lord of blood guy gave me 400,000 souls

Attached: 1627259204177.png (657x527, 13.38K)

Exactly. So how am I overleveled? If anything, it felt like I was actually underleveled when I finished it at ~85.

I don't think you're even supposed to kill most field bosses until you've finished Lyndell to be honest.

>without running out of mana pots to chug.
It's getting closer and closer, I'm often out of pots and nearly out of mana when the boss dies. It's funny that even the "blood" magic costs FP alongside health, mages have no staying power when compared to melee.

>Even with 50+ int you deal virtually no damage
I've actually abandoned int mostly since the damage gains seem inconsequential and proceeded to go mind/faith mostly.

>Without at least 30 Vigor
This right here is the most annoying thing for me, I had 9 vigor for the longest time, but the amount of bullshit seemingly inescapable AoE (While the phase change damage Rhadann does with the meteor might be escapable I've yet to do it since by the time I spot where it's coming from it hits) forced me to level Vigor. The amount of damage most moves do is ridiculous in general, 9 vigor usually means if you get hit once you are dead no matter the source.