People here are rating Elden Ring low in the soulsborne hierarchy because it's new and trendy and they want to be...

People here are rating Elden Ring low in the soulsborne hierarchy because it's new and trendy and they want to be different. After the dust has settled and some time has passed, Elden Ring will the top soulsborne game on everyone's list. The only thing that MIGHT happen is that it'll be tied with Dark Souls 1.
This is the culmination of every good thing that's come from every fromsoft game. Everything else, including DS1, was just practice for Elden Ring.

Attached: 876.jpg (542x767, 75.61K)

Name a boss in Elden Ring as good as Isshin in Sekiro or the first time fighting Genichiro

Radahn

Elden Ring feels like a straight up step backwards from Sekiro. Being able to stand your ground against an opponent without having to roll through their combo strings autistically was amazing.

t. didn't play an endurance-focused build with a 100 shield.
Either that or you missed the shield counter tutorial.
Blocking has been incredibly buffed in Elden Ring, it's more viable than it's ever been since Demon's Souls and DS1.

Sekiro is all narrative driven, including the arenas you fight the bosses in and what attacks they use. With souls bosses, you need to read into it a lot more to understand who you're even fighting sometimes. Think about it; both of those bosses you mentioned are just humanoid, and, by all rights, should be boring. Tons of souls bosses have tons of crazy designs that move strangely, but it doesn't matter.

Not to mention, the Sekiro combat system intentionally made it close and personal with the parry, counter, deathblow system.

>picked the class that starts with a 100 shield
>try to block the horse guy
>entire stamina bar depleted in one hit
very viable

>blocking
what are you a pussy? the only reason to use a shield is to parry and thats it

You're supposed to run past the tree sentinel and level up, not fight him right away retard. He's just there to give you a sense of progression so you can come back and kill him after a few hours of gameplay after getting your ass kicked at the start.

It's an absolute masterpiece and I'm loving every second of it but I understand how it might divide some who preferred the linear design and dislike open world. It does seem like a lot of people are getting confused by how open it is. But there's also legit criticism like some recycled dungeons or how spammy some of the bosses are.
T. Enjoyer of both linear and open world design

>People here are rating Elden Ring low in the soulsborne hierarchy because it's new and trendy and they want to be different.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just snoys trembing because their big exclusive game might be losing relevance
They did the same shit five minutes after DS3 and Sekiro came out.
It's not about the games themselves, or even having played them at all, let alone to completion, it's about justifying their purchasing decisions and satiating primitive tribal urges

It's weird for those people to complain though, since the main story legacy dungeons like Stormveil Castle was basically the size of entire Dark Souls 1 zones, and they have the same linear interconnected fuck-you design decisions as classic fromsoft games.

The guard boost stat is more important than the defence value of a shield. It dictates how much stamina you lose when you block.

It's literally all the bad parts of souls without a lot of the good parts

>needing to justify spending $350 on a console 13 years ago
Meds

Why can't these stupid niggers keep their shit to one or even two threads?

Strange I killed him first before anybody else.

Because the threads are so active that they fill up immediately and all nuanced discussion is drowned out. Every new topic about the game needs its own thread because of the sheer volume of discussion about the game right now.

Does op's bs look like nuanced anything?

I am OP, yes my thread looks nuanced to me.

The more condensed worlds of previous games vs this game's open world is definitely gonna be the big divider going forward.

not really, but the more i play the more crazy shit i find.
The main problem with the game is how much time it takes to actually start being interesting and how spastic the bosses are, not to mention the gank galore.
It`s a great game if you take the time to unfold it.

This is true of every fromsoft game though, it's what makes them special. The cool parts are never advertised up front. You stumble upon them yourself, often deep into the game.