Game dev thread

how is your game coming along assholes

Attached: 1580583450774.jpg (1280x720, 92.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1grgtud1asnC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Implementing missions. Here is "reach the goal while constantly jumping", it's really fun but also fucking hard.

Attached: missionmode.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

i decided to make a separate boss theme specifically for pirate-based bosses
vocaroo.com/1grgtud1asnC
i'm proud of it, i feel like i've improved a lot since i started the project even if not as much as i feel i should've

>tfw perpetually burnt out jack-of-all-trades

Attached: 1374023210675.png (457x700, 401.89K)

Not bad. Doesn't really scream pirate to me but it's catchy

I decided to stop posting progress in those threads. I get literally 0 (You)'s but once I will be on top people will still find a way to dig through archive to claim my game originated on Any Forums. No (You)'s no Any Forums success.

Any tutorial for applying textures to big 3D objects like buildings? I don't know if I make a tall building with lots of windows, pipes and shit if I need several materials, texture atlases, split the object into multiple models or how that works. All 3D tutorials are "here's this small 3D object and here's the texture, UV unwrap it and done". I need to know how you can design a small city, a factory or whatever and give textures to it.

>split the object
its smarter to start out with multiple models, put them together and turn them into one big object eventually

use this as an example, obviously the objects in the middle are their own 3D models but what about the walls, pipes and the stairs, also one texture atlas or many different textures

Attached: 1024[1].jpg (1024x576, 56.11K)

>have to market my game
>strength of my game is in its writing
Well this is fun.

Attached: 1617154119093.png (323x262, 54.38K)

Nobody cares about my game. Why even post?

post it and if we like what we see we will care

I wouldn't turn everything into one model, just shit like buildings and stuff. All the stuff that needs to move with another model when it gets moved, basically.
>one texture atlas or many different textures
Baking it into a texture atlas reduces look up times at runtime, so probably that.

I never get replies when I post about it in these threads, and I'm not gonna post it now.

If you are this desperate for validation or even money, game development is literally the worst possible activity you could engage in.

Atlases are obsoletes aside from maybe saving a tiny little bit of vram. Modern hardware allows you to bind thousands of textures at the same time.

He's still giving me fuck me eyes

>I'm doing it for (You)s, boo-hoo, boo-hoo
Make the game you'll enjoy yourself, stop caring about others

Those aren't fuck me eyes, he's just severely depressed.

Had to stop developing for a while to focus on work, but I also need to think of a puzzle that'll lead to a spider-monster girl scene and I'm drawing a blank on what it could be.

Attached: 1645109440425m.jpg (1024x774, 66.56K)

Because he needs me to fuck him

I'm just stating there's 0 reason to post in these threads aside from attention whoring. I've never got any kind of feedback from here.

-up to 10 bars (26 slots each)
-each bar can have its properties changed (pic rel)
-move bars based on a set grid
-JSON profiles you can save, load, share
-each slot can be assigned a binding (gamepad compatible) with up to 2 modifiers

Everything can be moved and most icons can be disabled (e.g. the character icon next to the health bar).

Are there any other features I can add or change for the action bar system?

Attached: unknown.png (1778x981, 456.25K)

Ok.

Why do people always want to fuck the characters in my games? First Paperball, now this.

Attached: sadshi.png (886x712, 344.6K)

>I've never got any kind of feedback from here
Have you posted something playable first of all?

That's not the only way to get feedback, you know?

you did paperball? interesting

Attached: 1629829947489.png (580x435, 298.56K)

I'm working on a tileset editor, I've gotten it to the point where it's technically working.

I've a lot of QoL work to implement, oh and to the user that said, just use Aseprite..... no!

Attached: Tiley.webm (1280x720, 1.44M)