Why do autists defend this game when it forces you to do side quests just to beat the game and has unskippable...

Why do autists defend this game when it forces you to do side quests just to beat the game and has unskippable cutscenes before every boss?

Attached: ffx.jpg (800x800, 131.27K)

Dumb zoomer

you mean I must play the game to beat it?

You WILL complete the side quests and you WILL NOT complain

Attached: 917.png (811x1049, 164.29K)

>forces you to do side quests just to beat the game
I distinctly remember using brotherhood all the way to braskas final aeon my first playthrough and some staff I got from a chest in a cloister of fayth
>unskippable cutscenes before every boss?
product of its time and theres only a handful of bosses that should be able to kill you blind

Because it’s the last good FF game.
That was 2001.
It’s been over 20 years.
Why is this corpse of a franchise still around anyway?

>good FF game
If this piece of shit is considered a good FF game I would hate to see how bad the others one are

If you have to complete them, are they side quests?

As a kid the final fantasy franchise was always 'that weird japanese series' and I never gave it any attention, I now see that observation was correct and nothing of value was missed out on

Ff8 was the beginning of etyle over substance for FF, but this game takes the fucking cake, or it would if 13 didn't exist. It is literally a hallway simulator where the best weapon is a football that the main character can't even use despite being the best football player. It created a generation of weird cosplayers that don't care about story or quality writing. You cannot comprehend how much I hate this fucking game

The side quests are the only good part of the game in the first place.

I don't actually understand people who enjoyed the actual campaign though.

Yes. They aren't part of the main storyline. But the fucking idiots that made this game decided that they shouldn't be optional like in any other game. It just ruins the fun when you're forced to go out of your way to do some minigame or some other bullshit quest that doesn't advance the story

you can blitz the entire game without doing a single spec of side content
you get more than enough xp if you dont run from anything(especially if you get overkills on bosses which is easy as shit with pretty much any overdrive)

You can't defeat Braska's final aeon without some fucking gimmicky aeon or item that you get from side quests. Maybe if you grind for 20 hours and get to an absurd level to brute force the fight. I don't mind a fair bit of grinding, but this shit is just frustrating

>having trouble with anything in FFX that isnt the superbosses
lmao

hastega and quick hit spam dont require any grinding user
Even if you spam aeon overdrives or fire gems or just buff up with cheer x5 its not that hard
Enemies inside sin give like 10k+ xp each to

As someone that’s not into FF. Remake was great and fun.

Not the guy and I hate FFX, but it is good (read subpar adequate and functional) and what came after was bad (truly offensively awful). It may seem outrageous to you right now, but it is how it is.

Auron is a hard carry party member with his debuff and raw power and you only need one healer. What are you talking about?

>ability does 2600 damage to entire team with one move
>combos into a melee attack for another 2500
>one shots your entire team
It's just so easy to not get one hit over the course of 20 turns while you slowly damage the boss that's constantly healing. Fuck off. You have to kill him fast or you will die
>debuff the boss
>gets debuff removed next turn and heals
You can't debuff this boss. You have to cheese it with game breaking moves

It is baffling that with all the ports, no one suggested putting in a skip cutscene button like with its sequel.

Because literal autists designed this game and won't allow any changes to their "masterpiece" because autistic people hate change

user use buffs, and you can always swap in yuna to emergency summon an aeon to tank a hit
You can also very much can debuff him you just have to kill the yu padogas which only have 5k hp
cheer x5 and protect will make his attacks tickle
and hastega+quick hit makes you get like 5x the attacks he does(which you can use mega potions or better if needbe)

X2 was ok

???
Just get good user

NO user
USING THE GOOD ENDGAME SKILLS IS CHEESY AND GAMEBREAKING