Ok I bought Elden Ring now what?

Any anons have advice for first builds? I wanna try some paladin shit or some gay berserk rp build. What is the meta rn (what is actually fun to play?) and what are some general tips for a first playthrough?

Attached: myth-tree.jpg (250x250, 47.28K)

use whatever you think will be fun for you, it's a big game try a couple different things before you decide. it's all viable.
>and what are some general tips for a first playthrough?
don't look stuff up and explore

Pick vagabond because it can be molded into aby build you want. There is respec later in the game, but you have to work for it.

so is it a bit of a crutch? I am only used to playing as a melee spas but the magic looks awesome in the game so im a bit iffy.

Literally play whatever you want, I started as a samurai who’s slowly morphing into a dragon, everything is viable and fun.

sounds kino mate

Attached: JAPANESE253-2.jpg (359x500, 159.55K)

Nothing stops a vagabond from speccing into magic. His starting stats are something you'd take anyway, even in most magic builds. But if you want to start with spells, prisoner and confessor are fine too.

my guts role play build is really fun

CLAAANG

Attached: berk.jpg (2560x1440, 691.48K)

Do not level faith above 18
otherwise you probably can't go wrong
t. 40 faith

grafted blade great sword is better.

Not OP but what's so special that unlocks at 18?

Do whatever you want, I was doing a guts build initially too but faith has compelled me to use incantations. Now I'm a big electric zweihander up your ass.

Attached: boobies.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

Where do you get the lightning blade incantation from? Or is it an ashes thing

access to buffs.

The L2 is shit on it though, it's only good for buffing Mind enough to use better summons.

It's from the golden knight, Liurnia of The Lakes, south of Artist's Shack according to the wiki.
I just kept exploring until I saw the guy.

>ELECTRIFY ARMAMENT
Man that is the gayest name. Bring back sunlight blade nigga, made me feel like a real palidan. Also for some reason it makes the whole weapon yellow now, including the handle which looks retarded. I miss dark souls 1 where it only did the blade portion.

that looks fantastic desu

I don't know, it looks cool to me

Attached: 1578629535877.jpg (1024x936, 61.7K)

What armor is that?

who gives a shit, ashes of war are for faggots anyways.