Kotaku and Gizmodo Media Group workers strike

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-03-01-kotaku-and-gizmodo-media-group-workers-strike

>The Gizmodo Media Group Union went on strike today, with staff at Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Lifehacker, and The Root all halting work and asking people not to visit their sites for the duration of the strike.

>The group's existing contract with G/O Media expired last night, and the union identified a number of issues on which it could not come to an agreement with the company for a new contract.

>"Since January 31, the Gizmodo Media Group Union (GMG Union) and G/O's Media's outside counsel have met five times," GMG Union said. "Every session, the company's outside counsel sidestepped and delayed, refusing to provide written counterproposals to the union's good-faith proposals. How can you bargain a contract when the people across the table won't even clearly state what they're advocating for?"

>The union said G/O Media was refusing to add work-from-home flexibility into the contract or commit to keeping its remote workers remote. (Earlier this year, G/O Media saw almost half of The AV Club staff depart when they were given the choice of relocating to Los Angeles or losing their jobs.)

>The union also criticized the company as being unwilling to commit to healthcare standards for trans employees, sufficient parental leave, or diversity hiring initiatives, as well as "lowballing" salaries.

>"Kotaku staff is [very] trans, non-binary, and genderqueer," Kotaku editor-in-chief Patricia Hernandez said on Twitter. "I stand with them, and everyone else at G/O Media fighting for better working conditions to make the content that you love."

>The union said 93% of its membership participated in a strike authorization vote, and 100% of those voting were in favor of the action. It has also set up a strike fund to support its workers.

>G/O Media did not immediately return a request for comment.

Attached: file.png (580x402, 124.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww
blog.taboola.com/how-much-do-websites-make-from-ads/#:~:text=Website Revenue From Ads,day or $300 a month.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This has nothing to do with video games.

> don’t go these awful websites
> now forced to visit websites to shit on the contributors

Very odd scenario.

Please let this kill Kotaku.

>asking people not to visit their sites for the duration of the strike.
I never visited their sites to begin with. I disabled my ad blockers and opened each site in a new tab once I read further down the OP and saw it was about trans rights

>unionizing a profession with zero barrier to entry and thousands of workers grasping for a "chance"
Admittedly a pretty dull man, but this seems foolish.

>Kotaku staff is [very] trans, non-binary, and genderqueer
Why are they like this?

If this kills those retards, I'm all for it

This strike will work because no one goes there anyway. That said, should we bomb it by boosting traffic to obscene levels to scab them?

youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww
Looks like Hulk Hogan is going to have to clean house, brother.

Jason Schreier suddenly wishes he had his job back. he inspired the idiots to revolt when they are unknowns anyways.

Attached: Hogan.jpg (473x338, 34.12K)

Welcome to Any Forums

Hallelujah! Our prayers have been heard!

>Kotaku staff is [very] trans, non-binary, and genderqueer

Why are Amerimutts like this?

>Kotaku, one of the shittiest video game media outlets, treats employees like shit
Who would have thought? I'm sorry, but if you're working for a company as bad as Kotaku I don't know what to tell you.

>blog shitters have a fucking Union while retail and warehouse workers do not
What a fucking clown world.

>"Since January 31, the Gizmodo Media Group Union (GMG Union) and G/O's Media's outside counsel have met five times," GMG Union said. "Every session, the company's outside counsel sidestepped and delayed, refusing to provide written counterproposals to the union's good-faith proposals.

GMG is literally pushing them into striking as an excuse to clean house. They made it very clear they're fed up with the woke shit shen they told Deadspin to "stick to sports" last year. They also relocated The AV Club last year and told everyone not willing to move to fuck off.

>a bunch of shitty people who work for shitty sites are having a tantrum
Oh no, who will write a blog post about Honduran ladyboy crack dealers now?

Attached: HAHAHAHA.gif (200x150, 966.06K)

What workers?

>you WILL bend to our will or we just wont blog anymore, how do you like that eh? bigot

What power do you think a videogame journalist union has?

These dumb fucks can literally be replaced overnight for half the cost

Operation Hulkamania is go.

Step 1: Disable Ad Blocker. I hate it but we need to be able to see the ads.

Step 2:
Figure out a way to spam clicks, views, and other monetary enhancements for the duration of the strike. We basically make so much money that these plebbit websites figure out that they can make MORE money without the journos then with.

blog.taboola.com/how-much-do-websites-make-from-ads/#:~:text=Website Revenue From Ads,day or $300 a month.

This is a link explaining the general process.

Step 3:
Create some great Hulkamania oc motivating the troops to do their part to scab these fucks into oblivion.

Is everyone ready? GO!

Attached: hulkhogan7.jpg (1024x600, 49.62K)