How do you make slow weapons viable in a game where enemies attack super fast and give almost no windows to punish?

How do you make slow weapons viable in a game where enemies attack super fast and give almost no windows to punish?

Attached: colossal sword.jpg (415x538, 96.8K)

i haven't played your game but from the image i would assume reach :)

summon a buddy so they get attacked "super fast" and you can smash the boss faster, duh
>but but but
shhhhhhhhh

just jump attack. 2 or 3 and they stagger and you just smack them to death.

That's cheating

Use shield to block until the last attack and then guard counter

Attached: 1644764652180m.jpg (1024x683, 184.04K)

slow attacks are good though
>enemy does a bunch of shit
>opening
you either slam him once with a bigass weapon here or 2-3 times with a smaller weapon
>enemy does shit again
sometimes getting one huge attack in is better than getting two smaller ones in, also like some user before me said big weapons have big stagger values

>summoning
Might as well just use a gameshark or watch the game on youtube

Usually poise so you can create bigger openings
Some life leech mechanic so you can trade without killing yourself
A parry that creates a bigger opening for the weapon
Or a better movement ability so you can position yourself to swing faster
Or like, design your game so slow weapons don't lose out on all the openings?

Have Dark Souls fanboys never played a fighting game before?

>but but but
shhhhhhhhhhh

Most threatening enemies will outreach the biggest weapons

You have enough time to do a hit. It is the same for fast weapons, the difference is that fast weapons do shit damage so twohanding huge bonk is actually easy mode.

>is a game mechanic
>cheating
God, gotta love elitists

it's in the game

jumping r2's lol

You use the numerous mechanics that are given to you in order to distract enemies long enough to clear an opening. You can either strengthen your poise via items and stats, get big fucking shields, or use any number of Pokemon summons to tank damage while you go in for the kill. Never once has the game design suggested you need to solo+R1+roll spam, that's always just been some tryhard shit from retards who started with Dark Souls on the 360.

If you use summon ashes/players/NPCs to help kill a boss, make sure afterwards to check your steam achievement/trophy to see how much of a difference it made.

Using a shield seems to be more of a liability since most enemies can just eat through your stamina bar so quickly

>giving a flying fuck about game achievements or trophies, ever

I've been using that sword. Jumping attack one shots most things and you can tap crouch to get a fast poke that goes like 10 feet in front of you. (This is the ove you get out of rolls as well) I took some ash of war that makes me spin around for big groups. It's a really damn strong weapon.

Attached: e30410144613f89a6298ffadd4288fef.gif (540x304, 1.58M)

Find the move that you can roll cancel put of the fastest and use that until you find an opening for bigger, slower hit. Or pick a weapon art that has a metric fuckton of poise/hyper armor (like stomp) and abuse it to shit. Generally you're trading your hp for theirs with a UGS in DS games unless you can consistently outrange them, or bosses are slower (not really the case in this game but you can make it work). I've just been using the Stomp weapon art a lot more than I think I should and it's actually been working out. The game wants you to be aggressive with them so do just that. Unga. Or pick a normal GS that has a flip or something so you can whiff punish consistently.

>using r1's or even r2's when you could instead be casting a 6fp ash of war that has almost no recovery, massive area of effect and does around 600 damage on a +9 weapon

I am sure it's possible, but I can't really see UGS being useful on bosses like that anime backflip furry or hulk hogan zeus.

Anyone who's fought these two will see how ultra weapons will more than likely fall out of practicality even if it is theoretically possible. Slow weapons really got shafted hard in ER outside of potentially weird shit like jump attack spam.