A thread for giant robots or some shit

a thread for giant robots or some shit.

Attached: OIP.bgdFVTOn0aOa8VNWMtNzowHaIq.jpg (474x554, 49.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bz5OhCSQna-JYW9PUl9nakF5TU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any 3d mecha-centric games where I fight in and out of the mecha other than titanfall?

The only one I can think of is Mechassault 2

I wanna say Shogo but I have yet to play it, also this game.

Attached: OIP.txXjK2KVMhfC1nkxbRYTMgHaIB.jpg (474x513, 37.67K)

>Reactors Online
>Sensors Online
>Weapons Online
>All Systems Nominal

Can this shit still be played on modern operating systems? I'm about to go download some ISOs.

MechWarrior 2 can just run in Dosbox.
MechWarrior 3 can be a real bitch but generally dgVoodoo is the key
MechWarrior 4 runs out of the box. There's even some nice widescreen patches/mods for it.

>MechWarrior 2 can just run in Dosbox.
I only had the windows versions, but I guess I'll look into the DOS versions.

There's the Mechwarrior quadrilogy on someone's Google Drive that is compatable with newer operating systems.

Please share!

Oh, well the windows versions of MW2 are a true nightmare. You'll end up using Dosbox-X anyways to run Windows 95. Easier to just use the original DOS versions unless you absolutely want that 3DFX "eye-candy".

>3DFX "eye-candy"
I do, I really do.

docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bz5OhCSQna-JYW9PUl9nakF5TU0

the quadrology isn't perfect and abit outdated. MW2Mercs is the buggy as shit 1.0 release. You'll need to patch it. Also it runs outdated versions of dgVoodoo. Still though the quadrology is nice.

Is Mechwarrior 2 the best version?

Attached: 1A7B13C4-140B-4498-A3EF-C900D32E4BB1.jpg (800x536, 73.02K)

Or is Mechwarrior 3 better?

Attached: 80D91D42-C915-47BC-9B2C-1450B86EEF4C.jpg (414x500, 66.45K)

If you purely mean MW2 (Not GBL or Mercs) vs MW3 then I personally prefer MW3 for it's more immersive elements. But I can see why some might prefer MW2. MW2 for sure has the better presentation.

Thanks lads

Anyone ever played a mech game on the N64? I remember being able to choose from 3 mechs which each had a special ability and that you can customize it with weapons and shit before each mission. I'm pretty sure it was first person although it could have been third person too. Does it ring any bells?

Are you sure it was N64. I cant reall think of mecha games on N64. PS1 has Armored Core, PC: MechWarrior Heavy Gear, and Saturn had things like Gungriffon and Virtual On.

Fantastic game, highly recommend. Game has some hot girls too, which is a plus.

Attached: 1622326711309.jpg (1600x1200, 296.03K)

Thinking back now it actually might have been a PS1 game. Definitely wasn't Armored Core though.