Zoomers

>Zoomers

Attached: zoomers.png (212x220, 57.71K)

show dont tell

Also rightoids

It isn't that you're reading, it's that what you're reading is ultimately pointless and barely if ever has any bearing on your gameplay.
This.

Cry about it, boomer faggot.

well they were raised on emojis and minecraft

NIGGER I read a lot of books, and I hate reading in videogames. Trying to calm yourself and read after a high adrenaline action is retarded.

>high adrenaline action
>Videogame
HAHAHAHAH

Nothing wrong with reading in games as long as critical information is not gated behind massive walls of text. Those should be reserved for lorefags and nothing else. Something like Deus Ex comes to mind, where the limited reading that is "required" is to get number combinations, but there's still plenty of emails available for anyone that wants to dive further. As long as the main story is not told through reading then its all good

This is why modern RPGs are shit

More games should make you read and think critically during the action

All depends on the game for me
I always read the notes and letters in game like Resident Evil and Silent Hill
But a game like Fallout? I don't give a fuck

Attached: 1644776209788.jpg (636x627, 66.22K)

This. Games are so fucking dumbed down nowadays. I want to be engaged and that simply requires something to actually think about. Shit, Im not expecting some Inceptions-Level shit.

> calm yourself and read after a high adrenaline action
Pressing x is not a high adrenaline action

I've seen recently some zoomer reviewing fallout 2 and 90% of the video was him complaining that there's too much reading.

It's true though. If I wanted to read a book, I have a much greater physical collection than anything a video game is going to offer.

The only way anyone would be fine with reading a book within a game is if all the other content is a snoozefest or badly designed, e.g. shitty click and point games which have lots of reading, like Disco Elysium.

>start to learn a program
>98% of available resources are video tutorials where some pajeet with annoying voice barely clicks through things
i hate zoomeroids so much

Attached: 1463059160451.jpg (600x400, 73.29K)

what the fuck is this thread supposed to mean?
Reading/story in video games is almost always terrible, nobody likes doing it.

I usually don't read but when the writing is good -underrail comes to mind- I'll naturally be drawn to it. Quality writing is rare.

Thinking critically during action is not the same thinking you do during reading. It's obvious you retards have never read books.

There is just too much irony in older gamers having complained about the increase in story and cutscenes from the arcade/NES generation to the PSX generation getting in the way of gameplay, only for that new generation to go on to shame the younger generation for not wanting story and cutscenes and instead wanted straight gameplay.

>bruh why did old games release with these bibles fr fr no cap

Attached: s-l400.jpg (348x400, 40.56K)

>Reading/story in video games is almost always terrible, nobody likes doing it.
then why do visual novels exist?

"Do, don't show" is a better mantra for videogames.

Not every plot point necessarily involve the player so having the player do something is just gonna reinforce the idea the world only move when you do.
But otherwise yes, if it's the player is a central point to the event, it should be "do".

>god forbid our code monkeys put anything in the game that won't be seen by at least 90% of our normalfag playerbase
this is why games are dying

If you want to read, read a book

This isn't fucking movies mate. There absolutely are scenarios in videogames where worldbuilding is best done through text.

>the world only move when you do
Good.

Agreeable video is you actually watch it. Endless text logs in non-RPGs really do break the flow of gameplay.

>Slow, shitty video tutorials
>Half baked wikis
>Uninformative slide shows of the top x y's
>Dead discords

I wish devs went back to making decent manuals of their own. That's the reading I want to do