PC gaming Controller

I'm a PC zealot.
So I did see this, and even for me this picture is retarded.

i mean the PC did not have the mouse when Atari and NES where around. Not for gaming.

Also what improvements do you think console controllers and PC controllers (K+M etc) should get ?

Console
>Back paddles are a must
>must be different buttons then face buttons.
Actually I redesign the whole thing since the needing to hold a brick in your hands is limiting your input options

PS:
>I tried and I failed, duno give a thumb stick to the side of the mouse ?
Definitively add the hidden F buttons after F12 (plebs do not know the keyboard has a F13 button) to the left side of the keyboard after Tab and Caps Lock etc.

Attached: 1646079219415.png (800x600, 245.13K)

When will devs stop designing games for controllers? Most UIs are complete garbage for keyboard. They just slap the same controls as on controllers and switch the keys, they use 5% of keyboard potential and it's annoying to be an afterthought.

Elaborate on this with examples.

When consoles stop being a majority of the market. Beyond that they're an ENORMOUS majority. I'd say probably 75% or more of the vidya market plays on consoles, and of the 25% of PC players, probably half of them play with controllers anyway.

Controllers are comfy
It's weird to me when someone leaves a negative review for not properly supporting KBM on a game that OBVIOUSLY is MADE for a controller, like Katamari Damacy for example. If you even think to play Katamari with a keyboard you are completely fucking stupid. Do these people think using a controller will damage their pride as PC gamers or someshit?

All RPGs and especially their inventories, I don't know how to explain but you just know when you try to use them they were designed with a controller in mind. I'm playing the witcher 3 and it's like that, just how things are displayed etc
They could make a simple integrated "mod" for keyboard though, like SkyUI.

>When consoles stop being a majority of the market. Beyond that they're an ENORMOUS majority. I'd say probably 75% or more of the vidya market plays on consoles, and of the 25% of PC players, probably half of them play with controllers anyway.
HUH ?
Not in Russia or the old USSR countries.
Playing on consoles is a rare thing.

> ENORMOUS majority
Sours ?

>i mean the PC did not have the mouse when Atari and NES where around. Not for gaming.
Not to mention control schemes were entirely different for pc back then.
When I was little I just accepted the arrow keys as a standard for moving characters without questioning it. I remember some games even using the fucking numpad for movement. It took a while for WASD to be the standard.

>Controllers are comfy
Debatable.

>Katamari Damacy
Never played it explain this one.

>KBM on a game that
Practically all games are best on K+M For example ever played Dark souls ?

Ever played Jedi Academy ?
Because Jedi Academy is how you make sword fighting in a game.

Lock on mechanic is so retarded.
On K+M you simply do what you want to do, turn your back, back paddle, strafe, circle.

Attached: 1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 152.34K)

>All RPGs and especially their inventories
I understand based on skyrim.

Every controller I've ever bought had issues after a few months of usage either drifting or buttons becoming too stiff
I still use a 5 yo keyboard with no issues

>Not to mention control schemes were entirely different for pc back then.
Agree.

However this can be argued as us not realizing the full potential of the keyboard and doing it wrong.

However some games are not easy to remap.So .....

> I just accepted the arrow keys
Yep. I did have many debates if the Duke Nukem 3D and Doom original setups are even valid.

Did you even once try to play on that setup ? Literally impossible to circle strafe. Unless you have 3 hands !

>using the fucking numpad for movement. It
Hey the numpad is far superior to the arrows (more keys around can use small finger and ENTER to do something) in every way.

Also this made me learn to use the numpad to enter numbers. AH yes . Carmageddon changed my life !

>either drifting
This is the defect of the analog sticks they have springs and get drift.

Did you have problems with the digital buttons ?

>bought had issues after a few months
Not for me !

Keyboard has no analog movement so it already fails.

wordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordwordword
reddit can't meme or argument

Attached: file.png (800x600, 191.65K)

>Practically all games are best on K+M
try playing platformers or racing games on it

>try playing platformers
Arguable. Can be Ok.

controller
>More comfortable
>Has shit limitations and do bad inputs

K+M
>more meh (maybe need to play more ?)
>WSAD controls for movement are perfect never have a bad input from the D-pad (going on a ladder since you can press UP and Left at the same time).

>racing games
I do not play racing games, name them.

I was more thinking fighting games since playing on Keyboard is questionable and uncomfortable for me. However there are people who play on keyboard and see the benefits of the keyboard like having separate inputs for up down left right.

Maybe need a pro keyboard since office USB keyboards are limited to 4-KRO ( need NKRO )? And this creates problems ? My theory ?

Keyboards has never changed cause they were designed for women to type on. Not for gaming.

>Keyboards has never changed cause they were designed to type on
YES.

>Not for gaming.
WASD still eclipses you.

>Not for gaming.
Design the perfect PC gaming device that has all the benefits of the keyboard however is optimized for gaming only, especially stuff made for keyboard heavy games like RTS and Star Craft.

Attached: 35345e56udttjdy.jpg (284x177, 13.33K)

Radial menus are a pretty obvious example. They make sense for controllers, which have joysticks and limited inputs. But on PC they just feel retarded blindly waving your mouse around the pad to select the option you want while the game goes in to retard slow mo mode. With the alternative being... pressing 4.

Mice aren't 100% standardized and you can pretty much find a mouse to fit any need. And controllers are fine for their purposes, minus ergonomic shit like the switch paddles. Just make them fucking last longer than a year again.

ywnbaw

I was actually just playing Katamari on my pc with my controller a couple days ago. I can't even imagine what the k+m mapping would be like.

Just use what you like, at least on PC you have this choice.

Agree.