I fail to see how anyone can get excited for this thing at all. Even when people start getting theirs...

I fail to see how anyone can get excited for this thing at all. Even when people start getting theirs, what are they going to be playing? The same games as me, but in 800p on a seven inch screen? That's laughable. But they can play it on a bus, you say? Neat, I can play mine from a nice, comfy sofa.

I just don't get it.

Attached: steam_deck.jpg (1400x1400, 128.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

electromix.co.uk/graphics-cards/8442-zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-2g-gddr5-288-2n454-000a8-dp-ss-graphic-card-el11638-za14c.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry, I'm not cancelling my preorder. You'll have to wait your turn.

I am 600lbs and can't get out of bed

This device will allow me to game in a far more ergonomic way

and you can use that overactive, groaning fan to cool yourself down! It's win-win, my gargantuan friend!

If you dont like handhelds you arent going to get it. Its an affordable and relatively powerful pc. Also 800p or whatever the fuck on a screen that small is going to look fine.

>Its an affordable and relatively powerful pc
hardly new. PCs can be made pretty cheap that are better than these, and nucboxes are kinda cheap now, too. If it's the handheld aspect you are fired up about, you're really overestimating the on-the-go meme.

Besides, as I say, it's not like you'll be playing anything different to the rest of us, just in much lower quality.

>who is this FOR?
Your mom.

Did we really need six months of basically the same thread every day? I hate you people. OP, if you're actually serious, you're literally autistic.

For me it's because it's more powerful than a standard laptop at the same price point, more portable than one, and most importantly, it has perfect Linux driver support.

>PCs can be made pretty cheap that are better than these,
Gpus cost a fortune what are you talking about. And as for "much lower quality" if youre talking about res, again, 800p on a small screen makes sense.

A GPU is only $500

>800p on a seven inch screen
What exactly is your point?
People are already making fun of it because the deck is too big, so I assume you don't mean the screen is too small for a portable system.
But also, 800p on a 7" screen is higher PPI than an average PC monitor or 4k TV, so I don't see an issue there either. It's pointless to drive the resolution up even further when the hardware would be unable to run the games anyway at those resolutions.
It's an optimal compromise.

This isn't a laptop.
You can get a 1050 cheap, and that's about as powerful as the deck equivalent? He's not wrong, you could make yourself one, or buy a nucbox or mini PC.

i was able to try it out in a dream and it was great. don't see what all the hate is about

>This isn't a laptop.
My point exactly. It's more portable than a laptop yet still more powerful than a similarly priced laptop. What's not to like?

>It's an optimal compromise.
except you literally can't read the text in a lot of games.

The only games I could imagine playing are simple 2D games like Stardew Valley or Hollow Knight and that would be exclusively on the go like the bus or something. Those games probably exist on the switch and then I can go home and play other games on the big screen by docking it. I don't really understand who this is for but I hope they enjoy it. Can you hook it up to a tv at least?

You literally never leave your parents house so you have no use for it
I travel so I have a use for it
End of story

electromix.co.uk/graphics-cards/8442-zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-2g-gddr5-288-2n454-000a8-dp-ss-graphic-card-el11638-za14c.html

a 1050 for a mini PC with ddr5 is currently £80.

Of course you can, and unlike the switch you can increase the docked resolution and even use FSR so it doesn't impact performance
You can also plug any controller you want in without needing adapters, unlike the switch
You can also play any game you want, unlike the switch
You can also use it for other things than games, unlike the switch (like watching movies on your tv)

Why not just get your company to pay for a laptop, then buy a gaming laptop? Or do you not get expenses? Maybe you travel economy or you pay for your own, like a pleb?

>out of stock
If I can't actually buy one for that price right now then it's not the real price. Find a store which actually has the product to sell, and their price is how much the product costs.

Not without a dock, no.
This guy is a nigger, who is lying to you for some insane reason.

No way I'm playing this shit on a bus or in public. I am going to lay on my couch plug the charger in and play Cities Skylines

Attached: 1599883834312.jpg (1883x1061, 617.74K)

>If I can't actually buy one for that price right now then it's not the real price
so how much is the deck?

I already had multiple laptops
Laptops are big and unwiedly and I'd have to carry a controller around on top of its fat ass, I want a handheld
Plus the deck is cheaper for the same performance
And I'm not a slave who works for others so I'm the one who pays for everything, imagine letting some random CEO take 99% of the value your work creates while he sits on his ass lol
A cable to plug your deck to your tv is 10$, tech illiterate and obviously brown-colored friend
Hell a third party dock costs just as much lol

>And I'm not a slave who works for others so I'm the one who pays for everything
If you were self-employed in any way, you'd know that you make expense claims for this kind of thing from the gov-t. Can you just admit that you're a third-world street shitter NOW, so I don't have to watch you dance around it like your bollywood heroes?

If you weren't a mutt, you'd know the laws are different in other countries. Can you just admit that you're an ignorant mutt NOW, so I don't have to watch you dance around it like your bollywood heroes?

August 31st bros where you at

>If you weren't a mutt, you'd know the laws are different in other countries
I'm not. Self-employed people can always claim back on tax for things? UK, US, EU, they all do it. Unless you live in fucking colombia or some shit, and you pay your dues to some greasy cartel?

If I put up a web page saying I'm selling it for $2 but then I write "in stock: 0", does that mean it's worth $2?

How do you get the date?

answer the question

It's not accurate. Just Google steam order calculator and follow the steps.

>ignorant mutt doubles down on his own ignorance and claims he knows better that a person who actually lives there
Every single time
Nice attempt at dodging the actual point btw
The deck is immensely better than a laptop for traveling, end of story

based dreamer

>The deck is immensely better than a laptop for traveling, end of story
Not really, no. When I am travelling, I only really have time for gaming when I am in hotels, on the plane, etc. Stationary, easy to set up a laptop. hell, planes are literally set up for it, and offer free luggage for laptops.

I don't see how a handheld with a seven inch screen is any better.

how are you going to get to the mailbox, think user think, you have to move either way.

Says I'm getting mine tomorrow. So fucking hype bros.

I did. The price is fake if no product is ever sold for that price. But there are Steam Decks being sold for MSRP even if you didn't get in line yet. Meanwhile I don't see any indication that the GPU linked above has recently been or soon will be in stock for the listed price.