Which has the better open world design?

Which has the better open world design?

Attached: 1639041412879.jpg (2000x1000, 227.61K)

lets play a game.

Attached: what game is this.jpg (1280x720, 139.17K)

without BOTW, elden ring wouldnt have existed.
So BOTW.

elden ring. You actually get hansomly rewarded with xp, weapons, spells and armor for your exploration. Whereas In botw you just get a pathetic seed.

mods delete this theres a hundred of these posts already.

Dark souls 3
what prize do i get

Gothic 2

Elden Ring is still in its honeymoon phase. People dont actually realize yet that 70% of the map is completely pointless.

>implying you don't get armour, powerups and resources for exploring in botw

wrong, its elden ring.

Yeah, infrequently, and not as valuable, seeing as its relevance to botw "combat" is low, particularly due to the durability mechanics.

The difference is that nintendo gamers are intelligent enough to realize how to break into that one area in BotW and sneak out with 5 weapons that invalidate every other weapon on the map, while people who play Elden Ring dont really understand that their midtier named upgrades are irrelevant fodder.

Played both and pirated both on PC, so no brand loyalty clowding my judgement.

Both have completely different takes on Open world. Elden Ring is essentially the quintessential adventure game. It truly is that "tfw no game will ever give you this feel" meme. Fuckton of bosses, extremely rewarding exploration (everything from weapons to discovering alien underground caverns to cool bosses to additional lore elements that flesh out the world). BoTW on the otherhand, is a sandbox. It's closer to MGSV, Just Cause 2 etc than say something like Gothic or Morrowind. The main fun in exploring BoTWs open world, is ironically, not even the element of "what's that there". People really tried to force this narrative of "what's that into the distance" when the reality is, outside of a few exceptions (pitch black island, divine beasts, Evantide etc), you can essentially chalk it up to "What's that over the-... It's a shrine/korok seed, isn't it". The fun actually comes from the traversial similar to say Just Cause games. BoTW is just a fun world to fuck around it.

I've not came close to completing Elden Ring and in contrast, every new area I find feels like an entirely new map almost with its own hidden caverns/secrets/castles.

If BOTW2 somehow manages to merge BoTWs traversial with Elden Rings actual content (not direct rip off of Souls content, but content that is worth even visting and exploring), then it will definitely be a superior game. But until then, the only way you can think BoTW had better open world design, is if you have a Nintendo red cap stitched to your skull.

Attached: 20220227203955_1.jpg (1920x1080, 272.56K)

I love how tendies truly expose themselves when they say this. Play more games that don't have a Nintendo logo bud.

Elden Ring is a call back to older games like Gothic/Morrowind, not your shitty empty sandbox

right childhood left adulthood

Both

Elden ring by far

BotW. I actually have the desire to explore BotW and not terrified I might be walking into a high level area with 50 guys that will jump me.

BOTW emphasizes the open aspect of open world games while Elden Ring emphasizes the world aspect.

The problem with botw is that it has to run on an underpowered tablet. You will never get moments that make you feel like the underground sections in elden ring do. Elden ring just has so many discovery moments. I really do like the emptiness of botw's world in a way but it's more out of necessity than anything else. They couldn't possibly populate it on the hardware.

The snow mountain ride to the plagued dragon was amazing though.

Gravity Rush 2.

Attached: Lunar Super Jump.webm (500x280, 2.91M)

Unlike botw, that has 99% of the map completely pointless? You just go to the castle and finish the game.