This game is the most obvious shilling operation in history

This game is the most obvious shilling operation in history

Attached: Valheim_2021_logo.jpg (460x212, 39.81K)

You guys can't just call every popular videogame a billion dollar shill campaign just because you don't like it
Some people just have shit taste

explain

Attached: 1625435810791.jpg (1170x1163, 85.16K)

>shilling operation
What does that mean?

>Early access game developed by literally who releases
>Suddenly every single streamer and youtuber plays it and declares it as an incredible 10/10 game
>Millions of people buy it
>The devs run off with the money

there are 44 elden ring threads in the catalog at this very moment

nah that goes to either Noita or Rainworld

>Early access game developed by literally who releases
>Game is a perfect streamer-bait type of game so naturally attracts some FOTM streamers that are looking for a new game to play
>Which expands to more streamers/content crators wanting to get in on the views
>which leads to their viewers playing the game
>millions of people buy it
>Devs spend the first year doing heavy bug fixes and general overhauls they didn't expect to find or have to do because they expected their game to be niche and fly under the radar
>instead of hiring a bunch of pajeets to shit out content they are determined to remain the small indie team of 4-5 people and will continue working on the project at the same speed they worked on it before hand
Literally the most organic game growth I've seen on years.

great game for $20 and launched in excellent shape, but devs definitely bailed with all the money and are only putting a token effort into updates, which is insanely disappointing. i got my money's worth, but i really wish they would've brought this game to the next level while people still cared about it.

Attached: 28734912378.gif (220x165, 80.21K)

>Devs run off with the money

They're continually updating the game lmao. If you don't like the game or think it's shit that's fine, but this retarded conspiracy theory that it's only popular due to massive paid shilling (how the fuck would a literal who studio even be able to afford that?) is just ridiculous. Obscure, nonsensical shit gets wildly popular all the time thanks to normie social media constantly chasing fads. I don't think games are shilled, I think they just benefit from streamers and wannabe influencers constantly chasing whatever fad is generating the most views that week.

You're a retard. The game got big by word of mouth. Still getting updated to this day too.
Hating popular stuff doesn't make you interesting.

Keep crying little bitch. Update came out yesterday and the next one will come out in a few months, go suck a dick you obsessed loser.

How the fuck do you suppose two dirt poor devs had the money to bribe every single streamer to shill their game?

So like every fotm early access game

I never said it was paid-for shilling, but it is obviously entirely popular due to streamers. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs planned something there. Then you have faggots like
Who seem to think the game is the second coming of Christ despite many of it's objectively bad flaws.

I really want to know why these anti-valheim fags exists.
What do you get out of spreading lies like this?

I want you to point to where, in any of those posts you quoted, someone described Valheim as anything approaching the second coming of Christ.

I had fun with it for over 100 hours on release. Worth the money even without any updates if you ask me.

I'm pointing to my monitor right now. That's where it is, see it?

>I never said it was paid-for shilling
The word 'shill' literally means someone who has a connection to, is paid by, or otherwise benefits from promoting something you stupid faggot. If it's not paid-for or they're not working for the company they aren't shills.

Lmao I didn't even play it, so your grand idea is that the streamers did it F O R F R E E?
Are you retarded?

>game enters early access in a better state than some AAA game
>devs enjoy their hard work and take time with future updates
>Any Forums and steam forum trannies claim the devs took the money and ran
>update after update
>UHHH OK THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN...NOW!
imagine shitting on this gem.
you deserve the garbage AAA studios put out.

>I never said it was paid-for shilling
Do you shitposting retards even know what "shill" means? It's almost like you are using words you don't know the meaning off.

>*hack* *cough* FUCK MY THROAT HARDER VALHEIM!
>WHAT A *gulp* GEM!

so no one?
so basically you're just mad a game that you didn't particularly like got big and you can't understand why because you don't like it?

m8 Any Forums isn't the same person

the good
>game has inviting art direction and great atmosphere
>is about viking with souls-like combat
>players can permanently manipulate environment
>allows to host your own custom server (or locally) with mods
the bad
>performance tanks after building a few structures even on strong machines
>floaty/laggy at times, bad netcode
>extremely slow travel, without mods you will spend hours on the boat staring into the distance with nothing to do
the ugly (and the reason why nobody plays it anymore)
>90% of the game is riding your boat, mining ore, waiting for it to smelt, and planting crops over and over again, while only 10% is fun exploration, combat and building
>extremely little content and barely anything added in over a year
with the current speed they are going, this game will probably be worth checking out in 5 years, but my bets are that the devs will fight over the money, split up and leave the project before it happens.

Attached: valheim_center.jpg (1920x1080, 866.32K)

hope you get cancer, faggot shitposter

Just to add Smash is considered big here but I fucking hate fighting vidya and smash but I don't go around like a retard calling people shills