What was owning one of these like from 2012 - 2016?

What was owning one of these like from 2012 - 2016?

Attached: 1641009910518.jpg (400x400, 37.02K)

miserable and depressing, anyone who says otherwise is selling you something.

It existed so we pc chads could emulate it later

waiting for nintendo to do anything with it and when it finally started to get games NX rumors and talk started
then they pissed straight into our eyes with the switch, fuck nintendo

Attached: 1508286200751.jpg (260x194, 10.65K)

i bought a preowned console in 2014 and preordered mario kart 8 & super smash bros, that was a TIGHT year bruh
just that one year

Attached: toadin.jpg (382x380, 63.52K)

Painful.

What was the name of that obese bald guy that kept making wiiu hate threads?

As said, 2014 was it's only good year. 2016 was a complete wasteland. I do have good memories with stuff like Miiverse and playing Smash Wii U with friends. My PS3 kept me more busy, though.

awful but thankfully 3ds existed

I played video games.

Eh, depends what you were after. I just wanted something that would play my old wii games (wii had broken in 2012, and I was too busy to care really), and would store my favorite classic games. I have it to this day for that reason. Every couple of years I’ll dust it off to play Zelda and shit. Damn sure don’t need a fucking subscription, and I’ll never buy a Switch. Wii U was the end of Nintendo for me (first console was a SNES in 1995)

i had a lot of fun playing Nintendo Land of all thing, Nintendo should have remade the game for Switch imho

Bouts of no games but when you do get one, it was a hell of time.

Metroid blast was a blast

Based, I actually have a Wii U for the same reason. The virtual console on it contained all of the Wii’s (until 2018 I think) and all for the Wii U. All my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 titles are on it. The Wii U was the perfect dedicated nostalgia machine and still is with mods

I 100% agree. I used my Wii U more than my Switch in 2020 because of the sheer amount of games I was replaying. It is insane that when you Homebrew it, it essentially becomes THE Virtual Console even with the N64 WADs which are basically most good N64 games anyways

Fun, nothing will be as fun as 5 player sonic all stars in the same room and nintendo land

devil's third also had fun online and splatoon 1 is way better than 2 online.

2 is dogshit and everyone is fucking retarded in the timegated co-op mode

3D World was great. nSMBU and Luigi U were decent rehashes. Color Splash gets trashed but I enjoyed it. Problem is it's a bing bing machine.

I honestly really enjoyed it. Playing wind Waker and Twilight princess on it was really comfy with the gamepad, probably the best way to play those games. Like I knew basically the whole time it was a failure, but it was still really fun

I'm currently filling a 240GB SSD with games on a freshly homebrewed WiiU as we speak.
But damn, using a 32GB SD card to transfer back and forth, then installing them on the WiiU takes forever...

Attached: file.png (3853x2126, 874.38K)

Pretty good. I played the ever loving fuck out of Monster Hunter 3U and Smash Bros. Loved my some Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2. Club Nintendo was great back then and I got Tropickle Freeze and Wonderful 101 for free by stealing points. I also had ZombiU which was a neat tech demo that really utilized the meme tech but the game itself was not that good. I think I still have a few games I haven't even played on it.

Install NUSspli you stupid fuck.