Godot

Is this piece of software capable of make bideo games or people are just messing around with it because "muh foss"? Sega actually used this to make sonic colors? Is this a meme engine?

Attached: Godette.jpg (659x466, 34.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/ProgrammingAndScripting/ProgrammingWithCPP/DownloadingSourceCode/
o3de.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sonic Colors Ultimate runs like shit, Cruelty Squad runs like shit and everything else made with it is Commiefornian indie pixelshit, what do you fucking think?

Meme engine, just use fucking Unity or GameMaker 2.

What kind of toaster do you have for cruelty squad to run like shit

but unity doesnt run well on my toaster and gamemaker 2 has a subscription payment method now. The dream is dead.

>Unity

You can't even change the default splash screen without paying at least $40/month or $399/year for a Plus subscription plan.

>GameMaker 2.

Requires you to pay a subscription fee just to export your game to desktop and an even higher tier if you're exporting a mobile version.

Imagine paying $1,800 per year just to gain access to the source code.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 13-38-24 Compare Unity plans Pro vs Plus vs Free Choose the best 2D - 3D engine for your project .png (1903x947, 132K)

>Can't even change the default splash screen without paying.
Who cares, it's just a splash screen.

>Requires you to pay a subscription fee just to export your game to desktop and an even higher tier if you're exporting a mobile version.
They went back on this decision and now you can buy the standalone version and do this, subscription still exists and you get advantages tho.

it's supposed to be easy to use and even has an app dedicated to teach you how to use their code language
the engine just isn't that popular
the sonic colors port was also a rush job from an outside studio and most glitch footage was from a switch emulator

Unity chan is cuter.
Therefore, it's a better gamedev tool.

Wait for Godot 4

Kek, even Epic Games gives you access to Unreal Engine's source code for free.

docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/ProgrammingAndScripting/ProgrammingWithCPP/DownloadingSourceCode/

Attached: file.png (1102x916, 634.79K)

Unity Devs
>Developing on a game engine that has many features that are literally half-finished
>Previous systems are deprecated with no replacement
>Company has no direction on where to go
>Company went IPO to maximize profits

Godot Devs
>Developing on a game engine that has never had a full real release to the market
>Associated with massive shills (shills always praise Godot)
>Untested
>Missing lots of features

UE Devs
>Developing on a game engine that has proven themselves many times over
>A multi-billion dollar game (Fortnite) uses it and is developed by the same company that develops the game engine (so the game engine is legit made for developing real games)
>Company that showers you with massive loads of free super high quality assets (Quixel, Artstation, free assets every month paid for by Mr. Sweeney), shows they care about the developers
>Doesn't stagnate and continues to release cutting edge technological features (Lumen, Nanite, etc)

Pop.

why does Godot get shilled so hard, it's like you niggers have heard of only it

Attached: me.jpg (309x347, 32.17K)

It's FOSS and fully royalty-free.

What the fuck is it with blue/white/green color-themed characters being fucking ugly?

Attached: 1555729423391.jpg (600x337, 42.23K)

O3DE is where it's at now.

o3de.org/

Attached: o3de.png (920x460, 105.68K)

Wasn't that 50/50 Blind Squirrel trying to defraud sega and sell their rebranded version of Godot, and them being incompetent developers?

Attached: belingus.jpg (1000x1000, 71.81K)

I pronounce it like Robot but with Go instead of Ro

You can't shill something that is free software

I wanted to dump a ton of my time into making my own Trading Card Game once I graduate. Which engine would be the best for making a card game?

Attached: 1587742992730.gif (691x827, 346.62K)