Is video game piracy even worth justifying or defending it in 2022?

Is video game piracy even worth justifying or defending it in 2022?

Attached: Piracy.jpg (496x331, 13.19K)

why should anyone have to justify piracy?

>worth justifying

Nah, yah just fuckin do it

it's always ALWAYS correct to pirate games
you're still a faggot if you try to defend it, just pirate it and be proud to be an asshole

Attached: giphy.gif (360x242, 198.79K)

>implying it needs any justifying or defending in current year
Whats confusing you ask and I will answer.

Digital piracy is not theft, because theft would suggest a loss.
90% of pirates wouldn't have bought the product in the first place, and since most publishers have done away with the concept of demos, people have resorted to piracy so they can try a product before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

This
If you put no demo of your game,be sure I'll pirate it Just to drop it 5 hours in,so THAT'S why you put no demo up uh?

what are (You) gonna do about it?

Get fucked buyfags
I will pirate everything for as long as it is possible
Once it isn't, I will play older games that I also have pirated
I will never buy
I don't care if devs lose jobs
I only care about how many games I can get for free

Attached: pirates win.jpg (1810x1040, 656.24K)

Codex and Plaza are gone, incoming dark ages?

Depends. Not everybody is living in a country where buying a $60 game is not a significant investment.

Yeah, why not?
I’m not gonna pay $70 for a game when I can test and see if it’s crap by pirating. Many times developers don’t release their games ready on launch and straight up rob people. The fact that you pay money for shitty content proves your a moron.

You act like they were doing any heavy lifting in the first place.

They did crack denuvo a couple of times, if they didn't do the heavy lifting then who did

In my country a lot of games get censored, although I'm adult I can't access these games officially.

This are the games I'm pirating.

Another case was the game "CrossCode" where I bought it on PS5, but the DLC is still not available and the devs are silent about any updates. So I pirated CrossCode with dlc to play it.

the heavy lifting? empress
codex and plaza's value was consistently uploading and updating lots of easy games
if you wanted the latest and greatest AAA denuvo, you had to hope empress had gotten to it
but for all the rest, you usually ended up with the latest version codex/plaza released
thankfully, what codex/plaza were doing is easy in and of itself. so hopefully no vacuum will form
but they were doing an awful lot of it

Honestly, this.
Unless you esclusively play AAA denuvo games,this may become a big hit (at least for a while,until someone take that space)

More than ever

AAA games trying to charge $70 I'm sure will popularize it a little.

If you want to avoid piracy, actually update your game post release and price it well. On top of that, people pirate usually because they don't have money. Eg.) Live in a 3rd world country + sales tax on every game. You can't just yell and shake money out of them.

I hope a pack of rabid niggers pirate your asshole

As long as companies continue scummy business practices, I will continue to pirate. Both you and they can seethe as much as you/they want. How about you stop releasing your games in obvious alpha/beta states and riddling your garbage game with DLC and microtransactions? How about setting out to make a game that's good and ready on release day?
Also, $70 is a laughable price to ask for a fucking video game. $40 is already pushing it. I have never spent more than $20 on a video game, and never will.

Attached: 819966-the-secret-of-monkey-island-fm-towns-screenshot-ain-t-that.png (640x480, 32.12K)

people crying about piracy seem unaware of the fact that a majority of pirates don't pirate games because they're cheapskates who don't want to pay, but because they straight up can't get it. russia is a good example of this, piracy for games there was rampant because nobody wanted to make games available for sale there. then steam came along, and there was a noticable drop in piracy, because now people could get stuff legitimately.
of course, most people nowadays CAN get stuff legitimately, but the problem of "can't get games at all" evolved into "games available legitimately is inferior to game available through piracy". and if you fucked up so badly that a game obtained illegally is superior to a game obtained legally, you deserve to lose sales.

Attached: 1642604650059.jpg (288x266, 9.95K)

Are you fucking stupid, Codex and Plaza cracked arond 10k games in the last couple years, denuvo games included, empress cracked a few dozen games and that's it lmao, fucking delusional