Ok but why the slideshow opening?

Ok but why the slideshow opening?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 105.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K_03kFqWfqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like it. Its more mysterious. That way you dont expect it when you find the npcs (like astraea in demon souls). In dark souls 3 i already knew how the bosses looked like, would have been cool to be shocked at aldrich being a blob

Here..... some you find them as npcs, others... well there is some surprises

because it makes irrelevant shazam tranny future suicides so angry they compulsively make pointless threads on a laotian pottery firing board.

Why not? The art is really good and makes you excited to see the real thing.

Attached: 1592213518896.jpg (1600x683, 272.02K)

This. The cgi version is souless in comparison

youtu.be/K_03kFqWfqs

I mean it's clearly hugely superior. Even the original reveal cinematic was superior.

The only CGI openings that held any relevance in the other games are Dark Souls 1 and Sekiro, because of how they established the setting and wove a succinct historical narrative. The others are either too ambiguous, completely irrelevant, or simply representative of a vision of the game that wasn't entirely achieved.
I think, owing to its luxurious five year development time, Elden Ring is finally the game that has delivered on pretty much everything Fromsoft set out to achieve. A sumptuous CGI opening setting the mood for it simply isn't necessarily because the in-game content is so on point.

Or, it could just be budgetary reasons.

Too bad the actual open world is full of visual clutter so you feel like you're actually going blind

>literally autism

This is the only complaint I had with the game. The opening cutscene with a bunch of cool assholes you're gonna have to tangle with is always the coolest part, why turn them into jpgs? Hell a few of them already had animations from the original trailer they can use.

THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER

That artwork is really nice, and the game throws it away outside of a few vistas. Exploring feels like I can't see anything. I'm having to take a break because I am feeling so absolutely overwhelmed at looking for stuff and straining my eyes. The game looks nice, but it makes it hard to see anything for it--outside of your glowing item pick-ups, obviously.

Really weird choice felt like something out of a budget indie game.

animator probably got sick and couldn't get it done in time

i laughed long and hard at Dung Eater.
Formula felt tired.
>here we introduce The Broken Zeitgeist
> 4-6 Noun the Adjective’s
> Your purpose in vanquishing them but not really
> Ambiguity??? Mystery??? an extended metaphor for absolute power corrupts absolutely???

I like it. It's more immersive. It's like you are looking at paintings in a boos/scroll in the game world about events of the Shattering.
Our character in DS1 never met any of the gods before nor did they know how the world ruled by ancient dragons looked like so it detached from your character.

slideshow openings are cool and soulful

>muh visual noise
>muh lighting
>muh dark mode
I swear 99% of people who post about anything even remotely related to looking at a screen suffer from extreme autism and the absolute worst eye genetics ever.

you have retarded eyes.

What did you expect from a project that used to be titled 'Dark Ring' (until Gurm told Zak that's a Bri'ish slang term for anus)? It's literally a reboot of the Souls series.

I dont agree
Cgi is just those two bosses anime fighting. The slideshow its like a legendary tale, telling you about these legendary characters. Sets the tone much better in my opinion. And introduces all the important tarnished which are much more relevant to the plot that radahn and malenia.

From games are at their best when they start with very low stakes

I loved it as a callback to demon souls. I love when a seemingly random character from the opening turns out to be incredibly important

hoarah loux is the elden lord

Dark souls 1 and 3 just featured the bosses, at least ds 1 subverted the witch of izalith and gwyn. Still the demon souls intro feel way more haunting

It literally looks like a fucking place holder lmao, how can you defend this. They could have shown exactly the same but with a bit of motion/movement to it, actually animated not just reusing concept art.

Mogh and Rykard showing up in ways that you won't get until you meet them was really cool